Prayer Request Cowboy Nation

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Mods, I’m not sure where this should go, so I’ll let you decide.

Just this past week I was told there’s a 99% chance I have stage four cancer. It won’t be 100% determined until biopsies are done this coming week. They found 4-5 masses on my liver, one on my right kidney, and 1-2 others somewhere in my abdomen. The only reason I even went to the doctor was tenderness in my abdomen. I thought it might be a hernia or something else other than this. Treatment will be determined based on the biopsy results. Prayer works and I’d appreciate all I can get. Thanks!

Oh goodness, yes, prayers up

Xelda

Reaction score
Well, I’m sitting here getting my first chemo treatment . Uggg! One of many to come.
Another prayer went up for you this morning. Chemo takes a long time each visit so find a way to relax. I bought a tablet to play games on and had iTunes on my phone. Eventually I was able to relax and sleep through part of it. Find what works for you and go with it to pass that time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From your diagnosis to getting the port and your first treatment has been pretty streamlined, BB. Stand fast and focus on nutrition to help you beat down the side effects, which are more manageable today that when my wife went through it, and stay positive and do everything you can to help your body recover on the other side of the treatment. You can really help your own system handle the invasion of the cancer and the treatment.

It bears repeating, stay positive and try and smile as much as you can, especially at your fellow patients. We are stronger for ourselves when we are strongest for others. If you do not feel you have a large enough support group, use the services they provide and go to those meetings and bond with those people....strength in numbers.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Just this past week I was told there’s a 99% chance I have stage four cancer. It won’t be 100% determined until biopsies are done this coming week. They found 4-5 masses on my liver, one on my right kidney, and 1-2 others somewhere in my abdomen. The only reason I even went to the doctor was tenderness in my abdomen. I thought it might be a hernia or something else other than this. Treatment will be determined based on the biopsy results. Prayer works and I’d appreciate all I can get. Thanks!
Be praying for you sir!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Once again, I really appreciate all of the encouraging words. Believe me when I say they matter. I do not mean to toot my own horn, but I’m a very strong and positive person so I’m taking this situation head on. It’s really all you can do unless you just give up and that’s not me. With help from God Almighty, I’m going to give this everything I’ve got. It might not be enough in the end, but this disease will know it’s been in a battle. Bless you all and Go Cowboys!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score

Prayers sent Bourbon.

coult44

Reaction score

Wow, Cowboys brother I’ll be praying every day for you and your family. I went through this with my wife 6 years ago. Let me tell you something, they told us it was really bleak. It was like getting hit in the head with a sledge hammer over and over and over. And the. she fought her butt off and beat it. You can do this. It will be hard but whatever You do DONT STOP FIGHTING, BELIEVING, and PRAYING!!!

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Once again, I really appreciate all of the encouraging words. Believe me when I say they matter. I do not mean to toot my own horn, but I’m a very strong and positive person so I’m taking this situation head on. It’s really all you can do unless you just give up and that’s not me. With help from God Almighty, I’m going to give this everything I’ve got. It might not be enough in the end, but this disease will know it’s been in a battle. Bless you all and Go Cowboys!

Fight on man! :) Prayers up for you.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Hadn't seen this thread til now, good luck and God Bless....if you are a religious man, my brother is a big wig at the Vatican....he often prays for my friends in need......If you would like for him to do this, message me your name...if not, no worries...good luck, bro
I really appreciate it. I attempted to message you but it said I can’t start a conversation with you. Any idea why?