Pollard will be a game changer for this offense

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Elliot still hit homeruns as a runner then he would be sorely missed but now if Pollard had to play we would be fine and Pollard would do great because he is just more explosive than Zeke and regardless of what people on here say he can get some tough yards as well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I love having Pollard on the team and think he will be an important part of this team. All I ask of any player who is getting snaps is go out and help this team win. This is not a Zeke vs Pollard situation , they are members of the same team and their jobs are to make plays to help this team win.
well said. They are totally 2 different cats. Pollard fits into that Marshal Faulk mold...toss in a little bit of eric Metcalf. THAT IS BASICALLY Pollard and his skillset. The speed he has makes it even sweeter. Zeke isn't anything like that. He is a thumper with SOME speed, but more of a chain mover. He has an elite ability to make something out of nothing, much like Marcus Allen. That said, tho the 2 backs are very different, they provide a great balance from the rb POSITION that most teams would kill for. Thunder and lightning all the way. I think MM wants those 2 guys on the field at the same time.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Elliot still hit homeruns as a runner then he would be sorely missed but now if Pollard had to play we would be fine and Pollard would do great because he is just more explosive than Zeke and regardless of what people on here say he can get some tough yards as well.
well said and people must understand, these guys are very different backs. Its a good thing. We can provide the offense with flex.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
coming from an utter zeke hater, not surprised ...

:angry:

Very true.

But its also important for Jones to learn that he doesn't need to pay one back 15 million per year. If he sees that the job can be done without Zeke then hopefully he will make sure to trade him or move on as soon as its financially feasible in two years.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They’d never do 60/40 paying Zeke all that money.

Normally I would agree 100% but MM is a different cookie. I get the impression Zeke's contract means nothing to him vs his best chances of Ws. Notice his first few words to start camp........." everything is about winning". In other words, if Zeke is having an off game, I don't think he'd hesitate to give Pollard more snaps.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If by game changer you mean change of pace back; then yes.

but let’s not kid ourselves; the game changer running the ball is zeke.

He was a game changer but the last couple of years Amari Cooper has been our game changer and Zeke has just been a very good player but hasn't changed games.

2016 Zeke was something else.. Since then he looks bulkier and slower and we see less and less game changing plays.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He was a game changer but the last couple of years Amari Cooper has been our game changer and Zeke has just been a very good player but hasn't changed games.

2016 Zeke was something else.. Since then he looks bulkier and slower and we see less and less game changing plays.
this is 100% truth^ , Now if he can revert back to his rookie form, this backfield will be special. If not, the tandem will be very good, but not special.

Redline360

Reaction score
I’ll take Him over Elliot. He doesn’t take himself out of the game when we need him most. He doesn’t put the ball on the ground as often. And he knows how to get in the end zone. The only thing Elliot good for is banging out yards

So you wouldn't take one of the top running backs in the league that can do basically everything well over someone who has shown some flashes of greatness?

Pollard is going to be good but hasn't shown anything remotely close to zeke level. Time will tell when he gets the ball more.

blueblood70

Reaction score
sure here we go again, upside and hope collide..

right and Jarwins the next Jay Novacek, and MM will get us to 19-0 and a sb, and Dak wins the MVP and gets 40 per and no one will debate it and zeke will eat his way out of the NFL and Pollards the next Christian McCaffery and Zekes holding him back.. .:lmao::facepalm::popcorn:

then we woke up and stopped hyping backups and retreads until it actually happens..

offseason feels like longest in history of the nfl..:confused:

Rayman70

Reaction score
So you wouldn't take one of the top running backs in the league that can do basically everything well over someone who has shown some flashes of greatness?

Pollard is going to be good but hasn't shown anything remotely close to zeke level. Time will tell when he gets the ball more.
Pollard has shined every time he had a chance. Not close? WHAT? How would you or I even know what he can be if he doesnt get more reps in games? We will find out. The last coaching staff was loyal to a fault to vets and treated incoming rookies as fodder. Pollard only saw real time when games were basically near over, GARBAGE TIME. That isn't fair to him. If Zeke is slimmer, quicker, I will be encouraged. But if its same old Zeke, then I want Pollard to get more reps. I also do not see it as an either or. I see them on the field at the same time, not one guy replacing another.

blueblood70

Reaction score

lmao AC was game changer, which games the 8 he played well in or the 8 he was no where to be seen? sure is a lot of hype and game changer talk from an 8-8 season.. a lot of hate for player who has stayed steady and regarded highly by everyone but 10 of you here and fw media who only downgrade zeke to get responses for ratings.. AC was traded by his original team for the very thing that i just mentioned, i like Cooper but hes not a game changer on w2w basis..truly no-one was in 2019 so clean slate and lets move on..

games against Miami, NY, and Washington can not be used as a debate for dak or cooper..

