Potential HC Replacements

timb2

Reaction score
If you ask me the real problem is that there aren't any Asian babes on the Cowboys cheerleading squad.
They are getting better at it. They have Yuko

sfb3us9ydgvrb8d822hz.jpg

yuko

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh God...
It's going to be Kitna, isn't it?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Who wants to coach this circus? Anyone worth anything won't want to.

You might be surprised.

First, the team is not a circus. It is underachieving and losing but that is because of a rash of injuries, poor scheme and gameday management. The players are not quitting, mutinying, or making the police blotter. You are not reading about a bunch of anonymous players, executives, and coaches leaking crap to save their own butts or undermine others. A circus to me is like we were in Wade's last two years or in SF the year before and after Harbaugh left. This is just a losing streak.

Further, this team has a lot to appeal to any incoming coach.

The roster is talented. Sure there are holes at DT and S but you look at the other position groups and there is a bevy of good young talent that works and plays hard. Any incoming coach is not going to struggle to get guys to come in and work.

The scouting department does a good job of identifying talent and the front office puts up the frontside cash to retain it. Any incoming coach doesn't have to worry about finding prospects or keeping them.

Every facility and venue is top notch and the brass is willing to pay whatever it takes to maintain that. From the training and teaching facilities to the stadium it is all elite.

I get that it is a popular meme to paint Jerry as a drunken buffoon but that is media driven sour grapes. When you get quotes from their peers about them they say the opposite of that. I'll take the opinion of HoF types like Holmgren or Parcells over the mediots every single day and you can bet that most people actually in top level football feel the same way.

Now of course a high profile type would require concessions as to control and power but it wouldn't be the first time the front office has done that. Bill Parcells had zero ties to the organization beyond coaching the enemy before the Joneses made accommodations to get him in.

And then of course this is the Dallas Cowboys. This is not Cleveland or Tennessee. There is no higher prestige that winning with this club. The guy that brings the Lombardi back to Dallas will end up a legend. That means a lot for these guys who all have ego to spare.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Because he .....because they......because we....just let me think ok. Honestly I think it would be more of a Gruden type situation. We can trade for him. I think he is available for the right price.
I rather not trade for any coach and lose draft capital. unless its trading for bilicheck...then I will give up and entire draft.....I may give up a 1st for payton. carroll, maybe a 2nd.....nobody else, specially zimmer is worth much draft capital...or maybe just a 6th or 7th round pick

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
I have little interest in discussions of rants, reactionary diatribe, or whining. I like discussing solutions.

What potential HC are out there that would upgrade the team? Keep in mind that this is still the Cowboys with all that entails. Your neophyte prodigy might not be as good of an idea as one may think.

I really have no idea about the college ranks but would love to see what people have in mind.

New England protege,preferably defense