Twitter: Practice squad DT Carl Davis name to watch in light of Hankins injury

CWR

Reaction score
what does age really matter when we're discussing getting somebody off the street to help like a SUH??

I mean isn't he up there in age but hey, guys on our practice squad we could just bring them right up stick them right in let's see what the big dude can do. I mean I'm not sure why they don't at least bring suh in for a visit and talk to him... See what he wants see what he's willing to play for and we are a contender...
I only mention it because it makes it a lot less likely he has unrealized potential. At the age of 32 he probably is what is had been, and declining.

If he was a younger guy you never know what these coaches can develop.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I only mention it because it makes it a lot less likely he has unrealized potential. At the age of 32 he probably is what is had been, and declining.

If he was a younger guy you never know what these coaches can develop.
i prefer to stay positive and realize DQ doesn't use ose tackles more than 50% of the game snaps and we will be fine with the PS guy plus Mazi in an expanded role..,, over Suh..nice to see what he might want and get him in for visit but il trust DQ and MM to say they believe they will be fine.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
i prefer to stay positive and realize DQ doesn't use ose tackles more than 50% of the game snaps and we will be fine with the PS guy plus Mazi in an expanded role..,, over Suh..nice to see what he might want and get him in for visit but il trust DQ and MM to say they believe they will be fine.
Yeah I'm hoping against hope we see more out of Mazi with an expanded role.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I hate Suh...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Quinn wants two of these guys (along with Mazi) on his game day roster. He likes to keep their snaps down because they wear down. Davis will be someone to go with Mazi.
There are defensive ends that can move inside as well. I don't mind a mix with Davis and Mazi Smith.

Praxit

Reaction score
..one thing about Davis, he's huge dude.

So that alone will plug the hole. If on occasion get pressure and tackle in backfield, great.

Hanky problem solved for now.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Would have thought we'd have heard something today about how Hankins' MRI turned out. Everything on twitter that I'm seeing reported appears to just be repeating what had already been reported yesterday. Has anyone heard anything on 105.3? I'm out of market.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I remember hoping to get him in the third round before the Ravens did in his draft class. He just needs to take up two olinemen, if he can do that he can do his job. We have enough horses that get to the qb.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I remember hoping to get him in the third round before the Ravens did in his draft class. He just needs to take up two olinemen, if he can do that he can do his job. We have enough horses that get to the qb.
Like your moniker.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Is it even remember seeing him in the game like that. I definitely don’t hear his name: I’m have to go check the snao counts
He came on late last year, but really hasn't done much this year. Hope for another late-season surge by him in that 5-tech/3-tech role. But probably one of the reason we're hearing less about him is because of Odig is playing. Can't take him off the field much on those earlier downs, and we mainly use our pass rushers at the DL spots on clear passing downs.

_sturt_

Reaction score

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Something is giving me this gut feeling that we may strike again with Carl Davis stepping In as the next man up due to hankins injury , just like bland had to do and bell.. Dude is 6’5 340 bruh And he has that un coachable relentless motor to him .. Hope we call him up for the buffalo game and causes havoc
A relentless motor, fresh, and getting a chance to play again.
That's a good spec sheet to briefly fill in as Big Man in the Middle. Should give us all he has to give while he's back in the game.