Twitter: Post Game Tweets 12/29/19

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Uh oh, Dak. You just became public enemy #1. :laugh:

He only wants to keep Jason Garrett because he allows this locker room to do whatever they want. A new HC will not allow that. It’s like a teacher that can’t control the class room. Of course a student would want to keep the teacher that allows them to do whatever they want. Same can be applied to a job. A more relaxed boss is the best. A stricter teacher is bad. A stricter boss is bad. Same as this.

He doesn’t want to deal with the repercussions of a new HC. Simple as that.

Sydla

Reaction score
Uh oh, Dak. You just became public enemy #1. :laugh:

This is why I am not 100% sold on Garrett being done.

Garrett is wildly popular with the players and with the report that Jerry will talk to the team about the coaching situation, I suspect Jerry is going to get a lot of positive feedback pro-Garrett.

And he'll use that to justify bringing him back.............

Sydla

Reaction score

They should all be gone.................... unless the new coach specifically wants to bring them back.

If Jerry Jones is going to renew assistant contracts on his own, then he has learned nothing and we will continue to be a joke franchise.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Pregame from Jane.

For this staff to be put together the way that it has there almost had to be a disconnect. None of these guys were hand picked by the coach. They are just a list of names thrown together.

The product put on the field was a direct reflection of that. This is a talented but very poorly put together team from top to bottom. No cohesion with offense and defense. Special teams was a complete afterthought. Embarrassing...

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Then what was Troy talking about?

Thought the same thing when i read this - someone is incorrectly informed or stretching things a bit - they suggested during game broadcast that a signed contract would have been a huge relief to Dak AND a catalyst for the team - bit of a stretch but VERY difficult to tell where truth stands with this team. I don't know what the philosophy rifts within coaching staff are either - are there any - how much did that contribute (I hate the zone D, and the conservative versus creative play-calling on both sides of the ball seemed SO inconsistent and strange this year!).

Sydla

Reaction score

And that's why you don't hire friends or players you are loyal to to be head coach.

Because you become emotionally involved and it stunts any ability to rationally make decisions. There is zero doubt that Jerry has allowed Jason to coach for nearly a decade despite zero real postseason success because he likes Jason, has become friends with Jason and feels Jason is someone he hand picked and invested in.

This is why you need a real GM. Not an owner who thinks he's a successful GM.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

Garrett is wildly popular with the players and with the report that Jerry will talk to the team about the coaching situation, I suspect Jerry is going to get a lot of positive feedback pro-Garrett.

That might be part of the problem, he might be too well liked.

gmb1

Reaction score

Excuse me while I drown at Joe Pool Lake. God I hope you're wrong.