Pollard is good, but he's no Zeke

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My friends and associates keep telling me how great Tony Pollard is and that he's better that Zekie. Well, I remember a back by the name of Felix Jones who everyone thought was the next Emmitt when the Boys had Marion Barber. Isn't it funny when the guy playing second fiddle has seriously gaudy numbers until he's asked to carry the baton. I can I get an amen!!!!

Felix was a phenomenon before we destroyed him. We totally wasted him.

Barber was inevitably going to have a limited lifespan because his game was contact. *He* was a guy who couldn't pull the full load, and didn't. No season with more than 16 carries per game. Pooped out in the 2007 playoff game in the second half. He had two and half good seasons where he was the lead back but only about 2/3 of the load.

Pollard isn't Zeke. Different kind of player. He should be the complementary RB/WR player we've worked to get for years from Dunbar/Whitehead/Switzer/Austin. Pollard is the best RB of all of them, with the best combination of speed and size to go deep.

Pollard could be a starting RB, though you'd want to get a short yardage back to go with him. We would have saved over 10mil a year if we had gone that way. There's who is the better player, and who is the better deal. Pollard wins on value per dollar, and that's the name of the game in a capped league.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Felix was a phenomenon before we destroyed him. We totally wasted him.

Barber was inevitably going to have a limited lifespan because his game was contact. *He* was a guy who couldn't pull the full load, and didn't. No season with more than 16 carries per game. Pooped out in the 2007 playoff game in the second half. He had two and half good seasons where he was the lead back but only about 2/3 of the load.

Pollard isn't Zeke. Different kind of player. He should be the complementary RB/WR player we've worked to get for years from Dunbar/Whitehead/Switzer/Austin. Pollard is the best RB of all of them, with the best combination of speed and size to go deep.

Pollard could be a starting RB, though you'd want to get a short yardage back to go with him. We would have saved over 10mil a year if we had gone that way. There's who is the better player, and who is the better deal. Pollard wins on value per dollar, and that's the name of the game in a capped league.

I disagree Pollard wouldn’t be a effective starting rb

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Grasshopper? LOL , that’s the young kung ** character, I am no where near that young anymore, believe me I wish I were
Ya with Davide Caradine Kung **,,, why don't they have a kung ** station on direct tv for free during these trying times.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One long run in mop up duty against a tired beaten Rams team and here we go with another Pollard versus Zeke debate. :popcorn:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
One long run against a tired beaten Rams team and here we go with another Pollard versus Zeke thread. :popcorn:
Ya you would think we field two quality RBs so that we can have a boxing match and some MMA match set between Zeke and Pollard.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
My friends and associates keep telling me how great Tony Pollard is and that he's better that Zekie. Well, I remember a back by the name of Felix Jones who everyone thought was the next Emmitt when the Boys had Marion Barber. Isn't it funny when the guy playing second fiddle has seriously gaudy numbers until he's asked to carry the baton. I can I get an amen!!!!

What difference does it make? It certainly doesn't mean you want Zeke to get 300 carries.

Anywho, Pollard is no threat to Zeke's playing time. Jarwin and whoever is his backup are the ones who need to worry. 21 and 20 formations should be the staples on offense.

When Pollard puts on 25 bad lbs then let me know. Then you can worry about him falling off like Jones.

jay94

Reaction score
Pollard pff grade 82.9
Elliot pff grade 77.2

Elliot is the most overrated player in the league. It really took until the Eagles game for him to fully show up this past season. Pollard can hit you with a home run, turn to Zeke and it will be lucky to go for 20 yards. The greatest asset Zeke has is durability, otherwise he's good not great, nothing special. I fully hope he's better than Pollard, but the difference between the two is by no means large at all.

aria

Reaction score
Thankfully Pollard is no Zeke, Jerry would have to spend more money on bail then he did with the two prostitutes he paid off to “disappear”.

iD9hFV8.jpg

phildadon86

Reaction score
The question should be is Zeke better than Demarco Murray in his prime? I don't really think he is.....
Lol. Wow. Zeke is 10 time’s the runner demarco was. Murray benefited from an amazing line in 2014. There are pictures of literally gaping holes Murray had to run thru. Not to mention his fumbling issues and lack of top end speed. Zeke and Murray in the same conversation is laughable.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Lol. Wow. Zeke is 10 time’s the runner demarco was. Murray benefited from an amazing line in 2014. There are pictures of literally gaping holes Murray had to run thru. Not to mention his fumbling issues and lack of top end speed. Zeke and Murray in the same conversation is laughable.
Was the line not amazing in 2016 for Zeke?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He's just more efficient, breaks tackle at a higher rate, better in open field, and breakaway speed.
If Pollard could handle Zeke's workload(we'll never know) he'd put up better numbers.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

So let's see here

1 Zeke also benefits from one of the best run blocking lines every year of his career.
2 there are pics of Zeke running through gaping holes
3 Zeke also has a fumbling issue
4 Zeke lacks top end speed

You're actually making a good case for them to be in the same conversation, you not seeing this while typing is laughable

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So let's see here

1 Zeke also benefits from one of the best run blocking lines every year of his career.
2 there are pics of Zeke running through gaping holes
3 Zeke also has a fumbling issue
4 Zeke lacks top end speed

You're actually making a good case for them to be in the same conversation, you not seeing this while typing is laughable
Yeah, would anyone take the 2011-2014 lines over the 2016-2019 lines?