Post an obscure and pointless fact

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think McQueen would have changed the entire feel of the movie. It could have been amazing. Dreyfuss was a fluid actor with a common touch. McQueen would have brought his own personal stamp much like John Wayne did in his movies. If Steve McQueen builds a mesa with mashed potatoes, you know something's going on. Richard Dreyfuss? Oh, that's just Richard being Richard. The only thing I'd have a problem with is McQueen didn't seem the yielding type to submit to aliens for what ever probing they had up their sleeves (not without a gun and several rounds of ammunition). You saw the people getting off that spacecraft. It's the same look people have when leaving the proctologist's office.
Except they didn't have to wait a week for the results, so they had slightly satisfied grins.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I think McQueen would have changed the entire feel of the movie. It could have been amazing. Dreyfuss was a fluid actor with a common touch. McQueen would have brought his own personal stamp much like John Wayne did in his movies. If Steve McQueen builds a mesa with mashed potatoes, you know something's going on. Richard Dreyfuss? Oh, that's just Richard being Richard. The only thing I'd have a problem with is McQueen didn't seem the yielding type to submit to aliens for what ever probing they had up their sleeves (not without a gun and several rounds of ammunition). You saw the people getting off that spacecraft. It's the same look people have when leaving the proctologist's office.
McQueen woulda went straight up Bullitt on those aliens at the end...."you work your side of the galaxy...I'll work mine."
Id love to have seen him do it but Dreyfus was great in that role.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Trying to remember if Richard Dreyfuss (sp?) did a lot of crying in the film. I do recall him doing his fair share of gasping and grinning hysterically though. :p

I cannot imagine McQueen sculpting and landscaping a mountain on a family dining table either. :muttley:
the deleted scene when Dreyfus is sitting in the shower with his clothes on...water running.
for some reason,after reading the script...McQueen thought the character was a cry-er....or crier....how ever you spell it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm not in a position to comment.
People in glass houses and all that.

I'm always careful, so I don't know what you're talking about...

syb2gY.gif

cowboyec

Reaction score
on this day in 1945...at a talent show at the Mississippi St Fair...a 10yr old Elvis Presley sings Old Shep and comes in 5th place.