Possible QC news

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I dont know if I Gurode should be buying any houses in Texas,unless he plans on vacationing there :eek:

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Good to see Quincy Carter still has some supporters left. Im glad Antonio Bryant has a chip on his shoulder about being traded to the Browns, but he has to use that in a positive manner and start producing on the field.

I wouldnt touch Quincy Carter unless I had a very well respected Veteran Quarterback that could help him out and offer a support system for him.

The guy has help lead a team to the playoffs and he did fairly well when he got playing time in New York.

Im pulling for this guy, but I think he has too many personal demons to overcome.

But big props to Antonio Bryant for trying to put in a good word for him. He probably knows getting Carter back into football would go a long way in helping him battle his mental demons.

- Mike G.

...if Carter can put to rest some of the problems that cause his inconsistency there is no reason he can't have a decent NFL career. A portion of that may occur on the bench, but at the wages they are paying nowadays that's nothing to cry about.

Hopefully some maturity will aid in his cause. I know it will for AB.

gbrittain

Reaction score
kartr said:
What do I do for a living, I'm a computer analyst, which means, I get paid to think for living, I analyze data, situations,etc., I give out assignments to Jr. analysts, I solve problems for my company, I design and implement legislative mandates at both the state and federal level.

We surrendered a 3rd round pick in 2004, when we could have drafted him with a 6th in 2003 just like Houston did. Houston could have kept him and tried to developed him and eventually traded him for a 1st maybe, but they knew better, so that traded him to a sucker.

Why does Carter need excuses for outplaying playoff quarter backs like Kerry Collins and Jeff Garcia as rookie? How bad could Carter's mechanics be if he outplayed these guys. Wade Wilson was brand new at being a qb coach. An experienced one would have would figured out Carter's grip problem in training camp, just like the Texans figured out in training camp that 1st round qb David Carr needed some adjusting to his throwing motion.

Ok...What about Chris Weinke's rookie year when outperformed Daunte Culpepper (89.8 QB rating vs 57.9)

What about Chad Hutchinson outperforming Mark Brunell his rookie year (102.8 rating vs 66.9)

Give a rookie enough starts in a year and they will probably pull a few gems out of their pockets.

What does it mean? Not a darn thing.

blindzebra

Reaction score
kartr said:
What do I do for a living, I'm a computer analyst, which means, I get paid to think for living, I analyze data, situations,etc., I give out assignments to Jr. analysts, I solve problems for my company, I design and implement legislative mandates at both the state and federal level.

We surrendered a 3rd round pick in 2004, when we could have drafted him with a 6th in 2003 just like Houston did. Houston could have kept him and tried to developed him and eventually traded him for a 1st maybe, but they knew better, so that traded him to a sucker.

Why does Carter need excuses for outplaying playoff quarter backs like Kerry Collins and Jeff Garcia as rookie? How bad could Carter's mechanics be if he outplayed these guys. Wade Wilson was brand new at being a qb coach. An experienced one would have would figured out Carter's grip problem in training camp, just like the Texans figured out in training camp that 1st round qb David Carr needed some adjusting to his throwing motion.

Here's some data for you, try to analyse it, if you can.:rolleyes:

Henson was a NY Yankee and said he was going to stick to baseball, Houston took a shot that he might change his mind after talking with Henson's father.

Dallas at this time had Carter and Hutchinson already in that developmental stage so it was not a pressing need to draft a player who, at the time, was not planning on returning to football.

When Henson did return, Houston was not begging ANYBODY to take him off their hands. Henson had control of the situation because he could not sign and re-enter the draft. It has been reported that Buffalo offered more than a 3rd, but Henson nixed the deal.

Dallas had Henson slotted to go late first to early second round had he re-entered the draft.

Those are facts, ACTUAL FACTS, and not made up BS like you keep sprewing, so break it down and attempt to think for free.:D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Even more truth to the fact that guys who didn't want him as our starting QB can't even wish the guy a decent life. They are so wrapped up in their vitriole for Carter that every Carter post they make is negative on top of negative. Nothing nice if ever said unless it a pat on the back to another Carter basher or complete sarcasm.

This entire thread hit the skids when Qwickdraw simply asked "who cared". Some others (myself included) agreed.

Then the propfest began. The door swings both ways. Leave this thread alone and Carter backers would be rejoicing like MJ fans outside Neverland because he might be getting a job again.

Carter has been diagnosed by professionals as having bi-polar issues.

Source?

The guy has problems period. He spoke openly of hoping he could get back on this team right up until he signed with the Jets. He didn't take any huge verbal shots at the team even tho many other players would have. He is a drug addict and mentally unstavle guy who can not be counted on in the NFL but he isn't a Terrell Owens type scumbag who deserves all of this hate.

For heaven's sake, please get over the term "hate"!

It is more like a joke. People can make fun of Troy Hambrick, Dave Campo and Chad Hutchinson until they are blue in the face.

But make a sarcastic comment about Quincy Carter? Heavens no. He is untouchable.

He was at best an average starting QB. No crime there. So was Hogeboom and alot of other guys we have started over the years. I dotn want him back but watching supposedly mature folks bash someone with an illness for no real reason is just sad.

I could start a Hogeboom or Pelluer thread. And it would not cause this kind of division.

If someone makes a Shante Carver thread I am not going to read it. Its that simple. I view the guy as a waste of a pick much less God-given talent. I ahve no need to write line after line ripping him. I may not wish him luck but I certainly wish nothing bad upon him at all. Not sure why those who supposedly care less about Carter can't take this tact. Guess they care more than they are willing to admit huh?

I will admit. I care. I care enough not to want his name mentioned on a Cowboy message board again. Just like I don't care to hear about other failures we have had over the years.

I have a suggestion. If someone wants to post Carter material, I propose it gets posted in the "History Zone"?

He is part of this team's history and needs to be left alone.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
kartr said:

The hits---you keep on cranking them out.

Carter, Carr - needed coaching, not busts
Henson - needed coaching after substancial layoff, bust.

I am not firmly convinced that Henson IS the answer. There is reasonable doubt there. But to label him a bust is more than a little premature.

And face it, the only reason you bash both him and indirectly, Bledsoe, is that you still miss your favorite QB.

dewey

Reaction score
13 pages on a player who hasn't been with the team in a year.:confused:

God speed Quincy, and it's time to move on.