TRADED Porter traded to Cowboys (2027/6th round, 2028/2nd round)

Nothing changes with Downs

Porter jsut becomes CB1 and all the other corners move down a spot
At this point, I don't know. The way our secondary players are falling, I'm not sure who our top five are at the moment. I mean, we had Bell and Alijah Clark as our starting safeties in the nickel Sunday after Thompson went down and Bland and Carson as our top two corners after Revel was injured. That's about as bad as anything we put out there last year, other than having Downs at slot.
 
The guys who haven't been to an NFC Championship Game in 30 years. They've proven it. I like the move, but it doesn't change who this front office is or what it has done to our team.
So nothing they ever do will make you happy
 
Would have much rather offered similar compensation for Edge Alex Highsmith, who already has 3 sacks this year, and is very solid vs the run. He's also under contract through the 2027 season, and his cap hit is approximately $20M.
They haven't been able to generate a pass rush, which will continue to negatively impact the secondary regardless of who is back there.
 
Can I ask why Seattle did not feast on that bad oline?
Did you watch the game. They were pressuring the commander. Mariota was elusive and checking down/ getting rid of the ball.

Seattle beat themselves with turnovers, some illtime kickoff out bounds and critical penalties. They kept giving Washington starting great field position. Seattle dominated the game.their defensive success rate was in the 89th percentile. That’s really good, if you’re unaware.
 
Would have much rather offered similar compensation for Edge Alex Highsmith, who already has 3 sacks this year, and is very solid vs the run. He's also under contract through the 2027 season, and his cap hit is approximately $20M.
They haven't been able to generate a pass rush, which will continue to negatively impact the secondary regardless of who is back there.
We still could
 
Because they are stupid.
Their system seems to include getting rid of players at contract impasses. Maybe that's smart. I mean, they haven't made a Super Bowl since 2008, but going to two since the last time we went to one may be evidence they are at least smarter than our front office.
 
Did you watch the game. They were pressuring the commander. Mariota was elusive and checking down/ getting rid of the ball.

Seattle beat themselves with turnovers, some illtime kickoff out bounds and critical penalties. They kept giving Washington starting great field position. Seattle dominated the game.their defensive success rate was in the 89th percentile. That’s really good, if you’re unaware.
I did their defense was getting torched. I didn't see much pressure on Mariotta I might have to go rewatch it.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,012
Messages
14,656,946
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top