TRADED Porter traded to Cowboys (2027/6th round, 2028/2nd round)

We were going to draft a corner high anyway which is a mixed bag for us. I’m fine with getting proven players in their prime.

Love GP, but if we can trade him away for a high pick or two and go into the ‘27 draft with multiple first and second day picks I’m totally fine with that. Yes having two elite WR’s is great, but that’s never been a consistent SB formula.

I’ll take a top 10 defense with Dak,CD,Flo and take our chances drafting a WR (which we do well) or signing another good WR2.

Same here. I'd be thrilled with this. And I think Flournoy would be a good WR2
 
How much in net savings/cost? At some point he has to go. June 1st cut?

I would think that he and Steele are ripe for shipping out.
I think Steele is definitely a good trade candidate. I think Bland will need to step up. If Bland returns to his 2023 form, we should have two lockdown CBs. That's huge, especially with Downs too. Our DBs shouldn't be completely useless finally
 
I know this team still needs a pass rush, but corner is just as big an issue. Bland is no longer "that" guy. Revel is hurt and never may be more than an injury prone jag. Cobie Durant is a good player but not someone you want to rely on long term. Caelon Carson is taking up space at this point and who knows what they have in Devin Moore once he comes back.

Joey Porter is instantly the best CB on the team. Now you have to figure out how to keep him.
 
lol jerry is going all in here.
we have no pass rush. edge is way higher priority.
Which tells me we have no chance of Jerry folding his hand. He's all in with 2 pairs or trying to draw an inside straight.
 
We were going to draft a corner high anyway which is a mixed bag for us. I’m fine with getting proven players in their prime.

Love GP, but if we can trade him away for a high pick or two and go into the ‘27 draft with multiple first and second day picks I’m totally fine with that. Yes having two elite WR’s is great, but that’s never been a consistent SB formula.

I’ll take a top 10 defense with Dak,CD,Flo and take our chances drafting a WR (which we do well) or signing another good WR2.
What team in the NFL today would trade significant draft capital for a wide receiver asking for north of $35 million per season with no less than $100 million guaranteed?
 
You won't hear me complaining. I wanted to see something different and different has been trade mode for this team that won't use free agency. It started last year and we've kicked it up a notch since then.

It may absolutely crash to the ground, but I'd rather see the bus burn to the ground than keep spinning its wheels.
don't worry about it. He's just complaining.
 
What team in the NFL today would trade significant draft capital for a wide receiver asking for north of $35 million per season with no less than $100 million guaranteed?
The Rams do it all the time. And the Bills could use him as he would be a difference maker there. I'm sure there are others.
 
This thread appears to be a sponge for people who love to be miserable...

https://************/4JURFzSyjQ6cJ5MfA
 
If Porter is so good why would the Steelers trade him for the 64th overall pick in the 2028 draft and a conditional 6th?
It's a Steelers thing. They aren't going to pay him so they might as well get something for him.
 
Or work out a long-term or short-term deal. His salary for this year (minus signing bonus) is $4 million. He might be willing to take a two-year deal where we had a sizable signing bonus. Let's say we gave him a $10 million bonus, adding a $5 million cap hit, then throw in a non-guaranteed $20 million base for next year that allows us to move on with a $5 million hit if he doesn't work out. If he does work out, we have him under contract but can try to negotiate a long-term deal to bring down the base that we gave him.

Essentially, we'd be giving him $10 million to make sure we have him on the team next year if we want to have him on the team. But because of the way it is structured, he gets a nice incentive to sign this year and he's set to make top 10 corner money next year (without a new deal).
since top corners are getting $30M good luck with that.
 
So you don't have a solution you just want to complain?
Whether or not I have a solution in mind makes no difference as it solves nothing. This move is nothing but desperation because the team is desperate to avoid an even deeper hole than they have already dug themselves in this brand new season. If you believe that this was a well orchestrated plan or blind luck that leads to significant defensive improvement go for it.

One defensive back amid the legions of issues for the defense has hype sale written all over it. Whether or not he’s an upgrade over what is currently on the field should not be the only benchmark for a successful trade (total compensation vs total player value). They have many more significant needs and they cannot always be solved via trade, draft, or free agency. Sometimes the team must go in a completely new and different direction to accomplish total team goals. If the goal is to make it into the postseason, then I would say they have a good chance with or without JPJ because of reasons I already explained and the fact that close to half the league makes the playoffs.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,015
Messages
14,657,184
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top