Possible 10-15 years of .500 football when Dak's gone

Sheepherder

Reaction score
The problem is that the same faulty architects are responsible for building the roster.

As much as the overall roster talent has approved, especially since McClay had more say, the Jones have been awful at finding QBs. The three good ones they have had were all luck.

Aikman - purchased the team with the #1 overall pick and Aikman was the obvious #1 overall choice.

Romo - UDFA who would have been cut in 2004 had Quincy Carter not been released for a failed drug test.

Prescott (which half of you hate anyway) - Was a 4th round pick. The Cowboys tried and failed to get Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook in this draft. Prescott only got to play after injuries to Romo and Kellen Moore, as well as Nick Foles choosing to be a back-up in Kansas City over taking the starting job in Dallas.

So, the guys picking the next QB are the same guys who CHOSE the likes of Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, and tried (and failed) to spend draft capital on Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook.
Pm
I rather be a consistent sub .500 team (which would net me a high pick) than a 12-5 team that gets embarrassed in the first round every year.

Look at the top of this draft class. Imagine being able to draft Jayden Daniels (an actual QB) instead of being stuck w the decision of paying this faux franchise QB $60m
The problem starts at the top. Just look at their draft picks from last year. 1st pick, a defensive tackle that looked horrible. The second pick was insane. A tight end when they had a good one to begin with. They would have been better off getting a linebacker, a tackle or a running back. I just knew Pollard wasn't gonna hold up because he was injured the year before. Plus he's not built to carry the ball 15 or 20 times a game.

tm1119

Reaction score
The problem is that the same faulty architects are responsible for building the roster.

As much as the overall roster talent has approved, especially since McClay had more say, the Jones have been awful at finding QBs. The three good ones they have had were all luck.

Aikman - purchased the team with the #1 overall pick and Aikman was the obvious #1 overall choice.

Romo - UDFA who would have been cut in 2004 had Quincy Carter not been released for a failed drug test.

Prescott (which half of you hate anyway) - Was a 4th round pick. The Cowboys tried and failed to get Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook in this draft. Prescott only got to play after injuries to Romo and Kellen Moore, as well as Nick Foles choosing to be a back-up in Kansas City over taking the starting job in Dallas.

So, the guys picking the next QB are the same guys who CHOSE the likes of Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, and tried (and failed) to spend draft capital on Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook.
Yup, this. It’s pretty much a cardinal sin for any sports franchise to let a GM rebuild twice. And here we are with fans excited about the like 5th iteration of a Jones rebuild. Obviously THIS is the time they will get it right .
Not to mention that it was Parcells that pulled this franchise from the gutter the 1st time after Jimmy. Even tho he didn’t have real playoff success, a lot of his decisions on “buying the groceries” lead to the team’s later (relative) success. Good luck finding another HOF mind to come here.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that. I can tell it makes you feel better about yourself.
I don't feel anything. I no longer care what this organization does or doesn't do. Jerry and Stephen have made it quite clear where their priorities lie, so why should I or any other fan invest any energy into a franchise that isn't interested in building a roster capable of competing for championships?

tm1119

Reaction score
Definition if insanity, 8 years now of doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.......
Does that only apply to the QB? Does it also not apply to team building and refusing to improve the team through any resource other than the draft?

Just curious…

GoldenR

Reaction score
Dak is 22-26 against teams that finished the season with a winning record, 2-5 in the playoffs with one being the Bucs who were 8-9, and just watch the last playoff game when that clown threw for 0 yards in the 1st QTR and two pick sixesss before half to take the wind out of his team and Lamb even shaking his head at that circus performance!! Oh yeah, even players mothers are tired of it.

irishline

Reaction score
Drafting QB’s is a crap shoot. When are you going to understand that?
About the same amount of time until you understand we will not have 10-15 consecutive years of sub .500 football if we move on from him.

At our worst, after Aikman, we had 3 consecutive years below .500 (and 4 years total in our worst decade). Now all of a sudden Dak is the only reason we don't go 90-165 over the next decade and a half?

