Possible 10-15 years of .500 football when Dak's gone

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I rather be a consistent sub .500 team (which would net me a high pick) than a 12-5 team that gets embarrassed in the first round every year.

Look at the top of this draft class. Imagine being able to draft Jayden Daniels (an actual QB) instead of being stuck w the decision of paying this faux franchise QB $60m

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This fan base has been bashing our QBs ever since Aikman’s last couple of seasons. Good luck finding a QB that’s going to be able to overcome some of the glaring problems we see every season, especially in the playoffs. If anyone thinks this 28 year championship drought is all because of our QBs, you’re completely out of touch with reality and are not a very astute football fan.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
QB’s don’t grow on trees. No matter what you think of Dak, he‘s not the reason for not having much playoff success. He was 2nd in NFL MVP race for a reason. He’s that good. Once he’s gone, it could possibly be years before they break .500. This is no Chicago Bears defense in the making not with massive holes at DT and LB. Mahomes and Brady are generational type players. Picking a QB in the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot AT BEST. So many 1st round busts at that position. Casual fans don’t understand that and want Dak gone NOW. But ask them who’s going to be the QB? They think anyone they draft will be the answer right away. Not likely to happen.

I hope Dak gets extended because I know he gives the team the best chance of winning the Super Bowl. I just hope it’s a team friendly extension. Fix the running game and get a defense that can stop the run and he can easily lead this team to the Super Bowl.
Definition if insanity, 8 years now of doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.......

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Yeah, you’re one of those guys who just want Dak gone. You could care less about winning. There’s a few of your types here who are praying for a 0-17 season.
Chances of getting a franchise quarterback increases by going 0-17, how many QB's has Dallas selected in the first round since Troy Aikman, you know the QB that has actually led this team to an Superbowl......the answer is ZERO, so bring on the 0-17, I'm tired of the 29 years of medicority!!

pitt33

Reaction score
This team isn’t winning a championship with Prescott.

Neither is Lamar. And he plays with a great defense on the other side.

Those two have playoff yips. It’s embedded.

Move on.

Who gives a crap about regular season trophies to only choke in the end.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Give this team a top 3 draft pick and I bet you they nail the qb draft pick.
Most years yes. In scouting and in the draft, there is a saying that most Hooters waitresses can nail the top of the draft.

The year you need a QB has a lot to do with your potential success of finding one.

Next year, you’re probably looking at Shadeur Sanders, Carson Beck, Quinn Ewers, Drew Allar, and maybe DJ Uiagalelei if he can return to form at Florida State.

So, no sure things there.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
We Cowboy fans need to brace ourselves. Likely going to be a long rough ride as long as Jones and Son are in charge. They seem to me to have become very timid the past few seasons. They fear making moves in FA or in trades. They fear losing their "own" and sign many of them to contracts that greatly favor the players. They talk tough with things like "going to changes coaches if we don't do good in the playoffs" and the "ALL IN" stuff. But it is just hot air talk to get attention. Hard to be successful at any business endeavor when you have timid management. So, indeed, let us brace ourselves. The term "long suffering Cowboy fans" is likely going to fit us for some time to come.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
QB’s don’t grow on trees. No matter what you think of Dak, he‘s not the reason for not having much playoff success. He was 2nd in NFL MVP race for a reason. He’s that good. Once he’s gone, it could possibly be years before they break .500. This is no Chicago Bears defense in the making not with massive holes at DT and LB. Mahomes and Brady are generational type players. Picking a QB in the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot AT BEST. So many 1st round busts at that position. Casual fans don’t understand that and want Dak gone NOW. But ask them who’s going to be the QB? They think anyone they draft will be the answer right away. Not likely to happen.

I hope Dak gets extended because I know he gives the team the best chance of winning the Super Bowl. I just hope it’s a team friendly extension. Fix the running game and get a defense that can stop the run and he can easily lead this team to the Super Bowl.
Most people who want to move on from Dak don't really care who it is replacing him. Dak is eating up a large portion of the salary cap and coming up lame in big games. We aren't winning the Super Bowl with him so why keep him around? Sometimes the unknown is better than the known.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I rather be a consistent sub .500 team (which would net me a high pick) than a 12-5 team that gets embarrassed in the first round every year.

Look at the top of this draft class. Imagine being able to draft Jayden Daniels (an actual QB) instead of being stuck w the decision of paying this faux franchise QB $60m
Drafting QB’s is a crap shoot. When are you going to understand that?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

So says the person who is clearly satisfied with nothing more than regular season success.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

It’s over, Rocky.

Enjoy your last year of Dakky Poo.