Pollard is good, but he's no Zeke

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You really think Witten fumbling at the 50 wasn’t worse than Zeke fumbling?
You're applying double standards. You're willing to go to bat for Zeke's fumble and blame someone else, but you're blaming Murray for his and not coming up with other mistakes. Zeke fumbled on 4th and 1 while we were driving late in the 1st half. The Saints kicked a FG as a result. They won by 2. If Zeke didn't fumble then at minimum we keep drain more clock and the Saints probably don't kick a FG before half. We also may have scored. It was huge, just like Murray's. We missed the playoffs by 1 game.

Try judging players using the same standards.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Nope. Bill Callahan was our coach in 2014. And Zeke is elite at running, blocking, and scoring touchdowns. Zeke has led the league in rushing twice in 4 years and not to mention had a down year and still went for over 1000. How many rushing titles did Murray have? Only thing I remember about Murray is fumbling the game away in Green Bay getting chased down by Julius peppers.

Callahan was, and Pollack was assistant.

He led the league in Carries both of those years. As I said durability is his only elite trait.

He's not elite at running blocking and hell no to scoring touchdowns lmao.

Murray has exactly one less rushing title than Zeke lol.

Yes we can tell you only remember one play, which is a bad look for you. Confirms an agenda.

phildadon86

Reaction score

He led the league in Carries both of those years. As I said durability is his only elite trait.

Yes we can tell you only remember one play, which is a bad look for you. Confirms an agenda.
Zeke isn’t an elite blocker? And I’m the one with an agenda. Ok pal. Lol

phildadon86

Reaction score
Same thing happens with Romo and Dez fanboys. They will crap on everyone else to make those players look as good as possible.
The guy you’re speaking to just said Zeke isn’t an elite blocker. So yeah. I’m the one with the agenda.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
My friends and associates keep telling me how great Tony Pollard is and that he's better that Zekie. Well, I remember a back by the name of Felix Jones who everyone thought was the next Emmitt when the Boys had Marion Barber. Isn't it funny when the guy playing second fiddle has seriously gaudy numbers until he's asked to carry the baton. I can I get an amen!!!!

Stopped reading there.

This is a big problem on this forum that people do all the time.

We reference the past way too often in regards to things like running the ball and how it worked in the 90s so now we need triplets today because 90s.

Tony Pollard isn’t that good because you remember Felix Jones not being that good.

Too much of these things are said on this forum and there is hundreds of guys you could compare Pollard too with his skill set but you chose Felix Jones...

If Tony Pollard has to play over Zeke we will be fine.. Zekes not an explosive player anymore and carrying this team to victory anyways. He’s still great but he’s great for a RB and RBs just don’t have a big impact on outcomes of games anymore.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The guy you’re speaking to just said Zeke isn’t an elite blocker. So yeah. I’m the one with the agenda.
How is an elite blocking back measured? I think PFF has pass blocking stats for running backs but you need to be an elite subscriber to view them. I think both Zeke and Murray were very good blockers, I just don't know where the elite status is.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He’s much better then Murray.

Murray had no vision.. Just a straight ahead down hill runner that would fumble.
We finally agree on something. I was told in this thread that Zeke isn’t an elite blocker. Lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Lol. Wow. Zeke is 10 time’s the runner demarco was. Murray benefited from an amazing line in 2014. There are pictures of literally gaping holes Murray had to run thru. Not to mention his fumbling issues and lack of top end speed. Zeke and Murray in the same conversation is laughable.
Cant disagree there.

phildadon86

Reaction score
How is an elite blocking back measured? I think PFF has pass blocking stats for running backs but you need to be an elite subscriber to view them. I think both Zeke and Murray were very good blockers, I just don't know where the elite status is.
His scouting report had his as the best blocking RB and he’s proven it many times in game. Just need to watch the film and not study stats as the be all end all.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
His scouting report had his as the best blocking RB and he’s proven it many times in game. Just need to watch the film and not study stats as the be all end all.
So you watch all the other RBs blocking and know exactly how good they are, too? What was wrong with Murray's blocking as compared to Zeke's?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nobody mentions it but what if a top OL prospect drops instead of Kinlaw or Ruggs,, that's why I keep it simple and not worry, there is going to be talent there, just keep your eyes wide open in this draft.

kskboys

Reaction score

Zeke is an elite blocker. Agenda?