Position by Position...Pet Cat Thread

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am not going to simply name 1st rounders in these picks. You do what you want to with your pet cats though.

:catty:

QB...I don't particularly want us to Draft a QB, but I am not opposed to signing one as a UDFA to groom. The kid I like is Matt Nichols of Eastern Washington. He put up some unreal numbers, albeit against lesser competition, but so did Tony Romo.

RB...If we were to trade Choice or Barber for a Draft pick and need a RB (I don't expect us to) the guy I like is Laggarette Blount of Oregon. He is a bulldozer. He screwed up in 2009 but is not a bad kid. No denying his power with the ball in his hands. Someone will steal him in this Draft.

TE...I gotta go pure homer and say Rob Gronkowski from Arizona. If you have never seen this guy play you simply do not understand. He plays TE the way Marion Barber plays RB, with all he has. Great hands and DBs bounce off him like flies being swatted. Incredibly strong. We have no need for a TE, but if Bennett got traded this kid would be my immediate choice. Pure football mind.

WR...I admit it, I like big WRs who are mismatches for short CBs. Guys who are strong and hard to bring down. Guys who move the chains. I prefer that to lightning quick guys. That's just me. I started talking about him after week 1. Danario Alexander of Missouri. I just flat out like this kid. His production in 2009 was other worldly. I'd love for the Cowboys to take a chance on him.

OT...I know there are some concerns about Jason Fox of Miami, but I cant help but think high reward outweighs high risk. I like the way Fox attacks rushers and the nasty streak he has. Mid round steal IMO.

OG...Mike Johnson of Alabama. I do like Iupati and think if he is there at 27 we should grab him on potential ceiling alone. But if we ended up with Johnson in round 2 instead I wouldn't be the least bit upset. I like maulers who pull well on sweeps. This kid does and leaves pancakes in his wake.

C...John Estes of Hawaii. I admit Olsen of Notre Dame is the better pro prospect right now, but I think Estes could end up being the better guy. He reminds me so much of Kevin Mawae the way he takes the game personal. 6th or 7th round steal.

DE...Jared Odrick of Penn State. I enjoyed watching him this weekend and already liked him. I think he is the best 3-4 DE in this Draft unless Suh is played there by someone. He has a great motor and brings good pressure every play and can shed blockers for the tackle. What's not to like?

NT...Suh. Completely unreasonable to think we could get him, but I have never been more impressed with a DT/NT in my life. The Rams are stupid if they pass on him to take a suspect QB.

OLB...Not a team need with Spencer arriving in time for the Cowboys to be serious contenders, but I can't help liking Jerry Hughes of TCU. I have to admit though, Graham from Michigan in the Senior Bowl was more than anyone could handle.

ILB...Rolando McClain. If he were to be there and we passed on him I believe I'd flood Tucson with my wailing. Quite simply my favorite ILB since I was a Patrick Willis shill a few years ago.

CB...Akwasi Owusu-Ansah of IUP. I admit I like him more for his Special Teams abilities than any other reason, but I like the kid. I wouldn't be too upset at Javier Arenas for the same reasons though he will go higher.

FS...Robert Johnson of Utah. I first paid attention to him during my Sean Smith love affair last year. His skills to the football are quite good and he is flying under the radar.

SS...Myron Rolle. Some don't like him. I can't help it that I do. Character matters and he is a physical specimen with high intelligence on top of that. I'd love to roll the dice on him.

KR/PR...Brandon Banks of Kansas State. Yes, he's a midget. Yes, he made a mistake and tested positive for weed. He also runs a sub 4.3 time in the 40 and is a Special Teams return ace. A late round flier on him for the sake of Return Yardage advantages would thrill me. Taking him as a UDFA would make me even happier.

Your turn, or you can simply comment on these selections or others. Just as long as you have fun.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very nice job Hos.

You've spent a good amount of time on this.

It shows. :)

ayjackson

Reaction score
Hostile;3263235 said:

QB...Dan Lefevour
RB...
TE...
WR...Erik Decker
OT...Pat Bulaga
OG...Jon Asamoah
C...
DE...Jared Odrick
NT...Dan Williams
OLB...Jason Pierre-Paul, Austen Lane
ILB...Micah Johnson
CB...
FS...
SS...
KR/PR...

Your turn, or you can simply comment on these selections or others. Just as long as you have fun.

some pet cats to date

reddyuta

Reaction score
i like Myron rolle too.he is highly intelliegent and that can be valuable in a safety.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Weatherspoon. Hope he doesn't land in the NFC East, unless we take him....

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
Hostile;3263235 said:
DE...Jared Odrick of Penn State. I enjoyed watching him this weekend and already liked him. I think he is the best 3-4 DE in this Draft unless Suh is played there by someone. He has a great motor and brings good pressure every play and can shed blockers for the tackle. What's not to like?

SS...Myron Rolle. Some don't like him. I can't help it that I do. Character matters and he is a physical specimen with high intelligence on top of that. I'd love to roll the dice on him.
Great list...

