Pollard is good, but he's no Zeke

phildadon86

Reaction score
So let's see here

1 Zeke also benefits from one of the best run blocking lines every year of his career.
2 there are pics of Zeke running through gaping holes
3 Zeke also has a fumbling issue
4 Zeke lacks top end speed

You're actually making a good case for them to be in the same conversation, you not seeing this while typing is laughable
Zeke went thru college with 0 fumbles. Zeke did have top end speed and hopefully the new coaching staff can get him back to that. Zeke does not have the line that Murray did in 2014. 2016 was good but not 2014 good. So no. No agenda. Murray isn’t even in the same realm as Zeke

robjay04

Reaction score
Your friends and associates are idiots OR you are twisting what they've said.

Pollard is a terrific player. He does not need to compete with Zeke. They have different skill-sets and can be on the field together.

The games Pollard played the most snaps correlate directly with the Cowboys wins.

Pollard and Zeke were on the field together at times in 2019. I think Kellen Moore would have done it more often if there was no involvement by Garrett.

Pollard could be a NFL slot WR is they wanted to go that route with him but he also has legit RB ability.

Cowboys Wins and Pollard's percent of Offensive Snaps Played
W 36.00%
W 33.00%
W 32.00%
W 32.00%
W 28.00%
W 23.00%
W 19.00%
L 19.00%
W 16.00%
L 14.00%
L 9.00%
L 7.00%
L 6.00%
L 4.00%
L 3.00%

That could also be to the fact that we ran the ball well that game and had a lead. It is kind it like the stat where if Zeke gets 20 carries or more, we win the vast majority of our games.

but yes he should get more looks...primarily like with Zeke on the field as well.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Zeke went thru college with 0 fumbles. Zeke did have top end speed and hopefully the new coaching staff can get him back to that. Zeke does not have the line that Murray did in 2014. 2016 was good but not 2014 good. So no. No agenda. Murray isn’t even in the same realm as Zeke
College fumbles are thrown out the window if you start fumbling in the pros. Why you even thought that was a good point, noone knows lol.

How would a new coaching staff improve Zeke's top end speed....? What?

You're right in 2014 they had Tyron, Leary, Fred, Martin, and Free.
While in 2016 they downgraded to Tyron, Leary, Frederick, Martin, and Free. Lmao.

Yes, an obvious agenda. You're wrong bud, sorry.

phildadon86

Reaction score
College fumbles are thrown out the window if you start fumbling in the pros. Why you even thought that was a good point, noone knows lol.

How would a new coaching staff improve Zeke's top end speed....? What?

You're right in 2014 they had Tyron, Leary, Fred, Martin, and Free.
While in 2016 they downgraded to Tyron, Leary, Frederick, Martin, and Free. Lmao.

Yes, an obvious agenda. You're wrong bud, sorry.
Would you like to speak about the coaching on the line in 2014 vs 2016? And yes coaching can get Zeke back into shape because there is now accountability. He can’t show up overweight and out of shape we hope. It’s not an agenda it’s reality. Murray isn’t as good as Zeke it’s not really even close. Would you like to speak about durability next? Since I have an agenda I guess i would be making up Murray’s durability issues too. And Murray didn’t just fumble. He fumbled away games. And then proceeded to say he wasn’t going to change the way he ran the ball.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Was the line not amazing in 2016 for Zeke?
Of course it was. I’m saying the 2014 line was better. Do we need to go deeper comparing demarco Murray to Zeke? Ok. Let’s talk about durability. Or we can talk about blocking ability. Or we can talk about vision.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Would you like to speak about the coaching on the line in 2014 vs 2016? And yes coaching can get Zeke back into shape because there is now accountability. He can’t show up overweight and out of shape we hope. It’s not an agenda it’s reality. Murray isn’t as good as Zeke it’s not really even close. Would you like to speak about durability next? Since I have an agenda I guess i would be making up Murray’s durability issues too. And Murray didn’t just fumble. He fumbled away games. And then proceeded to say he wasn’t going to change the way he ran the ball.

Sure I'll speak on it. Frank Pollack was the offensive line coach for both 2014 and 2016.
Checkmate. I get grasping at straws but this is really bad.

It's now the coaching staffs responsibility to make sure Zeke doesn't show up overweight while he's away from the team? Yeesh. A player can't be all that good if he's showing up overweight like you're saying.