Come on man, do better. Even for you this is the definition of a gloom and doom take and post. If I ever hear you call someone a hater again after this give up post, it will be too soon.

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
QB’s don’t grow on trees. No matter what you think of Dak, he‘s not the reason for not having much playoff success. He was 2nd in NFL MVP race for a reason. He’s that good. Once he’s gone, it could possibly be years before they break .500. This is no Chicago Bears defense in the making not with massive holes at DT and LB. Mahomes and Brady are generational type players. Picking a QB in the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot AT BEST. So many 1st round busts at that position. Casual fans don’t understand that and want Dak gone NOW. But ask them who’s going to be the QB? They think anyone they draft will be the answer right away. Not likely to happen.

I hope Dak gets extended because I know he gives the team the best chance of winning the Super Bowl. I just hope it’s a team friendly extension. Fix the running game and get a defense that can stop the run and he can easily lead this team to the Super Bowl.
Stop saying Super Bowl. If you don't believe in Jerry n Stephen how can those words come out your mouth, and it's even worse you think Dak is some kind of savior. Dallas isn't winning the big game with Dak, so why hold on to him?

Dak's been around for 8 years and the Cowboys haven't even sniffed an NFCCC, so we're already living your 10 yr prediction w/ Dak...who cares if it's. 500 the results are the same.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't feel anything. I no longer care what this organization does or doesn't do. Jerry and Stephen have made it quite clear where their priorities lie, so why should I or any other fan invest any energy into a franchise that isn't interested in building a roster capable of competing for championships?
Then why are you here?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Stop saying Super Bowl. If you don't believe in Jerry n Stephen how can those words come out your mouth, and it's even worse you think Dak is some kind of savior. Dallas isn't winning the big game with Dak, so why hold on to him?

Dak's been around for 8 years and the Cowboys haven't even sniffed an NFCCC, so we're already living your 10 yr prediction w/ Dak...who cares if it's. 500 the results are the same.
You’re entitled to your opinion.

leeblair

Reaction score
QB’s don’t grow on trees. No matter what you think of Dak, he‘s not the reason for not having much playoff success. He was 2nd in NFL MVP race for a reason. He’s that good. Once he’s gone, it could possibly be years before they break .500. This is no Chicago Bears defense in the making not with massive holes at DT and LB. Mahomes and Brady are generational type players. Picking a QB in the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot AT BEST. So many 1st round busts at that position. Casual fans don’t understand that and want Dak gone NOW. But ask them who’s going to be the QB? They think anyone they draft will be the answer right away. Not likely to happen.

I hope Dak gets extended because I know he gives the team the best chance of winning the Super Bowl. I just hope it’s a team friendly extension. Fix the running game and get a defense that can stop the run and he can easily lead this team to the Super Bowl.
You're trippin. And, you're desperate.
With a championship organization, it's a matter of rebuilding with a real quarterback.
If they extend Dak, it's 5-10 more years of failure.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're trippin. And, you're desperate.
With a championship organization, it's a matter of rebuilding with a real quarterback.
If they extend Dak, it's 5-10 more years of failure.
You don’t get it, bro.

Dak is comfortable. 15 years of Dak and Romo have made fans comfortable in mediocrity.

Dak fans are terrified of the unknown.

Because what if we fail? Isn’t it safer to just stay here on the shore and never venture out? We have a soft little spot here. They don’t know what’s out there and it scares them.

rambo2

Reaction score

The whole league picks qbs that flame out. Some teams have been doing it for over 50 years. A good chance that the top 3 teams in the draft do it again this year.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score

Losers mentality. Good with what we are comfortable with and not willing to be risky. Gotcha.

We know what we have with Dak. Why not attempt to be better?

I know this, the cowboys have been ran the same way you are supportive of, since 1995.

Let's keep doing it your way!

Sydla

Reaction score

They are awful at finding coaches too. If McCarthy is the best HC they've hired since Jimmy, whew boy..............

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Let’s tap the breaks and see what happens this year in Houston.
Exactly.......and I love the kid but coordinators have a way of breaking rookies down with an offseason and a full year of tape.