Post an obscure and pointless fact

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis released only 3 "LIVE" songs as singles during his life-time...all during the 70's:
•The Wonder of You...recorded LIVE in vegas in Feb of 1970...made bilboard top 10.
•An American Trilogy...recorded LIVE in vegas in 1972...made the bilboard top 100 but became an instant fan-favorite to this day...(including yours truly).
•Steamroller...recorded LIVE in Jan of '73 during the historic satellite broadcast from Hawaii...made bilboard top 20.

3 stand-alone classics that rank among the best "Live" performances he ever gave.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Are you saying that the migrant hunters from Asia killed off the native horses? If so, I don't believe that to be true. The horses had already spread into Asia (like the wolves) probably millions of years earlier and most of the ones still in North America got demolished by a catastrophic event (like all of the other megafauna in North America like the Wooly Mammoth, Giant ground sloth, Wooly Rhinoceros, Sabre-toothed Lions, etc.) around 11K years ago https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas_impact_hypothesis

. For the migrants to wipe out all of the animals in North America through hunting would've been just mathematically hard to do. And if they had (wiped them out from coast to coast) then there would've been settlements found on the east coast. From my understanding (which is admittedly limited), the several waves of Asian migrants moved down the west coast of North America, Central America and then, finally, South America (all ile stlaying somewhat close to the coastal areas).
.that's the key ,,,,"coastal area" for if sea levels were lowered to a point in time(s) for a land bridge to be a freeway of foot traffic,it's obvious to consider most of first world civilization evidence is submerged off of presently defined coastlines
vs the Commanders on 12/9/72...RB Walt Garrison finished the game with an impressive 12.1 avg. per carry....he ran for 121yds on 10att.

I'm certain I enjoyed watching that game& grinding sparks off my Commanders fan Father,,,:starspin:

FineFan

Reaction score
CL82NUv.png

Londonboy

Reaction score
The Inhabitants of Hartlepool (a Town on the NE Coast of England) are colloquially called "Monkey Hangers".
The nick-name stems from an incident that occurred during the Napoleonic Wars.
A french ship foundered off the coast during a storm, with only 1 survivor, the ship's pet Monkey dressed in a military uniform.
Given that invasion hysteria was gripping England at the time, the Townsfolk concluded that the ship was a scout for a french invasion force.
As satirical cartoons of the period often depicted the french as gibbering Monkeys, the Townsfolk assumed that the Monkey was a french spy, a trial was held, the "Spy" offered no intelligible defence and was duly hung.
Hartlepool FC's official mascot is called H'Angus the Monkey (not a real Monkey, just a Bloke in a costume), in 2002 He stood for election as Town Mayor and Won, He was re-elected twice (despite failing to deliver on His one and only campaign promise : free bananas for schoolchildren).