News: Possible reunion? Wagner and Quinn

J12B

Reaction score
Wagner isn’t going anywhere. Seattle will restructure. Seattle has few good players. Seattle owner is loaded with money.

I believe next year is the final year of his deal.

So they would need to extend him and may not want to commit future cap to him if they enter a rebuild phase which is likely.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I believe next year is the final year of his deal.

So they would need to extend him and may not want to commit future cap to him if they enter a rebuild phase which is likely.

I doubt Seattle goes for a ‘rebuild.’ I don’t think they can get much for Wilson now and they have no 1st rd pick. Hard to rebuild if they don’t trade Wilson.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I think I misread your post.

Correct me if I am wrong but you are saying LVE is older due to wear and tear not just actual age... in which case, I get your angle.
That and general talent level at this point in their respective careers.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Exactly. So many here are taking jabs at me, but they refuse to understand how the Cowboys don't have the money to bring in a veteran who most definitey will want to get paid, especially since he's up there in age and wants to make as much as possible before retirement.

This is a ridiculous pipedream that will never work due to the circumstances we just explained, so why even bring it up? Lots of posters who don't think before they post.
I am not sure I understand your thought that Dallas doesn't have the money. Most years they base restructure the three linemen Smith, Martin, Collins -- if all they do is that, according to Sprotrac they have 8M to spend. Base restructure Dak and Coop and they have 33M. That is without restructuring Tank or Elliot.

I think Dallas is all in with these 5 players throughout their contracts which go no longer than 2025, and still allows them to sign whomever they want. Even if they give Gregory 15M, they still have enough to pay quite a few others. If they want to add a big name, they just have to restructure Tank and gain 9M or Lewis for a M if they only need a small amount.

I think if Dallas gets close but doesn't win it all this year, Dallas will be all-in next year and probably sign a big name like Wagner or Von Miller or someone else they think will put them over the top.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am not sure I understand your thought that Dallas doesn't have the money. Most years they base restructure the three linemen Smith, Martin, Collins -- if all they do is that, according to Sprotrac they have 8M to spend. Base restructure Dak and Coop and they have 33M. That is without restructuring Tank or Elliot.

I think Dallas is all in with these 5 players throughout their contracts which go no longer than 2025, and still allows them to sign whomever they want. Even if they give Gregory 15M, they still have enough to pay quite a few others. If they want to add a big name, they just have to restructure Tank and gain 9M or Lewis for a M if they only need a small amount.

I think if Dallas gets close but doesn't win it all this year, Dallas will be all-in next year and probably sign a big name like Wagner or Von Miller or someone else they think will put them over the top.
I hear you, but almost half of this team's roster are becoming free agents by the end of this season. How do you expect to field another playoff competitive team when most of the salary cap is tied to 7-8 players?

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I hear you, but almost half of this team's roster are becoming free agents by the end of this season. How do you expect to field another playoff competitive team when most of the salary cap is tied to 7-8 players?
That is a whole other question about whether the future should be looked at or just play for now, and then take a year or two to tank - eat it all and start all over. I don't think that is Jerrys plan as I don't think he has that many years left, so I think he will go all in and forget about the future.