Post an obscure and pointless fact

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have never learned so much that I cannot use in my life. I am fighting the temptation it take this thread out tonight and approach barstool bimbos with "did you know...……."?

I think it says a lot about our little gathering that we can do 23 pages on pointless facts. I have never been so proud to be a part of something.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have never learned so much that I cannot use in my life. I am fighting the temptation it take this thread out tonight and approach barstool bimbos with "did you know...……."?

I think it says a lot about our little gathering that we can do 23 pages on pointless facts. I have never been so proud to be a part of something.
Pointless, but educational....It's perfect for the PJG, while being simultaneously the opposite of what we stand for.

cowboyec

Reaction score
One thing has always pissed me off about Aikman and that actually happened to Emmitt as well. People wanted to excuse their accomplishments with other team members. Oh, it was the OL. Funny, I never hear that about Bradshaw or Montana, they did it all by themselves.

When it was called for like that opening game against the Skins when he tossed 5 TDs, 1 in OT to Rocket, he could play shootout with any QB. He played in a more controlled system than the WCO QB's that put up the numbers.

My fondest memories of #8 were those shots from behind him when it looked as if he was throwing the ball to open space or a DB and the receiver would cut just in time to take the ball. I knew a HS HC in Boise that told me most of the HC's he knew used Aikman as the model for teaching QB mechanics as he was the best and most consistent he had ever seen. He remarked "it was as if God made the template for a QB".

What a pro at everything he does. He handled the DC QB role better than anyone ever has and subrogated his own ego for that of the team's. He always did and said the right things. And now, he's probably the best color guy behind Madden that's done that job.
mechanics were flawless.
never saw him "panic" either.
#8 was dang near a perfect QB.
should be rated MUCH HIGHER on these all-time lists....3 SB wins is rarified air.
amazing how many considered "greater"...dont have 1...let alone 3.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
mechanics were flawless.
never saw him "panic" either.
#8 was dang near a perfect QB.
should be rated MUCH HIGHER on these all-time lists....3 SB wins is rarified air.
amazing how many considered "greater"...dont have 1...let alone 3.
He was great when he wasn't being too pressured, but much like Brady, if he got hit a lot, his timing and accuracy suffered greatly. It's an understandable phenomenon, but doesn't happen to everyone.

Big_D

Reaction score
Until 1954, MLB players were allowed to leave their gloves on the field while they batted.

Interesting. Here's more on that rule change..

http://opinionofkingmansperformance.blogspot.com/2012/01/gloves-tossed-on-fieldthe-1954-rule.html

'In games that occurred pre-1954, once the side was retired, corner infielders tossed their gloves in foul territory near the bases, middle infielders threw their mitts in the middle of the diamond, just off the infield dirt and outfielders left their gloves in the field near the warning track. Only catchers and pitchers returned to the dugout with their equipment.'

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pointless, but educational....It's perfect for the PJG, while being simultaneously the opposite of what we stand for.
We "say it best when we say everything at all". I put that in quotes because everyone might not be aware that's a spin on a country song.

I've always been of the mind I am going to throw a lot of stuff out there, you just take what you want. I would rather know a little about more than a lot about a little. I call that being well rounded and not committed to anything. There are things I know nothing about because I wish to know nothing because if I know something that is taking up space reserved for nothing, I might have to do something about it.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
We "say it best when we say everything at all". I put that in quotes because everyone might not be aware that's a spin on a country song.

I've always been of the mind I am going to throw a lot of stuff out there, you just take what you want. I would rather know a little about more than a lot about a little. I call that being well rounded and not committed to anything. There are things I know nothing about because I wish to know nothing because if I know something that is taking up space reserved for nothing, I might have to do something about it.
Keith Whitley was a stud (I know he didn't write it but his rendition is fantastic)