Possible QC news

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
These are postings from another Cowboys board--a fairly reliable one (NOT the FWST board!)--altho I can't attest to their accuracy. But, it's the slow season, so I thought I'd put them up.

"updating a previous report a month and a half ago, A source close to Carter just told me that Quincy Carter will be leaving his intreatment rehab after a 6 week stay. Also says that Carter doesnt feel he's bi polar, that hes just been really stressed about his mother, who is still ill and his current status in the nfl ,.....which is zero.

Carter has been in contact with the Bucs, Browns and Lions. Right now the Browns have expressed the most interest.

Also been in touch with various canadian football teams.

Carter also just sold his condo in plano texas to Andre Gurode."

"Antonio bryant has been in contact with Carter and is doing his best to get him a job with the browns. Bryant is qouted saying to Carter '' Me and you need to show how big of a mistake the cowboys made'' haha. Ive also been told that bryant is constantly in Romeo Crennel's ear about Carter.

Carter has been in contact with the browns and thinks he will meet with them at there head quarters before training camp."

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Antonio Bryant isn't exactly a guy that Quincy Carter needs to hang around.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
These are postings from another Cowboys board--a fairly reliable one (NOT the FWST board!)--altho I can't attest to their accuracy. But, it's the slow season, so I thought I'd put them up.

"updating a previous report a month and a half ago, A source close to Carter just told me that Quincy Carter will be leaving his intreatment rehab after a 6 week stay. Also says that Carter doesnt feel he's bi polar, that hes just been really stressed about his mother, who is still ill and his current status in the nfl ,.....which is zero.

Carter has been in contact with the Bucs, Browns and Lions. Right now the Browns have expressed the most interest.

"Antonio bryant has been in contact with Carter and is doing his best to get him a job with the browns. Bryant is qouted saying to Carter '' Me and you need to show how big of a mistake the cowboys made'' haha. Ive also been told that bryant is constantly in Romeo Crennel's ear about Carter.

Carter has been in contact with the browns and thinks he will meet with them at there head quarters before training camp."

Interesting, KM. Since there are still 43 days til camp goes in..why not? :)

I hope Q's mom recovers completely..for his sake as much as hers. Doesn't sound like he's currently in a strong enough place emotionally to take such a loss.

On the Cleveland thing. Amusing. AB can get in Romeo's ear as much as he wants..Savage is making the personnel decision with the Browns.

Sure, if RC wanted Q, I think he could have him.

But ya know, there's another ex Tuna-ite in Cleveland in addition to Romeo, who is also very capable of getting in Crennels' ear and revealing some "facts"..facts about both QC and AB.

And that would be Mo Carthon, AB's "new" OC. :D

If I were Mr Bryant, I'd be shuttin my mouth and doin what I was told. Mo Cathon is Bill's so-called 'son'..he ain't forgetting that sweaty jersey, or the fact AB was a disruption here, so much so that a reported maintained other players "just rolled their eyes" whenever he spoke.

AB better watch himself.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Does anyone in the Dallas fanbase really care about either of these fools and what they say or do anymore?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Does anyone in the Dallas fanbase really care about either of these fools and what they say or do anymore?
I do, especially in these dog days of the offseason when topics of conversation have declined to Bill Freaking Belichick. :p:

AB is always good for a few laughs, and Carter I'd like to see straighten himself out.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kittymama said:

Andre must be pretty convinced he's making the team.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
I do, especially in these dog days of the offseason when topics of conversation have declined to Bill Freaking Belichick. :p:

AB is always good for a few laughs, and Carter I'd like to see straighten himself out.
Agreed Latuna. Tho QC should know that he's not going to get much interest while he's in rehab.

Anyway, just to add a little more legitimacy to any possible Browns interest. I've read that they like Dilfer and their QB pick Frye, but they don't trust Frye to be the #2 backup just yet. So they are looking for a #2 right now.

Good luck to QC and AB. If they can get their heads on str8, hopefully they can have a decent football career. I'm not convinced of either right now.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

I'd like to see them do well. I think Carter can be an NFL QB if can get the proper help he needs. I suspect he'll be a strong #2 QB but there's room for that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Believe it or not, they do.

Why I do not know.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I care about them the way I would about any former Dallas player (some more than others). I actually feel sorry for QC & hope he does manage to get his personal life in order. Football is fleeting; I truly hope for his sake that he manages to conquer his demons & have a productive life. AB--he's his own worst enemy. Like "The Chosen One" on that team, they both have to learn to tone down their stupidity & make productive use of their undeniable talent.

LaTuna--I kinda agree about AB having Crennel's ear. He may be blabbing away, but I have a feeling RC talks to Mo (& maybe even Big Bill) more than he does some undisciplined punk.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
LaTuna--I kinda agree about AB having Crennel's ear. He may be blabbing away, but I have a feeling RC talks to Mo (& maybe even Big Bill) more than he does some undisciplined punk.

KM, I got a big laugh when Mo went to Cleveland. The very first thing I thought of was AB, and how Mo is onto his act. What do you think AB's face looked like when he found out his new OC, the guy responsible for putting him on the field or not putting him on the field, would be the staunchest of the Tuna Helpers, the "meanest" of the Tuna Tree?

The "drill sergeant" Carthon? The Tuna Loyalist par excellence?

