Prayer Request Cowboy Nation

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The tumor on my spine caused a compression fracture of my T12 vertebrae. I also have 3 bulging disks. Since I’ve never had any previous back issues, I can only assume they’re a result of the tumor. They’re probably going to radiate the spinal tumor. Thankfully the back,pain has gotten much better. How long that will last is unknown.
Sent you a PM.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The tumor on my spine caused a compression fracture of my T12 vertebrae. I also have 3 bulging disks. Since I’ve never had any previous back issues, I can only assume they’re a result of the tumor. They’re probably going to radiate the spinal tumor. Thankfully the back,pain has gotten much better. How long that will last is unknown.
As someone with arthritis in my mine, I can empathize. I'm glad it's getting better, and I hope the treatments get rid of the tumor completely.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lifting you up in my prayers during your treatments.

plymkr

Reaction score
Ok I'm jumping on this a little late in the thread but I'm definitely praying for you bro. I also am a Christian and relieved you are as well. Definitely be praying for you. I'll add you to my prayer list. It sucks you're going through this but know that you have God on your side and all of us are here for you too, so you are not alone. Gob Bless brother, I'll be praying for you and from reading this thread we all care about you and we're here for.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

You have a of people praying for you, keep up the fight and know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I received a call from my oncologist today ( never a good thing when they call). She said my CEA increased from 93 a couple of months ago to 232. Not the news you want to hear. She’s scheduled a CT scan for next Monday to see exactly what’s going on. Obviously the tumors have grown and/or spread. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Mods, I’m not sure where this should go, so I’ll let you decide.

Just this past week I was told there’s a 99% chance I have stage four cancer. It won’t be 100% determined until biopsies are done this coming week. They found 4-5 masses on my liver, one on my right kidney, and 1-2 others somewhere in my abdomen. The only reason I even went to the doctor was tenderness in my abdomen. I thought it might be a hernia or something else other than this. Treatment will be determined based on the biopsy results. Prayer works and I’d appreciate all I can get. Thanks!

Adding you to my list.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I received a call from my oncologist today ( never a good thing when they call). She said my CEA increased from 93 a couple of months ago to 232. Not the news you want to hear. She’s scheduled a CT scan for next Monday to see exactly what’s going on. Obviously the tumors have grown and/or spread. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see.
Oh damn, brother, that's hard. Wishing you the best of luck!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Continued healing prayers for you, hang in there keep fighting and stay positive.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Here’s a little update of my situation. My latest CT scan revealed growth in existing tumors and additional new ones. They discontinued the chemo treatment I’ve been going through over the past year since it’s not been effective, primarily because my cancer has mutated. I’m now taking a chemo pill called Stivarga. I take 4 a day for 21 days, skip 7 days, and start up a new 21 days. I’m currently on the second cycle of the pills. After the third cycle they’ll do another scan to see if the treatment has had any positive effect. If not, they will look at clinical trials. I had an appointment at the Vanderbilt Cancer Center this week. My oncologist there said there are two clinical trials that I’m a match for that start sometime after the new year. My guess is I’ll be put in one of those. It’s the last ditch effort when all else fails. That’s all I’ve got for now.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here’s a little update of my situation. My latest CT scan revealed growth in existing tumors and additional new ones. They discontinued the chemo treatment I’ve been going through over the past year since it’s not been effective, primarily because my cancer has mutated. I’m now taking a chemo pill called Stivarga. I take 4 a day for 21 days, skip 7 days, and start up a new 21 days. I’m currently on the second cycle of the pills. After the third cycle they’ll do another scan to see if the treatment has had any positive effect. If not, they will look at clinical trials. I had an appointment at the Vanderbilt Cancer Center this week. My oncologist there said there are two clinical trials that I’m a match for that start sometime after the new year. My guess is I’ll be put in one of those. It’s the last ditch effort when all else fails. That’s all I’ve got for now.

Please keep us updated, my friend.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Appreciate the update, BB... sorry to hear the latest round of chemo was not effective... continuing to pray for you, brother.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wish you the absolute best of luck, BB!!!

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Best of luck with the new treatment, BB!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stay positive and stay strong for this monster is not content just to attack the body but likes to play with the mind and steal what strength from there it can find.