Twitter: Practice squad DT Carl Davis name to watch in light of Hankins injury

blueblood70

Reaction score
Something is giving me this gut feeling that we may strike again with Carl Davis stepping In as the next man up due to hankins injury , just like bland had to do and bell.. Dude is 6’5 340 bruh And he has that un coachable relentless motor to him .. Hope we call him up for the buffalo game and causes havoc
:flagwave:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hope so, maybe there's a logical reason we aren't looking outside.

Hes 32 though, so we'd be fortunate if he can be a good bandaid.

My greatest and probably most unlikely hope is that Mazi plays his way into legitimacy
what does age really matter when we're discussing getting somebody off the street to help like a SUH??

I mean isn't he up there in age but hey, guys on our practice squad we could just bring them right up stick them right in let's see what the big dude can do. I mean I'm not sure why they don't at least bring suh in for a visit and talk to him... See what he wants see what he's willing to play for and we are a contender...

blueblood70

Reaction score
7 teams in 9 years

If you want to convince yourself this guy is a find, so be it. But he hasnt been what you are hoping he is going to be
and how many teams did Brandin cooks play for and now Hopkins, Amari Cooper, OBJ, and Von Miller.. hmm how many team gilly play for 3? Here's a better example how about Joshua dobbs, how many teams have he played for and I know it's not a long term solution but he's done a little bit everywhere he's been that's the type of player you never know for a handful of games can help you out...

I mean there's more players that move around that doesn't mean that they can't help a team... I mean I realize that different situation but still don't poo poo a guy because he moves around that don't mean he can't help literally all we need is a big dude in the middle that can occupy some space and be a little bit better than our rookie...

Creeper

Reaction score
Hankins got hurt on the first series of the second half and the defense did not collapse. In fact, they did pretty good against the run overall. But they will have to bring up a body to take some snaps I am sure.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hankins got hurt on the first series of the second half and the defense did not collapse. In fact, they did pretty good against the run overall. But they will have to bring up a body to take some snaps I am sure.
Yes and Dan Quinn's defense I agree that they don't use the nose tackle very often... I'd say less than 50% without looking it up..

Carson

Reaction score
Too bad we can’t bring back Big Bo! He is on the Lions practice squad. But he likely is being protected with McNeill out

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
4 elevations so sounds like just about perfectly timed with Hankins return and you don't expose anyone to waivers.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
and how many teams did Brandin cooks play for and now Hopkins, Amari Cooper, OBJ, and Von Miller.. hmm how many team gilly play for 3? Here's a better example how about Joshua dobbs, how many teams have he played for and I know it's not a long term solution but he's done a little bit everywhere he's been that's the type of player you never know for a handful of games can help you out...

I mean there's more players that move around that doesn't mean that they can't help a team... I mean I realize that different situation but still don't poo poo a guy because he moves around that don't mean he can't help literally all we need is a big dude in the middle that can occupy some space and be a little bit better than our rookie...
Ya but those guys are stars. Davis has been a scrub his whole career lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
He's an experienced run stopping DT. Even if he's not Hankins, you just need him to give you 15-17 snaps of solid play inside. Buffalo has a solid running game so he will be needed Sunday.
He also presents strengths and use alternatives not seen before with him which can set up normally simplified technique applications. If he does have some current talent it becomes interesting for us fans. The coaches have a firm grasp of what the exchange of talents mean.

Praxit

Reaction score
....IF im Davis, I would be thinking. "Second chances dont come often"

Go out there and ball. Make it happen for yourself. Then you get paid and have real job.