Practice tweets: Randle on sideline consulting with trainer - 08/10/15

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Particularly ar a position with no clear cut starter. Randle has the lead, but he has the lead because he is basically competing against air at this point and hasnt locked anything down yet.

So far Randles only real competion is people on the street and people on other rosters

And 'air' has already taken out one of our running backs!

I guess it's a tougher competitor than I ever thought.

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Again, as long as these guys are ready for week 1, and I don't think there is any doubt they will be, I'm not worried about them bringing in anyone else. One of these running backs will be placed on the practice squad as well. I'm thinking Gus Johnson.

People love to freak out over nothing. If anything they are being smart with their players this year.

So you will be comfortable with this group of guys who aren't getting consistent reps? These aren't vets. Randle or Dunbar have no experience in being a big part of the run attack. Much different than just coming in for a few plays here and there.

Our RB position is a huge issue right now with talent and durability.

robjay04

Reaction score
I have a gut feeling Montee Ball will be on this roster sooner rather than later. A talented back but could be third string or a roster cut in Denver. I think he can be had for cheap and could be an upgrade over what we have now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a gut feeling Montee Ball will be on this roster sooner rather than later. A talented back but could be third string or a roster cut in Denver. I think he can be had for cheap and could be an upgrade over what we have now.

Welcome to the bandwagon!

keep-calm-and-jump-on-the-bandwagon-2.png

Doomsay

Reaction score
This is all day to day stuff. They're being held out as to not make it worse.

Garrett said it best, rather sit the guys for a few days rather than to put them out there and they have to sit for a few weeks.

Dunbar and Mcfadden are season to season stuff, as in, can't complete a _____. Fragile guys don't have day to day injuries, they are just perpetually injured.

Randle is an unknown starter and is already injured attempting to be one. Perhaps it's nothing, but there is also nothing behind him to count on.

Realty trumps myth.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
So you will be comfortable with this group of guys who aren't getting consistent reps? These aren't vets. Randle or Dunbar have no experience in being a big part of the run attack. Much different than just coming in for a few plays here and there.

Running backs don't need a ton of reps. One of the easiest positions to transition from college to pros, and it's more about developing their bodies, something that Dunbar and Randle have done. I'm not worried.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But yet everyone wanted a rookie to come in, step in and expect to get 1800 yards like Murray did.