Pollard is good, but he's no Zeke

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just ASK them.

The point is.....you can;t say any other RB would give us the same production. Asking Memphis coaches has the same fantasy and fallacy as claiming Murray and Pollard are dirt cheap and effective. Can't be proven....but according to YOU it's clear cut no debate.

Nope, never said any RB, and never said it was as clear cut debate.

Feel free to who where I said either of those things.

aria

Reaction score
You see....this is an example of FAKE NEWS. THIS guy...ignores all the other things people bring up. As if "rushing titles" is the oNLY thing> Bull sheet!

If you think the only thing that zeke bring is rushing titles and a obscene paycheck....why even be here to talk? You aren't interested in honest discourse and maybe different perspective. Just force your opinion and blabber about.
See THIS GUY is why you can’t have logical arguments with people because they have reading comprehension problems and eventually start making things up that other posters never said to try and prove a point. Where did I say that the only thing Zeke brings is rushing titles? Where did I even say that the ONLY thing people bring up is Zeke’s rushing titles (you may actually be able to find one quote where I may have said that if you’re lucky).

I’ve said people always use his rushing titles as a reason to why he’s the best. Force my opinion? Have you even read the rest of the thread where I support my argument and opinions with stats whereas you ramble with almost incomprehensible rants that do nothing to back up your argument?

Reread the thread junior and next time you respond to me why you don’t try use complete sentences that state your thoughts/opinions of why I’m wrong and use factual data to back it up instead of this crap you typed.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Thunder and lightning!
I know people tend to want to start a romantic fantasy about guys like Pollard.

He fills in when games are getting late and suddenly they make few splashy plays and suddenly..

they are the next savior.

Zeke has done all the heavy lifting up until then and worn the defense down.

What's to figure out who should be playing?

It's obvious to me and my sensibilities.

Not Pollard. Does the name Lance Dunbar ring a bell?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See THIS GUY is why you can’t have logical arguments with people because they have reading comprehension problems and eventually start making things up that other posters never said to try and prove a point. Where did I say that the only thing Zeke brings is rushing titles? Where did I even say that the ONLY thing people bring up is Zeke’s rushing titles (you may actually be able to find one quote where I may have said that if you’re lucky).

I’ve said people always use his rushing titles as a reason to why he’s the best. Force my opinion? Have you even read the rest of the thread where I support my argument and opinions with stats whereas you ramble with almost incomprehensible rants that do nothing to back up your argument?

Reread the thread junior and next time you respond to me why you don’t try use complete sentences that state your thoughts/opinions of why I’m wrong and use factual data to back it up instead of this crap you typed.

I admit to using hyperbole...and therefore disqualify myself from debating your point. I disagree with you..but you objected to my tactic...and objection is sustained. If you wish to reinstate me...I would love to try again, reset.

P>S I also admit to not reading every single WORD of the thread or even remembering if I did. Old age see. I also admit to not knowing every single forum members stance on every single thing in every post and thread, I usually just respond as best as I can to the one single comment that I quote. One might need to be more clear in commenting, maybe? . I guess you need to sue me ...or forgive me and have patience.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You have been VERY clear in you stance. Now...YOUR posts I remember. Are you seriously arguing ONLY Murray would have suited us? You'r intent is very clear.....just about ANY RB would do as long as we don;t over pay him. Not your exact words but you are daring me to find something, eh?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

On second reading...I think I either did not make my point clear or you missed it. My POINT was that you claim Murray and recently Pollard would be VERY cheap and effective. You've stated your case over and over as if it is clear cut and NO debate.

It's akin to being able to ask Memphis if Pollard can "carry the NFL load".

You sarcastically asked
CowboyRoy said:
Can they? Great, so how do we ask them?

Ask them like you ask how Murray and Pollard are magically mysterious effective, if not great. for 4 million then suudenly 9 million. And really if Murray were still here being great...only 8 mill a year? Come on. Not how it works dude. He'd either be getting his Jerry Jones 20 mil a year or more...or be gone.

My point is not really that you said "any other RB"....it's really about overall logic. You calling others out for un-provable fantasy while using it yourself.

aria

Reaction score
I admit to using hyperbole...and therefore disqualify myself from debating your point. I disagree with you..but you objected to my tactic...and objection is sustained. If you wish to reinstate me...I would love to try again, reset.

P>S I also admit to not reading every single WORD of the thread or even remembering if I did. Old age see. I also admit to not knowing every single forum members stance on every single thing in every post and thread, I usually just respond as best as I can to the one single comment that I quote. One might need to be more clear in commenting, maybe? . I guess you need to sue me ...or forgive me and have patience.
I will opt to forgive you and have patience. Contrary to what some people think, I can indeed forgive for minor offenses :)

Onwards at your will, but if you do proceed, please go back through this thread so you understand my opinion and feel free to offer a rebuttal but I prefer facts accompanied with opinion rather than the latter based strictly on feelings.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Oh my. So...a "couple people" here on an alleged "fan" message board...said they liked Pollard more than zeke...and to YOU...that is proof "Pollard is better than zeke".

