News: Possible reunion? Wagner and Quinn

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Wagner isn’t going anywhere. Seattle will restructure. Seattle has few good players. Seattle owner is loaded with money.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
So your telling me you’re gonna swap Vandery for Wagner and then eventually get Cox back? It just moved.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Bobby Wagner will be 32 years old next summer.

That's very old for a LB.

Seriously doubt the Cowboys would be interested, especially with the youth movement the Cowboys are now in.

Maybe on a 1 year deal as a backup...and for cheap, but I doubt Bobby Wagner would agree to that.
31. And he's having one of his best seasons.

Cmac

Reaction score
Depending on Salaryologist's take.......this wouldn't bode well for LVE.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Love Wagner. The impact he would make on the defense would be enormous. Just don't see it happening due to money. Even if he's cut by Seattle, Wagner is not a taking Stephen Jones "honest offer" just to reunite with Quinn. He'll get a nice 2-3 year deal somewhere else.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Seriously doubt the Cowboys would be interested, especially with the youth movement the Cowboys are now in.

Maybe on a 1 year deal as a backup...and for cheap, but I doubt Bobby Wagner would agree to that.

He may if he wants to come to a SB winning team, that will have a good chance at another. :D
I do mean here and not another team, for the jokesters (aka haters) out there. :muttley:

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Yeah the Cowboys will look at the draft for linebacker help. Maybe get lucky and get a second round prospect in the 3rd or 4th like Cox. People don’t seem to understand the Cowboys are going young and cheap on the defense. The next player the Cowboys will pay on defense is Diggs. They won’t have to do that until 23. We will talk about it more in the offseason but I don’t think the Cowboys will overpay Gregory and Tank will be on the team past 22. They will continue to make the defense Parsons friendly. You may not like it but we better hope for the continued development of guys like Gallimore, Osa, Gholston, Cox and Bohannon.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Warner’s 32 but he is considered the 2nd best MLB in the NFC after none other than our own # 11 who can already be considered as maybe the best defensive player in the league.
Pairing them together and drafting a corner/true FS if Hooker doesnt pan out in the first would make this defense elite. Still need to draft OL and hopefully hit on a powerful havoc starting DT as well. I think Gallimore could be it. But that’s my Canadian bias talking

The Natural

Reaction score

you gotta be kidding. Bobby Wagner at 32 is light years ahead of LVE and Neal.

John813

Reaction score
A duo of Wagner and Parsons would be legendary

Imagine Parsons getting tips from Wagner on and off the field

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah the Cowboys will look at the draft for linebacker help. Maybe get lucky and get a second round prospect in the 3rd or 4th like Cox. People don’t seem to understand the Cowboys are going young and cheap on the defense. The next player the Cowboys will pay on defense is Diggs. They won’t have to do that until 23. We will talk about it more in the offseason but I don’t think the Cowboys will overpay Gregory and Tank will be on the team past 22. They will continue to make the defense Parsons friendly. You may not like it but we better hope for the continued development of guys like Gallimore, Osa, Gholston, Cox and Bohannon.
Exactly. So many here are taking jabs at me, but they refuse to understand how the Cowboys don't have the money to bring in a veteran who most definitey will want to get paid, especially since he's up there in age and wants to make as much as possible before retirement.

This is a ridiculous pipedream that will never work due to the circumstances we just explained, so why even bring it up? Lots of posters who don't think before they post.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Look at his snap count, he’s the only person on his defense that played 100% of the snaps and 16% of STs snaps. I’m all for the youth movement, but I think Wagner is younger than LVE.
Wagner is 31
LVE is 25

Flamma

Reaction score
A backup? Sir have you not seen any Seattle games this season? Aint no universe where Wagner would come here as a backup that dude is playing damn good football still at his age. He would come here and instantly be our best linebacker (not including parsons)

LOL you stole my thunder. I was gonna say, I don't know for how many more years Wagner can maintain it, but he's still a very good LB. He's a really smart player and I'd love to see him in a Cowboys uniform for a year or two.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Wagner is 31
LVE is 25
But Wagner's neck isn't a twig like LVE's.

LVE hesitates hitting with his helmet in fear of getting hurt again. Can't say as I blame him but he is a LB and they have to be aggressive. He's not near the LB he used to be and he is only 25. Sadly, I don't think he will be here next year. Just sayin.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Exactly. So many here are taking jabs at me, but they refuse to understand how the Cowboys don't have the money to bring in a veteran who most definitey will want to get paid, especially since he's up there in age and wants to make as much as possible before retirement.

This is a ridiculous pipedream that will never work due to the circumstances we just explained, so why even bring it up? Lots of posters who don't think before they post.
Yeah I totally get your frustration. Once they paid Dak the front office realized you have to draft well and play your draft picks. We need to enjoy this season because next years team will be different. There is a chance the Cowboys might move off of both Gallup and Cooper next season. I would have thought that was crazy 2 months ago.

BermyStar

Reaction score
But Wagner's neck isn't a twig like LVE's.

LVE hesitates hitting with his helmet in fear of getting hurt again. Can't say as I blame him but he is a LB and they have to be aggressive. He's not near the LB he used to be and he is only 25. Sadly, I don't think he will be here next year. Just sayin.
I'm no LVE fan myself. And honestly I worry, for his sake; next injuries are scary.