Twitter: Practice squad DT Carl Davis name to watch in light of Hankins injury

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Why isn't he used with other tackles in the Eagles' tush push?
They aren't carrying 3 NT on game days.
All that tush pushing got Philly beat by 20....
Quickness to chase Hurts down all game made a bigger difference than his handful of short yardage 1st downs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They aren't carrying 3 NT on game days.
All that tush pushing got Philly beat by 20....
Quickness to chase Hurts down all game made a bigger difference than his handful of short yardage 1st downs.
Not the point directed at...

The tush push can be beat with the two largest players on both sides of the center and driving forward together...added to a pair of players of 300+ players outside gapped to them. It then becomes a rugby scrum and who ever pushes from behind that, is not moved.

That's the point when the Eagles are within 2 yards. They will still achieve plenty of those.

One game does not set standard for the Eagles.

RandyOh

Reaction score
All he has to do is occupy blockers and make sure hes not blown off the line most snaps. He will do. Dude is massive and strong.

quickccc

Reaction score

i would not be surprised if Cowboys push Davis to active roster ...and deactivated someone like Gallimore or Gholston.

Assured vet backup 1 tech.

It's time to see if first rounder Mazi is developed and coached up enuff -at this late point of the season - to fill in
adequately for his mentor Hankins.
And Davis should provide vet experience and size to spell Mazi or Osa.

Carson

Reaction score
i would not be surprised if Cowboys push Davis to active roster ...and deactivated someone like Gallimore or Gholston.

Assured vet backup 1 tech.

It's time to see if first rounder Mazi is developed and coached up enuff -at this late point of the season - to fill in
adequately for his mentor Hankins.
And Davis should provide vet experience and size to spell Mazi or Osa.
No need to yet. He gets 3 free call ups. Washington game likely doesn’t mean much so Hank can rest until the playoffs

_sturt_

Reaction score
Washington game likely doesn’t mean much
Too many people talking like that... feels like the football gods are gonna wanna play with our heads, and make that game a must-see. Dunno. Maybe I'm just lettin my paranoia get the best of me, but there truly are any number of ways that PHI could end up opening the door for us to walk thru, and making that game pivotal.

Carson

Reaction score
Too many people talking like that... feels like the football gods are gonna wanna play with our heads, and make that game a must-see. Dunno. Maybe I'm just lettin my paranoia get the best of me, but there truly are any number of ways that PHI could end up opening the door for us to walk thru, and making that game pivotal.
Commanders play Rams, Jets, 49ers, Dallas. They likely win maybe 1 more game. They aren’t losing a top 7 pick for a cheap win

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah I'm hoping against hope we see more out of Mazi with an expanded role.
you know i've said this many times they call this dude bust that's laughable given the fact that jordan davis a 13th overall pick at NT didn't do much his rookie year either...hes just now coming along, the expectations for all draft picks to make immediate impacts is fan issue ,coaches say hes fine im good..

Reactions: CWR

tunahelper

Reaction score
Would be nice if our first round pick was one to watch but he’s been a complete jag.
Really disappointing when the 1st round pick cannot pass rush or hold the point against the run.

Why was he a 1st round pick again?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
They didn't even bother to put Mazi in on the QB sneaks last week. :laugh: Even with Hankins going down, only in for 13 plays, and he lost almost every rep.

Have never seen anyone get off the ball as slow as him. It's incredible.