Post an obscure and pointless fact

aria

Reaction score
Yesterday, Joey Chestnut beat his own world record by two hot dogs, when he ate 74 hot dogs in 10 minutes.

Congrats to Joey on winning his 11th Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest and keeping a firm grasp on the Mustard Belt.

jnyoBqm_d.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From the medical library:

A not too bright man was a window peeper. He peeped in the wrong window, and a woman shot him directly between the eyes w/ a .357 magnum. He ran away down the street. Officers followed his blood trail and found him. Still alive. Took him to hospital for treatment. He lived. The shot lobotomized him.

This gent was quite odd to begin w/ and those that knew him said they really couldn't tell the difference before and after.

True story as told by medical professional.
Was he still a peeper with his Third Eye Blind?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If Elvis had lived, I'll bet his best stuff was still to come.

I agree. It's a bummer that Elvis died. A friend of mine bought Elvis tickets and then drove hundreds of miles to see him play, only to discover that the tickets were counterfeit. He was seriously bummed and never did get to see him play because he died soon thereafter.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Here are some bands that have had various guitarist (well known) in them.

Alcatrazz

Yngwie Malmsteen
Steve Vai

The yardbirds

Jeff Beck
Eric Clapton
Jimmy Page

Ozzy Osbourne

Randy Rhoads (Quiet Riot)
Brad Gillis (Night Ranger)
Jake E Lee (Ratt)
Zakk Wylde
Joe Holmes before
Little known fact...initially The osbourne camp asked Gary Moore to be the guitarist BEFORE Randy Rhoads and AFTER Randy Rhoads died.
I never knew Jake E. Lee was in Ratt. That goes way way back deep into the 70s.

Sharon Ozbourne should be beaten and stabbed for kicking Jake E. Lee out of Ozzy. While he had a few (read very few) with Zakk Wylde, Ozzy was so so much better with Jake E. Lee. Loved Bark at the Moon and especially The Ultimate Sin.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
In Switzerland citizens can challenge any law passed by Parliament – provided they can gather 50,000 signatures against the law within 100 days. If succesful, a national vote is held and voters decide by a simple majority whether to accept or reject the law.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's no surprise that Clapton could use a 60s-era Strat off the shelf. Those were well-made guitars.
I have seen many interviews with guitarists and their respect for the instrument, excluding Townsend's antics, is almost of a religious nature. They will try to rescue a guitar as if it is an animal they love.

One of my favorite John Hiatt songs is "Perfectly Good Guitars" and I was never a fan of any musicians destroying any instruments for show. I always thought the Who's music was first rate, they didn't need that bit of "showmanship". But karma came to visit Townsend with him becoming deaf and his shoulder, elbow and wrist all screwed up from "beating his best friend".