Post an obscure and pointless fact

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We "say it best when we say everything at all". I put that in quotes because everyone might not be aware that's a spin on a country song.

I've always been of the mind I am going to throw a lot of stuff out there, you just take what you want. I would rather know a little about more than a lot about a little. I call that being well rounded and not committed to anything. There are things I know nothing about because I wish to know nothing because if I know something that is taking up space reserved for nothing, I might have to do something about it.
I don't know if it was just the local DJ's, or if it was nationwide, but around here they used to play a mash up of Kieth Whitley's and Alison Krauss' renditions, making it a duet. I liked it better than either solo.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dec31 1863 at Thompson's Station Tn. Confederate Gen. Bedford Forrest's horse " Roderick" suffered 3 wounds in battle,the Gen. dismounted the horse and ordered it sent to the rear area for medical treatment, according to legend, the horse broke free of it's handlers and jumped 3 fences in the faithful steeds return run to be back with
it's owner still engaged in the fray of battle where it suffered a 4th and fatally final wound,,, Nathan Bedford Forrest would suffer the loss of 38 more horses shot out from under him during the course of that waro_O

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The Boys Have The Only Super Bowl MVP On The Losing Team.

The Boys may have lost Super Bowl V on a last-second field goal to the Baltimore Colts, but they did go home with some hardware. Chuck Howely was named Super Bowl MVP even though his team lost.

No player in the history of the Super Bowl Era has won the MVP while losing the game since. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's fun to think about that kind of stuff. Imagine the people involved with that and how excited they probably felt. "Man, I felt like I was just flying!!!"
Man,there a pretty cool video posted up over on the *popular mechanics" website that goes thru the various stages of motorcycle manufacturing in like 1904 or some year real close ,where they sand cast all the casing-liners and hand fit / file,and shows them test riding them at the end,,,it's in the automotive/ motorcycle sub menu.

* I thought it was a pretty cool video.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis' last #1 album was Aloha from Hawaii-via satellite...recorded live in Honolulu in Jan of '73...the concert was broadcast via satellite around the world and shown on u.s. tv later that year.It stands alone as his zenith moment.

Londonboy

Reaction score
The Bank of England was founded in 1694 as a way for the cash-strapped Government to fund a huge Naval building program, following a disastrous series of defeats by the french navy culminating with the crushing defeat at the Battle of Beachy Head in 1690.
It proved to be a huge success, reaching it's target of £1.2M in just 12 days, the massive cash influx helped Britain achieve Naval Supremacy and paved the way to a Global Trading Network and then a Global Empire.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if it was just the local DJ's, or if it was nationwide, but around here they used to play a mash up of Kieth Whitley's and Alison Krauss' renditions, making it a duet. I liked it better than either solo.
Yep, me too and I do like both versions and the combined. While I am not a Country fan, there are some songs that just hit home and that's one of them. And anything by Patsy is a hymn.