I'd love to see us pick up Odrick or Rolle.

The Banks kid is likely a good gamble too.

I must admit to not having seen some of the other guys that you mentioned, but just from your description Rob Gronkowski sounds awesome. I wonder if we can run some sort of 4 TE offense lol.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I want only high charactor guys from now on. Spare me your idiots and knotheads and trouble makers.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
QB: Dan LeFevour
RB: CJ Spiller
TE: Garrett Graham
WR: Riley Cooper
OT: Vladimir Ducasse
OG: Mike Johnson
C: JD Walton

DE: Ben Graham
DT: Terrence Cody
OLB: Cameron Sheffield
CB: Jerome Murphy
S: Chad Jones

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3263235 said:
KR/PR...Gordon Banks of Kansas State.
Wow you surprised me a little with that one. Obviously I've seen this kid play a lot. My favorite K-Stater since some CB named Newman came out. Someone might use a 7th on him. That wouldn't surprise me.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;3263235 said:

QB...I don't particularly want us to Draft a QB, but I am not opposed to signing one as a UDFA to groom. The kid I like is Matt Nichols of Eastern Washington. He put up some unreal numbers, albeit against lesser competition, but so did Tony Romo.

Yeah, kinda like you. Dont want us to do it, dont really see it happening. Maybe they get an UDFA for camp and practice squad.

RB...If we were to trade Choice or Barber for a Draft pick and need a RB (I don't expect us to) the guy I like is Laggarette Blount of Oregon. He is a bulldozer. He screwed up in 2009 but is not a bad kid. No denying his power with the ball in his hands. Someone will steal him in this Draft.

Ben Tate, Auburn.

TE...I gotta go pure homer and say Rob Gronkowski from Arizona. If you have never seen this guy play you simply do not understand. He plays TE the way Marion Barber plays RB, with all he has. Great hands and DBs bounce off him like flies being swatted. Incredibly strong. We have no need for a TE, but if Bennett got traded this kid would be my immediate choice. Pure football mind.

I think its likely we take another TE late this yr.

OG...Mike Johnson of Alabama. I do like Iupati and think if he is there at 27 we should grab him on potential ceiling alone. But if we ended up with Johnson in round 2 instead I wouldn't be the least bit upset. I like maulers who pull well on sweeps. This kid does and leaves pancakes in his wake.

Really like this kid. Probably doesnt have the upside Iupati has, but IMO is a safer pick and you kinda know what you are getting.

Yep, agree. Like this kid too. If we dont resign Spears (and I think we probably will) then this kid would be a nice 3-4 DE

NT...Suh. Completely unreasonable to think we could get him, but I have never been more impressed with a DT/NT in my life. The Rams are stupid if they pass on him to take a suspect QB.

He's good. Just dont see anyway we have any shot whatsoever.

ILB...Rolando McClain. If he were to be there and we passed on him I believe I'd flood Tucson with my wailing. Quite simply my favorite ILB since I was a Patrick Willis shill a few years ago.

Agree here, love this guy's game. He'd be an ideal 3-4 ILB for a decade. With Ware, Spencer, McClain and maybe Williams we'd be set with a potentially special group of LB's for a long time.

CB...Akwasi Owusu-Ansah of IUP. I admit I like him more for his Special Teams abilities than any other reason, but I like the kid. I wouldn't be too upset at Javier Arenas for the same reasons though he will go higher.

I think drafting another CB is a given.

FS...Robert Johnson of Utah. I first paid attention to him during my Sean Smith love affair last year. His skills to the football are quite good and he is flying under the radar

I think safety is a major need. Would love to see Earl Thomas fall in our lap, as he can probably swing between FS and CB and if he didnt start this yr, could at least play extensively in the nickel/dime and have a quality impact.

RS12

Reaction score
WR...I admit it, I like big WRs who are mismatches for short CBs. Guys who are strong and hard to bring down. Guys who move the chains. I prefer that to lightning quick guys. That's just me. I started talking about him after week 1. Danario Alexander of Missouri. I just flat out like this kid. His production in 2009 was other worldly. I'd love for the Cowboys to take a chance on him.

Two ACL surgeries on the same knee makes real leary about this guy. 4th round or below.

I picture this guy as a ten year starter in the league. Also multiple time Pro bowler.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
QB: Zac Robinson Oklahoma State- If we didn't have McGee, I would love Robinson to be our "QB of the Future"
RB: Toby Gerhart Stanford
FB: Tim Tebow Florida- The dangerous FB Pass would win many games for us.
WR: Dez Bryant Oklahoma State- Closest thing I've seen to Michael Irvin.
WR: Golden Tate Notre Dame
TE: Anthony McCoy USC
C: Jeff Byers USC
G: Mike Iupati Idaho - Liked him before the Senior Bowl practice lovefest.
G: Vladimir Ducasse UMass - My Senior Bowl practice crush.
T: Anthony Davis Rutgers
T: Jason Fox Miami

NT: Boo Robinson Wake Forest
DE: Jared Odrick Penn State - Really sold me with the toughness and tenacity he showed.
DE: Tyson Alualu Cal
ILB: Rolando McClain Alabama
ILB: Sean Weatherspoon Missouri
OLB: Jerry Hughes TCU
OLB: Eric Norwood South Carolina
CB: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah Indiana(PA)
CB: Kyle Wilson Boise State
FS: DREAM Eric Berry Tennessee A LITTLE MORE REALISTIC Earl Thomas Texas
SS: Talor Mays SHOCKER

BlueStarDude

Reaction score
QB - Levi Brown, Troy: looked decent enough the couple of times I watched Troy.

