Post an obscure and pointless fact

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, here's a crap shoot, a coffee fact, at least according to some medical research. I have never seen anything on and off the good and bad list like coffee with the latest having it on the very good for you list. However, there is one tricky part of this.

According to the latest research, coffee does have health benefits and there is some evidence that it does serve as a preventative for certain types of cancer including colorectal and esophageal/throat cancer but only the latter if the coffee is not hot. If it is hot and that is defined as having to blow on it or not comfortably drunk, it has the reverse effect and can actually contribute to creating the environment for that specific cancer. They didn't specify about anything but coffee, no soup or tea but I started letting my coffee become easy to drink before putting it in my mouth and I used to be a "blow and sipper".

cowboyec

Reaction score
Van Halen used to start their concerts here at the Hirsh Colosseum because we were deemed to have the worst acoustics in the country. They said if they could sound good here, they'd sound great everywhere else. Keep that in mind and have some compassion on Elvis for that concert.
some of his best concerts are from Louisiana.
alot from '75.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Had to jump in the creek in 20 degree weather to save my raccoon dog. I saw the method. The raccoon climbed up on my dog's back in the water, and literally grabbed the dog's nose and was pushing it under water. The dog is defenseless in this situation.

Saw many dog/raccoon fights in shallow water, however, and the raccoon lost every time. Not sure how the raccoon would be able to pull the stunt in shallow water, as the dog's mouth is higher up and could just reach down and get a kill hold on the raccoon's neck.
Maybe the raccoon has little picador buddies, to weaken the dog's neck, like a bullfighter.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Colorful-Parrot-PNG-Picture-259x279.png

WRRRR! Site Rule 2! You will not post obscene or non-family friendly content!
CowboysZone is the best Dallas fansite on the internet! WRRRR!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I was in Shreveport the day Elvis died, too! My cousin walked up to me at work and said "Elvis died". I said "No, he didn't" and went about my business. I later learned it was true. So hard to believe that such a bright light was snuffed out way too soon.

@CouchCoach Paul wanted his name first on one of their biggest hits that he'd written. Yesterday was the song, if I remember correctly. He had to go through Yoko to try and get it changed to McCartney/Lennon but she denied him.

Yoko Ono was a real jerk to Paul McCartney. You would think she would have felt the need to show him respect.

cowboyec

Reaction score
at Elvis' last recording session in '76,held in the Jungle Room @Graceland,he wanted to try a studio version of America The Beautiful.
He told the guys..."let's try America".
the band didnt know what he was refering to.
He said..."America...damn it".
finally on the same page they gave it a go...Elvis didnt like it and sadly,it got recorded over.Only the last part remains.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yoko Ono was a real jerk to Paul McCartney. You would think she would have felt the need to show him respect.
The rumor was McCartney blamed her for the break up and it really wasn't her fault. Those guys grew up together and finally started to grow apart when they started getting married and Lennon always was the one most likely to drift.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The rumor was McCartney blamed her for the break up and it really wasn't her fault. Those guys grew up together and finally started to grow apart when they started getting married and Lennon always was the one most likely to drift.

I don't think she's solely responsible for the Beatles' breakup, but I do think she should have allowed McCartney to put his name first on a song that he wrote. Her refusal was really a *****y thing to do.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Hey Lundy, good thread!!
It was inspired by My recent works picnic (The annual piss-up in the park), Everyone goes to the local park and sits around drinking and meeting the People You only see in passing (otherwise the office staff and operations staff don't really see each other due to the lay-out of the building), everybody is encouraged to meet and mingle, after enough drink had been downed, We played rounders and Footie and had a quiz.
One of the office Guys would wonder over, sit next to You and start a conversation with "Did You know", followed by a completely random and pointless fact, He'd stay for a couple of minutes, then sit next to Someone else "Did You know" and on and on, after a while I started surreptitiously following Him out of sheer fascination, just to hear His next opening gambit.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was inspired by My recent works picnic (The annual piss-up in the park), Everyone goes to the local park and sits around drinking and meeting the People You only see in passing (otherwise the office staff and operations staff don't really see each other due to the lay-out of the building), everybody is encouraged to meet and mingle, after enough drink has been downed, We played rounders and Footie and had a quiz.
One of the office Guys would wonder over, sit next to You and start a conversation with "Did You know", followed by a completely random and pointless fact, He'd stay for a couple of minutes, then sit next to Someone else "Did You know" and on and on, after a while I started surreptitiously following Him out of sheer fascination, just to hear His next opening gambit.
Why is Footie capitalized and rounders not or are you just randomly throwing caps around again? And what are they and does the quiz involve either?

I tried that "Did You Know" thing at a cocktail party and everybody answered "yes" before I got to finish. 17 of the shortest conversations in a row in history.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
An orange was originally called a norange, but the "n" shifted over time.
It's also called 'narjana' which is orange but then ,its not an orange,,,:huh:

* this was the Hispanic translation I was given, when I'd asked a dude " just WTH does the name of that road 'mean' "

Londonboy

Reaction score
Why is Footie capitalized and rounders not or are you just randomly throwing caps around again? And what are they and does the quiz involve either?

I tried that "Did You Know" thing at a cocktail party and everybody answered "yes" before I got to finish. 17 of the shortest conversations in a row in history.
I capitalise where I feel it's deserved, Footie is short for Association Football, so clearly deserves a Capital.
rounders is the ancestor of Baseball and is similar to softball.
The quiz was a 40 question Gen Knowledge Quiz (My Team Won...YEAH)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Raccoon can drown a dog in two inches [five centimeters] of water just by holding its nose under water.
The males reproductive organ has a solid bone in it thats bent or curved on one end(don't ask me which,IDK) that was commonly whittled to a point & used as a toothpick, handily kept stashed in the frontier trappers headgear.

*I had one I kept laced thru a wool watch cap ,at one timeo_O