Post an obscure and pointless fact

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The largest Volcano in the world is actually the Yellowstone Caldera or Super Volcano and it's not just one Volcano, it's actually three separate Calderas. Henry's Fork in Idaho (18 Miles long and 23 miles wide), the Island Park Caldera located in Idaho and Wyoming (40 Miles by 49 miles) and the Yellowstone Caldera located in Wyoming (35 by 45 Miles). The magma chamber, or the actual Super Volcano, that feeds all of these Calderas is estimated to be 55 Miles by 22 Miles measures 6 Miles deep.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The largest Volcano in the world is actually the Yellowstone Caldera or Super Volcano and it's not just one Volcano, it's actually three separate Calderas. Henry's Fork in Idaho (18 Miles long and 23 miles wide), the Island Park Caldera located in Idaho and Wyoming (40 Miles by 49 miles) and the Yellowstone Caldera located in Wyoming (35 by 45 Miles). The magma chamber, or the actual Super Volcano, that feeds all of these Calderas is estimated to be 55 Miles by 22 Miles measures 6 Miles deep.
Love your peeps while you can!

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
The legendary singer Ray Charles was married twice and sired 12 children from 10 different women ,going completely blind at age 7 ,the sightless seed sower had amassed an estimated net worth of 100 million dollars upon 'going country' in 2004,,,that cat rolled with it in life,,,& he RULED IT BIGTIME with his 'bit' acting gig in that BLUES BROTHERS movie:thumbup:

*hit the road,Jack*o_O

My man just played the card...'the sightless seed sower' LOL

Well played...very well played!!!! :lmao2:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Kentucky Rain...Elvis' 4th hit from the brilliant American sessions in '69(#16 on bilboard top 40)...was written by Eddie Rabbit.

(whew that felt good...held that one in for awhile.)
:thumbup: thanks, I didn't know that.

Rick Derringer had originally wrote the song " rock n roll hoochie coo"
For the Edgar Winters band of
" FRANKENSTEIN " fame,,, they
( two albino brothers)didn't like it, as they thought it was kinda' bubble-gum & would besmirch there ROCKER image if they played ito_O

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Love your peeps while you can!

Good advice. The good news is that, on average, the Yellowstone Super Volcano only has a major eruption every 600,000 to 700,000 years. They have smaller eruptions (and when I say small, we are talking Mount St. Helens type eruptions) about every 100,000 years or so. The last activity in Yellowstone was only lava flow and not actually an eruption about 70,000 years ago so that's good news. The bad news is that the last major eruption (Yellowstone Caldera), which to give you an idea, St. Helens was .24 Cubic Miles, Yellowstone Caldera eruption was 240 Cubic Miles, happened 640,000 years ago. So yeah, we are in the window.

I don't worry too much about it. The next one could be a planet extinction event so there is going to be plenty of transportation available for whichever direction I ultimately end up headed to.

LOL......

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis' first 4 albums all went #1...and Gold.
•Elvis Presley...'56 debut LP.
•ELVIS...historic follow-up LP.
•Loving You...first soundtrack album*.
•Elvis' Christmas Album...his first xmas LP.

*Love Me Tender was his first movie but didnt consist of enuff material for an LP...the songs were released on Extended Play instead.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
from '93-'94...Troy Aikman went 16 straight games with at least 1 TD.

loved #8.
One thing has always pissed me off about Aikman and that actually happened to Emmitt as well. People wanted to excuse their accomplishments with other team members. Oh, it was the OL. Funny, I never hear that about Bradshaw or Montana, they did it all by themselves.

When it was called for like that opening game against the Skins when he tossed 5 TDs, 1 in OT to Rocket, he could play shootout with any QB. He played in a more controlled system than the WCO QB's that put up the numbers.

My fondest memories of #8 were those shots from behind him when it looked as if he was throwing the ball to open space or a DB and the receiver would cut just in time to take the ball. I knew a HS HC in Boise that told me most of the HC's he knew used Aikman as the model for teaching QB mechanics as he was the best and most consistent he had ever seen. He remarked "it was as if God made the template for a QB".

What a pro at everything he does. He handled the DC QB role better than anyone ever has and subrogated his own ego for that of the team's. He always did and said the right things. And now, he's probably the best color guy behind Madden that's done that job.