This is gonna be one of the more amusing NFL side stories this year. I will be watching! :)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

I know I dont

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
I care about them the way I would about any former Dallas player (some more than others). I actually feel sorry for QC & hope he does manage to get his personal life in order. Football is fleeting; .

no offense, but this kind of stuff is just ridiculous...how the hell can anyone in their right mind feel sorry for a guy who's a player (and the starting QB) for the highest profile franchise in sports...makes 100's of thousands of dollars (and potentially millions) to play a kids game once a week for 3 or 4 months while the rest of the real world is out there knocking themselves out for 60k or so (or whatever)...nobody should feel sorry for this clown or anyone like him thats done similar things...it's just plain stupid, and he did it to HIMSELF...this "poor Quincy, the world caved in on him" crap is pathetic

David

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Kittymama said:

Good to see Quincy Carter still has some supporters left. Im glad Antonio Bryant has a chip on his shoulder about being traded to the Browns, but he has to use that in a positive manner and start producing on the field.

I wouldnt touch Quincy Carter unless I had a very well respected Veteran Quarterback that could help him out and offer a support system for him.

The guy has help lead a team to the playoffs and he did fairly well when he got playing time in New York.

Im pulling for this guy, but I think he has too many personal demons to overcome.

But big props to Antonio Bryant for trying to put in a good word for him. He probably knows getting Carter back into football would go a long way in helping him battle his mental demons.

- Mike G.

Mash

Reaction score
I hope both of them succeed.....except against Dallas.

Carter would be a good fit in the CFL....and it could be a stepping stone back into the NFL.

I like both those players when they were here......things just didn't work out....I still think both have enough talent to play in this league.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
no offense, but this kind of stuff is just ridiculous...how the hell can anyone in their right mind feel sorry for a guy who's a player (and the starting QB) for the highest profile franchise in sports...makes 100's of thousands of dollars (and potentially millions) to play a kids game once a week for 3 or 4 months while the rest of the real world is out there knocking themselves out for 60k or so (or whatever)...nobody should feel sorry for this clown or anyone like him thats done similar things...it's just plain stupid, and he did it to HIMSELF...this "poor Quincy, the world caved in on him" crap is pathetic

David
Philosophically speaking, sympathy and empathy are the two capabilites that distinguish humans from animals.

Theologically speaking, compassion for those less fortunate, be it thru external or internal weaknesses, is the essence of morality.

Societally speaking, we have come a long way from the time when addiction was viewed as evil. We know it is a sickness.

Hey, on one level I can look at a Quincy Carter and say "you freaking dumbarse, you had it all and threw it all away. I can only wish I had been borne with your talent and good luck."

But on a deeper level, anyone whose inherent flaw causes his own downfall is to be pitied, not censured. The ancient Greeks made a big deal out of the 'nobility' of the fatal, internal flaw, and deemed it "humanity". Aristotle was big on this and if you don't believe me, ask TH..he reads Euripides.

One doesn't have to go that far, but I think the old proverb, "there but for fortune' says it best. And even better the native American "until you've walked
in a man's shoes..."

Most folks realize if they don't have this particular monkey on their back, they are blessed. It isn't a question of absolving the man of his personal responsibility for his actions; it's an understanding that the good Lord chose not to present us with this particular struggle.

Sorry David, but I for one will continue to feel sorrow for the Quincy Carters of this world.

With no apologies.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
But on a deeper level, anyone whose inherent flaw causes his own downfall is to be pitied, not censured. The ancient Greeks made a big deal out of the 'nobility' of the fatal, internal flaw, and deemed it "humanity". Aristotle was big on this and if you don't believe me, ask TH..he reads Euripides.

So, do you hold the same amount of empathy for others who inherent flaw caused their downfall, like say Dwayne Goodrich?

yesfan

Reaction score
Those two knuckleheads had a great oppertunity in Dallas
and blew it.I can't feel sorry for them,because they're living
in a world that's just surreal to most people,and they're just
squandering what chances they are given.I will always root
for the Cowboys,and when players move on,i wish them well,
and some i'll still follow their careers.But, detractors,cancers,
and just plain idiots,i just can't feel sorry for.

kartr

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Good to see Quincy Carter still has some supporters left. Im glad Antonio Bryant has a chip on his shoulder about being traded to the Browns, but he has to use that in a positive manner and start producing on the field.

I wouldnt touch Quincy Carter unless I had a very well respected Veteran Quarterback that could help him out and offer a support system for him.

The guy has help lead a team to the playoffs and he did fairly well when he got playing time in New York.

Im pulling for this guy, but I think he has too many personal demons to overcome.

But big props to Antonio Bryant for trying to put in a good word for him. He probably knows getting Carter back into football would go a long way in helping him battle his mental demons.

- Mike G.

I agree whole-heartedly. It's good to see that not everyone here is like Dbair.
I wish the best for every former Cowboy player. I think Antonio is very immature, but has some real talent and could be a very good player in time. I understand the reticence concerning QC, but he is a good person and a talented young QB who just needs a situation in which he has the full support
of his management instead of the luke-warm support he got here. I actually think it's a positive that he was in drug rehab because it shows that he is trying to overcome his problem instead of denying that it exists. I also believe that Carthon knows that Carter can actually play in this league and knows how to use him. Plus Crennel has reviewed last years Cleveland vs Jets game and knows that Carter beat his team despite a fine defensive performance and Crennel has game planned for Carter in the 2003 Dallas vs Pats game and knows that QC put up respectable numbers against their super bowl caliber defense with inexperienced receivers and THAM.