Post Your Best Cowboys Memory With Family

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
When Staubach threw the Hail Mary to Drew Pearson, we all at first thought that Pearson had dropped it, all except my mom. She jumped up and down excited, screaming, "He caught it! He caught it!" We all were stunned in silence for a moment and then erupted into joyful shouting.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The first whole football game I ever watched was with my father. Him rooting for the Steelers and me rooting for the Cowboys in Super Bowl X. But one of my most memorable moments not only in football, but in my life as well, was sitting there with what would be my future wife watching Alvin Harper take that slant all the way to the 9 yard line against the 49ers. All those suffering Cowboys fans will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Yup, what a play! I knew then we would win. It erased the pain of the 1981 NFC Championship.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Watching Romo botch the snap against Seattle wasn’t the best game but family was over uncle took the right amount to not overdose but to pass out! My sister was out on bond and pregnant for a third time and what was special about that one was that she talked about keeping it just sucked it ended up being just talk. Step dad let me try his special cig during the game made laugh a lot for a 14 year old and my step dads girlfriend at the time flashed me her chest twins at halftime!
Edit:

I watched the game at a Texas Roadhouse with my Mom and that was about it :cool:

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Went to Tony Romo's first start with the wife. There was a woman that thought she told security on her kids being all over the place and she started to go after the woman when she cursed her.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Went to Tony Romo's first start with the wife. There was a woman that thought she told security on her kids being all over the place and she started to go after the woman when she cursed her.
I was at that game too. At the end it was all Cowboys fans and we were chanting “Romo TO” behind the Dallas bench and I had a neon green coat on. TO looked up and gave me a funny look.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
When Staubach threw the Hail Mary to Drew Pearson, we all at first thought that Pearson had dropped it, all except my mom. She jumped up and down excited, screaming, "He caught it! He caught it!" We all were stunned in silence for a moment and then erupted into joyful shouting.
I think yer' Mom's awesomeness has enshrouded some upon you Reverend? I think my mother had chosen the Denver Broncos to root for whenever that crap team was foisted upon us in league scheduled air time,back then,,,ya,dude! YER' MOM'S COOL:thumbup:

Number1

Reaction score
Afternoon fans I get into these moments when I want to share and read of your stories regarding our beloved Dallas Cowboys. I was thinking of how technology has really advanced from cable tv, to satellite tv, to streaming games on your mobile devices. There was a time when we didn't have this luxury. Some of my favorite moments of watching the Cowboys with my family involved my father and grandfather climbing on top of the house to turn an antennae a certain way to allow us to watch a game when it was blacked out in the local area due to it not selling out (other than that you would have to drive to Tyler or something). The joy of all the neighbors and other family members who were at our home screaming out the windows to let my father and grandfather know that they had the perfect reception, can't be explained with words.

when Lilly lit the cigar

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
That sir is my first memory of watching a Dallas Cowboys game ever and I was hooked from that point on. I was eight years old and have been Loyal ever since.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I think yer' Mom's awesomeness has enshrouded some upon you Reverend? I think my mother had chosen the Denver Broncos to root for whenever that crap team was foisted upon us in league scheduled air time,back then,,,ya,dude! YER' MOM'S COOL:thumbup:

Yeah, my mom's pretty cool. She's the reason the whole family are Cowboy fans. Neither she nor my Dad are original Texans. She's from upstate New York and he's from Kansas, but they moved to a small town near Dallas in 1960. She's the one who found out about the Cowboys in their inaugural season. My dad didn't even know Dallas had a team. She insisted that they watch the team whenever they could and even went to those early games at the Cotton Bowl. Yeah, I've got a cool mom. She and my dad are still with us in their 80s rooting for the Cowboys. Thanks for writing. It warms my heart to see another fan appreciate my mom.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I. Love. This. Thread.

Because for me, being a Cowboys’ fan is all about family. It’s about getting up early on Sunday with the kids, putting their jerseys on them (and jerseys on the dogs too!) and making those star shaped blue pancakes. It’s about those awesome Cowboys’ earrings my wife puts on and firing up the grill to get the ribs going. Then of course it’s about all of us together on the couch screaming our heads off, high fiving after every first down and those family hugs after a game winning drive.