Oh wait...I get it....pulling my leg....a joker. Sarcasm! Right. You almost had me.

Where did you get the idea that I think Pollard is better than Zeke?

You said, and I quote "I haven't heard ANYONE say that Pollard is better than Zeke. Not one poster on here or anywhere."

I was just noting that there have been a couple of people that did say Pollard should start instead of Zeke, and the last time I checked a couple IS MORE THAN ZERO. I also noted that some said trade Zeke and start Pollard and that to me meant THOSE people were essentially saying Pollard is better than Zeke, not that I was saying that.

Don't know if you confused my post with someone else or just didn't read my post correctly, but just for the record I do NOT think Pollard is better than Zeke. I have consistently posted that Zeke gets more out of his carries than most backs would, he has to bash and bang his way to 3-4-5 yards on carries because the blocking isn't that great anymore....

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have been VERY clear in you stance. Now...YOUR posts I remember. Are you seriously arguing ONLY Murray would have suited us? You'r intent is very clear.....just about ANY RB would do as long as we don;t over pay him. Not your exact words but you are daring me to find something, eh?

no you guys just exaggerate the stance to gain some kind of angle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
On second reading...I think I either did not make my point clear or you missed it. My POINT was that you claim Murray and recently Pollard would be VERY cheap and effective. You've stated your case over and over as if it is clear cut and NO debate.

It's akin to being able to ask Memphis if Pollard can "carry the NFL load".

You sarcastically asked
CowboyRoy said:
Can they? Great, so how do we ask them?

Ask them like you ask how Murray and Pollard are magically mysterious effective, if not great. for 4 million then suudenly 9 million. And really if Murray were still here being great...only 8 mill a year? Come on. Not how it works dude. He'd either be getting his Jerry Jones 20 mil a year or more...or be gone.

My point is not really that you said "any other RB"....it's really about overall logic. You calling others out for un-provable fantasy while using it yourself.

i was very clear. Pollard and Murray would cost half of zeke and pollard. It would also cost much less in draft capital. 4th pick in draft vs Murray a 3rd round pick. Give me Murray and pollard all day long every day.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i was very clear. Pollard and Murray would cost half of zeke and pollard. It would also cost much less in draft capital. 4th pick in draft vs Murray a 3rd round pick. Give me Murray and pollard all day long every day.

I still contend that you don't know what Murray would be making now. I think you are severely underestimating that to suit your own angle.

If he were still here, would likely mean he'd have huge numbers. We can well imagine he would. PAID! If he were still here, Jerry rewards stayers...loyalty. DOUBLE PAID!

Your logic just doesn't.....add...up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where did you get the idea that I think Pollard is better than Zeke?

You said, and I quote "I haven't heard ANYONE say that Pollard is better than Zeke. Not one poster on here or anywhere."

I was just noting that there have been a couple of people that did say Pollard should start instead of Zeke, and the last time I checked a couple IS MORE THAN ZERO. I also noted that some said trade Zeke and start Pollard and that to me meant THOSE people were essentially saying Pollard is better than Zeke, not that I was saying that.

Don't know if you confused my post with someone else or just didn't read my post correctly, but just for the record I do NOT think Pollard is better than Zeke. I have consistently posted that Zeke gets more out of his carries than most backs would, he has to bash and bang his way to 3-4-5 yards on carries because the blocking isn't that great anymore....

I was mostly just joking with ya.

Let's review your post: "There have been a couple of people here who said the Cowboys should trade Zeke and put Pollard as the main running back, that to me is essentially saying Pollard is better than Zeke...."

You made no reference to whom or what you were talking about. If there were some confusion.....certainly you can understand. Note...I never said YOU said Pollard is better. I thought that you said "because some people said so, Pollard is better.

"...that to me is essentially saying pollard is better".

But I'm clear on your meaning now. We're on the same page.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
zeke catching ticker tape with his tongue.....odd ** er. :cool:
cfs271-112-2015-231055-high-jpg.jpg
Its that new LSD,, disguised as ticker tape.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I still contend that you don't know what Murray would be making now. I think you are severely underestimating that to suit your own angle.

If he were still here, would likely mean he'd have huge numbers. We can well imagine he would. PAID! If he were still here, Jerry rewards stayers...loyalty. DOUBLE PAID!

Your logic just doesn't.....add...up.

nothing I can do if you can’t follow simple logic.

or maybe you can’t add:lmao: