Post an obscure and pointless fact

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Rush was in financial dire straights when they released 2112. If it had not done well, they likely would have lost their recording contract. 2112 essentially rescued that band. (And what a great album to come back with!)
Perhaps their best work. What an album. And the song 2112 was essentially a middle finger to the recording company saying they would do it their own way or no way at all.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Perhaps their best work. What an album. And the song 2112 was essentially a middle finger to the recording company saying they would do it their own way or no way at all.

Yup, what a victory. It's hard to do a good concept album. Other bands have fallen on their butts when they've tried to do one. Concept albums by Judas Priest and Kiss did not do well. IMO 2112 did well because it's both great music and a great story told in an interesting way.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man,Alive! We're about the same mileage of decrepitude in our ages,TOO!o_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Yeah, I see that we are. I was first turned on to Prine in the early 1980's by a friend in college. I don't get the impression others on this site are aware of him. More of a rock and roll crowd.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yeah, I see that we are. I was first turned on to Prine in the early 1980's by a friend in college. I don't get the impression others on this site are aware of him. More of a rock and roll crowd.
I had a ' biker' oil field rat-brat friend I'd grew up with ' turn me on ' to the PRINEMISTER.
* ' Ol Joanie toans has "gone country" WHEW! a long time back,come to think about it,o_O
( reverse those two first letters of the name,,,as I was pretty much 'bombed outta my gord one night after a toad strangling thunderstorm around midnight sitting outside up against the back wall of my house & him and Moehandsome( dude on my school wrestling team I'd grew up with ,also) came ripping & tearing thru my freshly manicured golf course like yard in his oilfield 4x4 work truck,cutting dough nuts/ figure 8's and as they circled around the back of the house,,, I'd stood up with a .45 back pocket piece in my hand ,,,it was some of the funniest **** I can honestly recall,,,we were cracking up LOAO
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

cowboyec

Reaction score
favorite Dandy Don story...in a game vs the giants...LB Sam Huff hit him so hard...it busted Dandy's rib-protector...which was filled with red dye....Cowboys were wearing home whites.
Huff was mortified...he thought it was blood.
Dandy played it up for all its worth...asking Huff if he'd promise to write his mama.
The trainers and refs busted out laughing.
Sam Huff didnt.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Fred Dryer from the TV series HUNTER, is the ONLY NFL player to (to this day) score two safties in one game.
5154cG47u6L._SL500_SY300_.jpg

I see some of you are Googling that one.:muttley:

Last edited: