Practice tweets: Randle on sideline consulting with trainer - 08/10/15

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
If Free goes down for any significant amount of time, I'd rather have Collins take his place over Weems. I'd rather have our 5 best on the field. I know Collins is competing with Leary for the LG job and Weems is getting all the snaps at RT, but our best 6 are the starting 5 plus Collins, and after that it's not even close. It would be a tragedy to have anyone other than those 6 on the field for a long stretch of games.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All I want is our veterans to be healthy for week 1. I have no interest in them even playing in preseason. This is a time for players to knock off rust or for younger players to develop.

All our veterans still have a whole lot to prove before we get to week 1

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

These daily competitions between great/elite talents on O-line and D-line is gonna make both units scary. Smith, Martin and Beard are already the best in the business. Leary, Collins and Free will get work too. Then you look at guys like T. Crawford, Hardy, Lawrence and even the rookie Gregory going toe-to-toe with these studs is just impressive. Watch out, NFL.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I was Randle I wouldnt feel secure about anyone starting VS SD other then Joe Randle. Even if its Gus Johnson

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I hope Corey White isn't a bust. I had high hopes for him. He has good size and versatility. But, then again, he doesn't have a proven track record in the NFL.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly right!

I guess some people want to keep everybody in bubble wrap and open it up and expect to just roll over the Giants in week one?

Particularly ar a position with no clear cut starter. Randle has the lead, but he has the lead because he is basically competing against air at this point and hasnt locked anything down yet.

So far Randles only real competion is people on the street and people on other rosters