Post an obscure and pointless fact

cowboyec

Reaction score
"Horses were introduced to North America by the Spaniards."
Dwight-dwight-schrute-27093628-268-400.jpg

False. Horses originated in North America millions of years ago and crossed into Asia. So they were merely "reintroduced" by the Spaniards.[/Dwight Shrute].
:bow::bow::bow:

cowboyec

Reaction score
in 1966...Elvis placed 3 soundtrack albums in bilboard top 20.
•Frankie and Johnny...#20
•Paradise,Hawaiian Style...#15
•Spinout...#18

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
In 1965 11 year old Opie Taylor, a.k.a. Ron Howard,cleared $5,000 dollars more than one of his favorite baseball players Sandy Koufax,who was holding out of spring training due to a contract dispute.

* this was after negotiations had been rectified*

o_O

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis' 1971 nashville sessions produced a string of 4 studio albums...the most LPs released from any session of his career.

over a period of 3 months...March,May and June of '71...the material recorded was enuff for 4 albums(41 songs were recorded):
•Elvis sings The Wonderful World of Christmas...his last xmas LP
•Elvis Now...really good album that contained Until Its Time For You To Go,Help Me Make It Through The Night and Early Morning Rain.
•He Touched Me...his 3rd and final gospel album...and a grammy winner.
•ELVIS...aka "fool" album...a hodge podge release in '73 that consisted of the remaining material from '71 and various stidio and live recordings from '72...the final track...a brilliant "jam" on Don't Think Twice,Its Alright.
the hi-light...3 piano solos.

Last edited:

Londonboy

Reaction score
Beethoven originally dedicated His 3rd Symphony to Napoleon Bonaparte.
Upon receiving the news that the "Grand Disturber" had Crowned Himself Emperor of france, He angrily tore the title page from Symphony's Manuscript and loudly castigated His former Hero as "no more than a common mortal"

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The light (photon) we see produced by the Sun was created and has existed somewhere between 100,000 and 1,000,000 years ago. It takes that long for that photon to dig it's way out of the Sun's core. The photon is created by the fusion of two hydrogen atoms into helium then it must fight it's way to the surface of the Sun through the soupy mess that is the Sun's gassy plasma. Gravity and twisting magnetic fields causing massive amounts of force on the plasma.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The light (photon) we see produced by the Sun was created and has existed somewhere between 100,000 and 1,000,000 years ago. It takes that long for that photon to dig it's way out of the Sun's core. The photon is created by the fusion of two hydrogen atoms into helium then it must fight it's way to the surface of the Sun through the soupy mess that is the Sun's gassy plasma. Gravity and twisting magnetic fields causing massive amounts of force on the plasma.
I know this is the theory, but how did they ever come up with it?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tell us something we don't know.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I know this is the theory, but how did they ever come up with it?

They use physics based on observation. Also, they listen to the Sun and based on the sounds it makes they can figure what is actually occurring within. This is why they say 100k to 1m years, because sometimes torrents are created within the Sun's mass that can fire photons up from below. Those torrents are created by magnetic fields twisting and turning around the Sun. When those magnetic fields get so twisted they break loose and cause massive solar ejections (Solar Flares) When that happens, massive amounts of energy gets fired out from the Sun and some of those plumes come from deep within the Sun itself. (hence sometimes faster release of the photons in 100,000 years vs 1,000,000 years)

cowboyec

Reaction score
His Hand In Mine....Elvis' first gospel album recorded in 1960...was a tribute to his mom.
He promised her he'd record a gospel album of her favorites.
Recorded in one night in Nashville...his voice never sounded more honey sweet.
GREAT album.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They use physics based on observation. Also, they listen to the Sun and based on the sounds it makes they can figure what is actually occurring within. This is why they say 100k to 1m years, because sometimes torrents are created within the Sun's mass that can fire photons up from below. Those torrents are created by magnetic fields twisting and turning around the Sun. When those magnetic fields get so twisted they break loose and cause massive solar ejections (Solar Flares) When that happens, massive amounts of energy gets fired out from the Sun and some of those plumes come from deep within the Sun itself. (hence sometimes faster release of the photons in 100,000 years vs 1,000,000 years)
It's all still theoretical until they can physically observe or recreate the process. Scientists have had to rethink their theories too many times for me to just take their word for it. I'll say they're probably right, but I'm only about 87.336% confident in them.