RB - Lonyae Miller, Fresno State: if we wanted to take a flyer on a RB later in the draft.

TE - Andrew Quarless, Penn State. Meh, much like QB and RB I don't really have a pet here.

WR - Marcus Easley, UConn. My biggest pet cat in this draft. A 6'2", 216 pound former walk on; reportedly ran a 4.39 at last year's pro day. His play reminded me a lot of Hakim Nicks in 2008, but he's taller and faster and can play special teams.

T - I've got nothing interesting here. I like Okung and Davis over Williams and Bulaga.

G - Marshall Newhouse, TCU. Loved watching him play, but seems like there's already a similar player on the roster in Brewster, so it seems doubtful he end up in Dallas next year.

C - Jeff Byers, USC. I think he's already 25, but wouldn't mind him as a late sixth or seventh round pick to challenge Proctor as backup G/C if we don't get Maurkice Pouncey earlier.

DE - Arthur Jones, Syracuse. Great player on an awful team, could be a steal in the mid rounds in which case I would be as happy as I was when we snagged Canty with a fourth. Also, after the senior bowl practices: Alex Carrington, Arkansas State.

NT - Terrence Cody, Alabama. Just because he has become so UNpopular lately, though I think we would do better to select someone like Lamarr Houston, Cam Thomas, or Linval Joseph in a later round.

OLB - Brandon Lang and Cameron Sheffield, Troy. Probably don't fit into our draft plans, but would like to see these guys do well--in a division other than the NFC East.

ILB - Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri. It has been so long I've forgotten what it would be like to have a LB who can cover. An instant upgrade over Carp, and maybe even over Brooking. I'm liking the idea of selecting him more and more.

CB - Devin McCourty, Rutgers. Special teams demon and much needed CB depth with Newman clearly on the downside of his career. I've never seen the Indiana PA kid play so I don't have an opinion on him.

SS - Myron Rolle, Florida State. For the obvious reasons.

FS - Chris Cook, Virginia: Because of what he showed Senior Bowl week.

KR/PR - Mardy Gilyard: One of the best returners in the nation last year and the potential to be a legit deep threat and our starting Z receiver a couple years down the road.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This very short clip is Gronkowski after a catch. Look how many guys it takes to stop him.

[youtube]ESOyKhh2s3E[/youtube]

Gronkowski for a score inside on Washngton.

[youtube]3o1UI9eHnGw[/youtube]

I admit it, I am posting this more so you can see Kara Bauman, a local college hottie.

[youtube]qNimlY1XpH8[/youtube]

Macnalty

Reaction score
Does anyone feel we have interest in any of the tackles from Iowa? I think it is Bulaga and Calloway, they seemed incredible during the season and have not heard much love around the zone on them, Chris still holding on to Taylor, time to let him go.
I sure agree with you on the Stanford kid, wish we could stash him somewhere, feel he is similar to what James Casey was last year.
Hostile like your thinking you seem to be mellowing as no real out of control warriors who can be rehabilitated. These have been good reads, thanks.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3263235 said:
I am not going to simply name 1st rounders in these picks. You do what you want to with your pet cats though.

Matt Nichols, Eastern Washington, 6-2 220
2007 and 2009 Big Sky Conference Offensive Player of the Year. .AFCA FCS ALL-AMERICA TEAM. Passed for 3,830 yards and 33 touchdowns in leading Eastern to an 8-4 record in 2009, giving him a total of 12,616 yards and 96 touchdowns in his career. His career yardage total ranks sixth in FCS history and his touchdown total is 10th. Real leader and field general. Very talented QB with all te tools expect the 6-3 stature teams look for, but he is for real!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Macnalty;3263666 said:
Does anyone feel we have interest in any of the tackles from Iowa? I think it is Bulaga and Calloway, they seemed incredible during the season and have not heard much love around the zone on them, Chris still holding on to Taylor, time to let him go.
I sure agree with you on the Stanford kid, wish we could stash him somewhere, feel he is similar to what James Casey was last year.
Hostile like your thinking you seem to be mellowing as no real out of control warriors who can be rehabilitated. These have been good reads, thanks.

Bulaga looks like a player

seems he had a great Bowl game, although I didn't get to watch it

Calloway, meh

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
QB - Colt McCoy, Matt Nichols

RB - Toby Gerhart

FB - Chris Gronkowski

WR - Jordan Shipley, Mardy Gilyard

TE - Dennis Pitta

OT - Jared Veldheer