they left the building down the stretch against the teams we actually needed wins against and left us in 2nd place and home for the playoffs in year we were supposed to contend and let a team decimated by injuries' win the division..

game changers lmao. Ill take zeke over Ac but in reality no one gets that moniker after last season..lets be real

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Last season he avg 6 touches a game, I do think his totals will increase both in terms of carries and receptions. Clearly Zeke in the cornerstone of the Cowboys running attack but I think Pollard will have a bigger role this coming season than he had in this rookie season.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
lol why? Tony has slippery moves, very quick sweet feet, great vision, burst, and decisiveness. His best trait he has is his versatility.
I just have my doubts. Nothing serious.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pollard has shined every time he had a chance. Not close? WHAT? How would you or I even know what he can be if he doesnt get more reps in games? We will find out. The last coaching staff was loyal to a fault to vets and treated incoming rookies as fodder. Pollard only saw real time when games were basically near over, GARBAGE TIME. That isn't fair to him. If Zeke is slimmer, quicker, I will be encouraged. But if its same old Zeke, then I want Pollard to get more reps. I also do not see it as an either or. I see them on the field at the same time, not one guy replacing another.
so which is it Zeke taps out too much which is FALSE Narrative as zeke leads the league in snaps played by a RB or Pollards doesnt get enough touches in real moments, so zeke taps out and Pollard comes in ion very important play and Fumbles but hes excused because zeke shouldnt have tapped out? Zeke had good reasons to remove himself here and there because the coaches dont have a plan for him, zekes has full control on when he comes out and plays more then any rb in the league in snaps played, blocking, running, and catching add in plays he runs patterns or is decoy, dude hardly leaves the field but hes fat and out of shape?lmao

Hypocrisy, i like pollard but if all he got was garbage time , did he shine? his best games were the same ones Zeke had his best games, thats says the OL or the bad defense ont he other side helped both, but in the games where zeke struggled Pollard struggled worse.. he never showed he could be better then zeke, not once..

I see him as a change of ace backup until i see more..and a nice 1-2 combo but zeke is clearly the better NFL BACK..PERIOD

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The combo of the two is perfect. Just needs to be more 60/40 Zeke instead of 90/10. And Pollard needs to lead the RB position in the passing game.

Zeke going down for 3 or 4 games I wouldn't mind at all. But the season or half the season probably wouldn't be the best situation.

Except for hoping zeke goes down ( KIDDING!)...I agree.

Like I have said other places...the breathers should be managed better. Zeke shouldn't have to call his own time out. I do say zeke has to be in better shape, but the coaches need to have better awareness and plans. I believe they will.

Pollard is gonna tear 'em up!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With JG finally gone maybe we will get to see how to use RB’s by feel, instead of, “it’s your series”. It’s been that way his entire tenure. Feed the hot hand.

I'm not sure we exactly agree...except that we both think MM will "manage" things much better.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so which is it Zeke taps out too much which is FALSE Narrative as zeke leads the league in snaps played by a RB or Pollards doesnt get enough touches in real moments, so zeke taps out and Pollard comes in ion very important play and Fumbles but hes excused because zeke shouldnt have tapped out? Zeke had good reasons to remove himself here and there because the coaches dont have a plan for him, zekes has full control on when he comes out and plays more then any rb in the league in snaps played, blocking, running, and catching add in plays he runs patterns or is decoy, dude hardly leaves the field but hes fat and out of shape?lmao

Hypocrisy, i like pollard but if all he got was garbage time , did he shine? his best games were the same ones Zeke had his best games, thats says the OL or the bad defense ont he other side helped both, but in the games where zeke struggled Pollard struggled worse.. he never showed he could be better then zeke, not once..

I see him as a change of ace backup until i see more..and a nice 1-2 combo but zeke is clearly the better NFL BACK..PERIOD

It's my opinion that MM should "manage"....these breathers with specifically designed plays. Not just "oh look, zeke's hand came up...hurry get in there!" Yes....sometimes a player needs to come out for one reason or another. But if you design it into the system...everyone is ready physically and mentally.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's my opinion that MM should "manage"....these breathers with specifically designed plays. Not just "oh look, zeke's hand came up...hurry get in there!" Yes....sometimes a player needs to come out for one reason or another. But if you design it into the system...everyone is ready physically and mentally.
zeke did that because he is a beast and stayed in more then any back in the league so if he fell hard, hit hard, or simply just needed one play to catch is breath , hes old fat and slow LMAO!!

and instead of ripping him, commend him, despite bad plans or no plans he hardly came out.. still Pollard fumbled and zeke got blamed,., CZ at its best..rip the player buttering the bread of this offense since 2016 and excuse the player you say is better..lol..

as DC Fan for life i hoe they both succeed and have their best years ever..they are at the very least an Ingram/Kamara type combo and should be used correctly..maybe MM will get it right