I have so many great family-related Cowboys’ memories! But the best ones honestly are always on Thanksgiving.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
OK, so mine is a bit different.

I don't live in Texas and I had never, ever been to a Cowboys game. In fact, I had only ever been to ONE NFL game before; a Broncos-Browns game at old Mile High. But when Jerry World was about to open, I promised myself that I would attend a game at Texas Stadium in it's final year and also at Cowboys Stadium (before the AT&T deal). I asked my wife, my daughter, and all of my three sons if any of them wanted to go to the games with me. All declined. None were particularly into football. Time passed and I somehow pulled off the impossible: I scored a ticket to the last Cowboys game ever at Texas Stadium and the first Regular Season game at the Deathstar. (note: I found out later that SINGLE tickets are fairly easy to get) Sadly, we lost both games, but I took lots of pictures and I made memories. I remember being amazed at seeing a Ford car lot and water features on the third floor. I cherish the memory of the look on my wife's face as I described, and showed pictures of, the "cage dancers" in the end zones at Jerry World. She had been a Pom Pom Girl (NOT a cheerleader) in High School and this was the pinnacle of that art form. Since then, my wife and youngest son have become rabid Cowboys fans. I remind them every now and then that they had a chance to be a part of history and they passed.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Winning the super bowl.
This will always be the greatest moment. I have witness 3 of them and for the ones that haven't gotten that experience I'm sorry for them. Being able to say we are the champs and rubbing it in to the haters face is so wonderful. Even before the 90s being able to see us in the NFC championship was a great feeling.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
As a kid watching my dad agonize over winning one game in 89 to watching numerous Super bowl wins is something that I'll never forget.

I've been to a lot of Cowboy's games. I was in Charlotte for Tony Romo's first career start and remember thinking to myself that we had no chance with him starting before the game. I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome to say the least.

I reckon my fondest memory despite all of the good times was a game in 89'. My dad, grandfather, his friend and I drove to Atlanta to watch us play the Falcons. I was seven years old and remember them handing my dad a Falcons pin at the gate that he immediately threw on the ground and stomped on. I promptly did the same thing. I remember Troy Aikman throwing a long touchdown pass and me asking my dad who caught it. He looked at me and said Michael Irvin baby.

We got up on them by a couple of scores but they ended up winning at the end. For some reason I just had a feeling then that we'd be good down the line.

Skybox22

Reaction score
Afternoon fans I get into these moments when I want to share and read of your stories regarding our beloved Dallas Cowboys. I was thinking of how technology has really advanced from cable tv, to satellite tv, to streaming games on your mobile devices. There was a time when we didn't have this luxury. Some of my favorite moments of watching the Cowboys with my family involved my father and grandfather climbing on top of the house to turn an antennae a certain way to allow us to watch a game when it was blacked out in the local area due to it not selling out (other than that you would have to drive to Tyler or something). The joy of all the neighbors and other family members who were at our home screaming out the windows to let my father and grandfather know that they had the perfect reception, can't be explained with words.
I was 6 years old in 1971 and back then if you remember (if you're old enough) on Sunday the tv guide use to have the two teams helmet's and the players listed. In my case I lived in Davie, Florida so my step-father was a big Dolphin's fan. But I never seen a Cowboys helmet. I really didn't care who was playing. As long as he was happy it was good (he was a cool guy). Anyway, the Super Bowl was on and everybody was asking their friends who they thought would win and everybody was a little nervous being Dolphin fans. Then I saw that DAMN helmet and they stupidly asked me what I thought. For some odd reason I was scared for all the Dolphin fans in the room and I told them "that team with the star on the helmet." Me, my mom and my sister have been rabid Cowboys fans ever since.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
For me, it was the first and only Cowboy game I ever went to. The 1990 season opener against the Chargers. This was Emmitt Smith's first game and the Cowboys were coming off the 1-15 season. I went to the game with low expectations but was so excited to see Emmitt run. There was such a buzz in the stadium when he got into the game, but he only carried the ball a couple of times. Tommy Agee and Timmy Smith got the bulk of the carries and Aikman had a beautiful touchdown pass in the corner of the endzone where we were sitting. Cowboys won a close one 17-14 and we knew at that point things were changing.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I have a framed picture of that moment signed by Drew. It had a certificate with it but I Had to have it checked and it was worth the money. It's legit.