Durability is the only thing Zeke is elite at. Unfortunately it doesn't affect the scoreboard.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Of course it was. I’m saying the 2014 line was better. Do we need to go deeper comparing demarco Murray to Zeke? Ok. Let’s talk about durability. Or we can talk about blocking ability. Or we can talk about vision.
Zeke has the durability over Murray no question. Aside from that, I see little difference. I'll grant you Zeke is "better" but Murray was also a 3rd round pick compared to a 4th overall and he didn't get a huge 2nd contract. Zeke should be head and shoulders better than Murray for the cost and natural talent advantage, but he isn't.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Sure I'll speak on it. Frank Pollack was the offensive line coach for both 2014 and 2016.

It's now the coaching staffs responsibility to make sure Zeke doesn't show up overweight while he's away from the team? Yeesh. A player can't be all that good if he's showing up overweight like you're saying.

Durability is the only thing Zeke is elite at. Unfortunately it doesn't affect the scoreboard.
Nope. Bill Callahan was our coach in 2014. And Zeke is elite at running, blocking, and scoring touchdowns. Zeke has led the league in rushing twice in 4 years and not to mention had a down year and still went for over 1000. How many rushing titles did Murray have? Only thing I remember about Murray is fumbling the game away in Green Bay getting chased down by Julius peppers.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Zeke has the durability over Murray no question. Aside from that, I see little difference. I'll grant you Zeke is "better" but Murray was also a 3rd round pick compared to a 4th overall and he didn't get a huge 2nd contract. Zeke should be head and shoulders better than Murray for the cost and natural talent advantage, but he isn't.
So draft position matters? Because I keep hearing on here when it comes to Dak that it doesn’t.
Murray did get a second contract. From the eagles. Remember the team he went to and said they had a better chance at a championship?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wrong. Callahan's final season with the Cowboys was 2014.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So draft position matters? Because I keep hearing on here when it comes to Dak that it doesn’t.
Murray did get a second contract. From the eagles. Remember the team he went to and said they had a better chance at a championship?
He didn't get it from us. Aside from durability, what exactly does Zeke do better than Murray? They are both bell cows, they both get the tough yards, they both aren't good in the open field, they're good receivers, and they are good blockers. They're very similar.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Murray had one “prime” season.
TY! Jeez dude can anyone not appreciate Zeke durability, consistency, 2 Rushing crowns, year he only played 10 games he led in YPG avg, and last year adown year 1800 all purpose yards, double digit Tds, and 4th in the league only 30yards out of 3rd, note of interest he also led the league last season in first half yards, the offense failed Zeke in second halfs when he was hot and let Dak throw far too much.. like another mentioned hes already the 4th best rusher in Cowboys history in yardage umm since 1960 guys..SMH

appreciate greatness , hes wearing the blue star on his silver helmet..

Pollard is a weapon , hes like my Glock compact 9MM can get the job done , but Zekes my Custom Colt .45 1911 when I pull it out it does the job with no doubts..

Pollard if used properly as Zekes backup can be a great 1-2 punch and no way pollards better then zeke, zekes had skins from HS, Major college football, and now as a starter 4 years in the NFL that leave no doubt who the better 3 down back...they are different and both can produce and help the Dc be successful..

the old scheme and play calling failed to get that done , hopefully that changes.. I will support both but zeke is special to me and has some years left..maybe pollard gets there..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Only thing I remember about Murray is fumbling the game away in Green Bay getting chased down by Julius peppers.
We were up 14-10 at the time. After the fumble, GB kicked a FG and we still had the lead. The next possession Murray was instrumental in the TD drive which extended our lead back up to 8. The fumble was huge, as all turnovers are, but he didn't fumble the game away. If you still believe Murray fumbled the game away, then Zeke fumbled the game away against N.O this year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We were up 14-10 at the time. After the fumble, GB kicked a FG and we still had the lead. The next possession Murray was instrumental in the TD drive which extended our lead back up to 8. The fumble was huge, as all turnovers are, but he didn't fumble the game away. If you still believe Murray fumbled the game away, then Zeke fumbled the game away against N.O this year.
No. That would be Witten that fumbled the game away in NO. And Murray fumbled the game away because if he scored that touchdown with nothing but grass in front of him the Packers would have been deflated. Period. Murray not protecting the football killed us

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No. That would be Witten that fumbled the game away in NO. And Murray fumbled the game away because if he scored that touchdown with nothing but grass in front of him the Packers would have been deflated. Period. Murray not protecting the football killed us
:laugh: And you claim not to have an agenda.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don’t. It’s not an agenda to say Zeke is better than Murray. It’s fact. And the stats back it up.
No, it's not an agenda to say Zeke is better than Murray. The BS you're saying to support it is an agenda. You're sorely lacking any sort of objectivity in the discussion.