Pollard should be the 1

JustChip

Reaction score
I must have...you made reference that money is the issue.

My apologies.
No problem. I don’t care what a player makes, it’s not my money.

That said, by all accounts, the Cowboys will be up against the cap next year so what Zeke makes will be a consideration then. The question will then be, can they replicate what Zeke does for this team for less cost thereby enabling signing a player that helps this team?

glimmerman

Reaction score
So how much to keep him next year. Is he gonna want 10-15 a year. Nobody is gonna pay that anymore. It was a special time back then when teams paid RBs. Now look. McCaffery and them guys ain’t getting that money anymore and I think his agent will want more than SJ will offer. I actually think that we will restructure Elliot’s contract and take a lower price and stay there for another year or 2. He ain’t even warmed up yet. He is used to way more carries than he has had so far. 15 runs this week ain’t nothing…

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke had the offense going against Tampa..... your're nuts.

Then we benched because jerry ordered moore to stick to jerry's pre- arranged plan.

10 carries a game for zeke huh? That's how you use your power back? And you are the expert?

He had the offense going against Tampa? I didn’t notice it and it sure as heck didn’t show up on the scoreboard.

Pollard on the other hand…

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We need both. And an OC that will game plan the run more.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol. Elliott's longest run was 7 yards last week.

Did you forget Pollard's numbers were better for the entire 2021 season?! Why do you think Elliott will be gone next season? Because he's not worth $12.4 million per season guaranteed no matter how he plays. He would have been gone this season if not for a hard cap hit.
That’s irrelevant. Zeke looked solid in week one and Pollard looked solid in week 2…. I don’t pay his salary so I could care less.

lukin2006

Reaction score
So did y’all miss last week when Zeke outplayed Pollard? Is this what we are going to do? Go back and forth on who should start based on how they last played?
Did you miss this week when Pollard was better than Zeke and we won…Pollard gives us a better chance to win than slow Zeke..
And winning is all that matters at this level..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did you miss this week when Pollard was better than Zeke and we won…Pollard gives us a better chance to win than slow Zeke..
We have BOTH. I don't know what you guys want. So you guys eat Pollard to get 20 carries? What are you asking for here? We have two running backs. Most teams do. Its like you guys are more concerned with your fantasy team. Did y'all draft Pollard?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares. Zeke has a large sample size of not doing squat.

These runs between the tackles ain’t doing anything for the W column.
Says the likes of you? Wow...you gotta lotta balls dude. I'll give ya that.

"Sample size"...like NFL rushing titles?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard better than zeke how?

If you cared about winning you;d know zeke helps us do that. But you don;t care just a fan of a player and a hater of another player.

Just accept it..it's okay. That's how humans works.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That said, by all accounts, the Cowboys will be up against the cap next year so what Zeke makes will be a consideration then. The question will then be, can they replicate what Zeke does for this team for less cost thereby enabling signing a player that helps this team?
So you do care about money. It's okay...just admit it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had the offense going against Tampa? I didn’t notice it and it sure as heck didn’t show up on the scoreboard.

Pollard on the other hand…
Of course you didn;t notice. You are a hater and wouldn't.

You look at the scoreboard to see who contributes...then act like an expert. It's all clear now...thank you for exposing yourself.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.
1000%

Ekspozed

Reaction score
That myth has been busted several times.
No it hasn't. Pollard was getting dak killed last week on routine blocks zeke would make.

Pollard being able to handle the main load is the myth as he gets injured every year in his reduced role.

Keep things as is and ride someone if they get hot.

JustChip

Reaction score
So you do care about money. It's okay...just admit it.
Not in the sense that your thinking. Or at least, what I think you’re thinking. I don’t begrudge any player making what they can. But with a cap, as with any budget consideration, sports or otherwise, everything is a value decision. Can you get the same or better production for less? Doesn’t matter if the player is making $500k or $15M.

Cmac

Reaction score
We all miss Zeke. He was incredible. He is gone and has left a tub of garbage behind in it's place. Expensive garbage but garbage all the same.
......can we call the OL garbage and KMoore garbage too. KMoore sat TPollard after a great series resulting in the long catch/run to the one. Is everything Zeke's fault nowadays?
Still haven't forgotten Zeke getting ripped because TPollard fumbled (not a typo)....a few season ago. Unbelievable.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.
The PROBLEM IS Jerry didnt draft pollard, pollard was not a 1st round pick, and pollard doesnt make 15 mil a year (90 mil contract)
So jerry will never allow pollard to be the starter, or to be featured more than he was last year or so far this year.

There is no LOGIC being applied, except jerrys emotional logic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

lol.,.what does zeke do? Dowdle could replace it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No it hasn't. Pollard was getting dak killed last week on routine blocks zeke would make.

Pollard being able to handle the main load is the myth as he gets injured every year in his reduced role.

Keep things as is and ride someone if they get hot.
Pollard graded out better than zeke last week pass blocking genius.

you have no clue what you are watching. Learn football.