Pollard should be the 1

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zeke is good on the shorter stuff. 4-5 yards max. power back. pollard is your HR guy. i like them both. zeke is just bashed on bc of the $$$. that’s just how it is.
How many "home runs" does he hit per game? In general...he gest about 3-5 yards just like zeke. He gets "a big one" on occasion because he does have that talent.

Last year he was ripping up big plays. Then got hurt. This year he's being pulled early to ...I guess keep him fresh and to obey Jerry's orders to use both.

Imagine Emmitt Smith getting 10 carries a game. Guys like Pollard can play fresh...what a luxury! Guys like Zeke and Emmitt beat the defense down and THEN kick axe! A PROVEN formula.

I'm hoping that guys have just lost your mind a little bit, and that we are saving Zeke for later in the season when we'll need his brutal strength. Hopefully our QB's can withstand Pollards whiffed blocking.

J12B

Reaction score
How do you know they were poorly designed, if they were poorly executed? Zeke does go "as the O-line goes", but so does Pollard. He's not just jumping over guys to get past the LoS. Both backs have their respective roles to play, and neither can do what the other does. If you put Pollard in too much, you're going to lose your QB...He's that bad at blocking.

Please.

Zeke does not get that 47 yarder like Pollard did.

Zeke would've been lucky to pick up 5 on that play if he got around the edge, which he usually doesn't

JustChip

Reaction score
So did y’all miss last week when Zeke outplayed Pollard? Is this what we are going to do? Go back and forth on who should start based on how they last played?
Who starts s immaterial, there’s a place for both. The only issue is what Zeke’s being paid and that doesn’t make a difference in the field. Personally, I’d like yo see a 2 back set in certain situations.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you come up with this stuff.
Zeke hate is very powerful.

Guys like him....get impressed with the flash. Which Tony DOES HAVE! He is an exciting play maker.....that so far doesn't have to...has NEVER done the dirty work a #1 RB has to do.

Pollard hurt himself in back up duty yet it's "not debatable" he should be #1? It's a sickness.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please.

Zeke would've been lucky to pick up 5 on that play if he got around the edge, which he usually doesn't
Maybe...maybe not.... And pollard will get your QB killed. He showed it in the Tampa game. Zeke doersn't run many plays to the outside and when he does they are telegraphed and slow developed.

Zeke has to do the dirty work and when Pollard has to do it doesn't get much more. Except missing blocking up the middle.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who starts s immaterial, there’s a place for both. The only issue is what Zeke’s being paid and that doesn’t make a difference in the field. Personally, I’d like yo see a 2 back set in certain situations.
You care that much about who's being paid what? You want tony to excel...then we have to pay HIM. Thenh you'll be mad at HIM...for not living up to the money.

This money thing haters are concerned about..is a poison...an infection. It changes how you ***** players and skews it. Pollard will miss the blocks that get your QB injured. We have seen it....just been lucky so far.

We do need both backs and should consider ourselves luck to have them. Instead we bicker....and about money? Dumb....with all due respect.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Please.

You could be right, but Pollard isn't getting the hard runs up the gut. The plays are drawn up to suit the individual player. You can dislike Elliott all you want, but he's the #1 RB, and it's not going to change anytime soon, nor should it.

terra

Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.
Clearly you failed football 101.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard is a space player. He either need a big hole or get the ball out space. He's not a good inside runner.
The plays tony runs are (correctly) designed to go AWAY from the defense. HE's really good at it. But you can't do that all game long. You AHVE to run up the middle. That is tough going. Gonna get beat up doing that but zeke has done very well running those hard plays that need ran...while still blocking for a bad o-line.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, pollard is nothing but a change of pace back back… and will never be anything more. Stunning that fans of this team still fall for the Hambrick effect!
Joe Randle. The list is endless...and these gusy CONTINUE to fall for it as self-proclaimed "experts>

I love me some Tony Pollard. Very fun and exciting. NOT a trenches player like zeke.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What Zeke does at this point is nothing special at all.

It’s more like it’s difficult to find a guy what Pollard does.

Also, Zeke is awful at starting drives. Pollard might actually get the offense going unlike Zeke.
Zeke had the offense going against Tampa..... your're nuts.

Then we benched because jerry ordered moore to stick to jerry's pre- arranged plan.

10 carries a game for zeke huh? That's how you use your power back? And you are the expert?

Loso86

Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.
What about week 1 when Zeke was better. Is it a back and forth thing ??! Lol LIG

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care who they call #1 or #2. Just know how to utilize them - if Zeke wants to be a bruiser back, then use him that way. Use him to punch it up the gut and bully some of the defenders and then have Pollard come in for the big gains and outside runs.

This is how most of the league are using RBs these days anyways. Nothing unique.
It's pretty simple...tried and true formula. Moore wants to re-invent it...in favor of NCAA Mountain West passing stats. Then everyone blames zeke. Weirdos.

JustChip

Reaction score
You care that much about who's being paid what? You want tony to excel...then we have to pay HIM. Thenh you'll be mad at HIM...for not living up to the money.

This money thing haters are concerned about..is a poison...an infection. It changes how you ***** players and skews it. Pollard will miss the blocks that get your QB injured. We have seen it....just been lucky so far.

We do need both backs and should consider ourselves luck to have them. Instead we bicker....and about money? Dumb....with all due respect.
I thing you’re misunderstanding what I said. What a player is being paid has zero bearing on what happens on the field. Both Zeke & Pollard are important contributors to any success this team has.

The only time what a player makes matters is if the cap hit prevents the team from signing a player that improves the team. Obviously, that’s not the case with Zeke and the Cowboys since they have excess cap room.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing Zeke does better than Pollard is pass block... That's about it... Average RB.
So....Mr. Expert...how many yards does Pollard getting running between the guards? It's better than Zeke? So prove it.

You can;t run in the flats all the time.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thing you’re misunderstanding what I said. What a player is being paid has zero bearing on what happens on the field. Both Zeke & Pollard are important contributors to any success this team has.

The only time what a player makes matters is if the cap hit prevents the team from signing a player that improves the team. Obviously, that’s not the case with Zeke and the Cowboys since they have excess cap room.
I must have...you made reference that money is the issue.

My apologies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The plays tony runs are (correctly) designed to go AWAY from the defense. HE's really good at it. But you can't do that all game long. You AHVE to run up the middle. That is tough going. Gonna get beat up doing that but zeke has done very well running those hard plays that need ran...while still blocking for a bad o-line.

I don't think it's fair to assume that Pollard wouldn't have enough success up the middle if he were the featured back. We don't really know. He's had some success on middle runs and some that failed completely. The problem is that as fans, we have absolutely no idea what having to pound the middle would do to him. It's my opinion, and strictly an opinion, that it would wear him down quickly and take away his greatest asset, his burst. I think there's a very good chance he would be sidelined with an injury if we called on him to run between the tackles too much. Of course, there have been some backs built more like him who have been productive No. 1 backs, so I could be wrong. I just think what we do with him and Elliott is really the best thing for Pollard. Let Elliott take the pounding and handle it mostly successfully, and let Pollard mostly play on the edges.

I liked the idea of using them in the game at the same time more because I felt that would keep defenses more off-balance, not knowing where we were going to punch them with the running game. But I'm not convinced at this point that Dallas knows how to use both of them in the game at the same time, so we just have to settle for a one-two punch at the moment. And I don't really care who throws the most punches as long as it's effective.