Pre-Draft PC Jerry, Stephen and Jason at 1:00 CST 04/25

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Somebody should ask Jg if they see Ramsey as a safety.

they did. Jason said he sees him as equally good at both cornerback and safety. feeling I got from him talking is he wants him to be a cornerback.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
So, based off the responses in this thread... its still the same 3 guys? lol

I don't think that's true. Garrett absolutely fawned all over Ramsey. Jerry basically stood on the table for Zeke. Meanwhile they barely said anythingabout Bosa other than his character concerns wouldn't affect them. That press conference seemed to be Ramsey or Zeke to me.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If we go BPA, by all indications, Ramsey will be the pick if he's there. Just based off a few hunches, it does seem SD is not in love with Tunsil. They may take Ramsey to replace Weddle or they could trade with Miami, who would take Elliot, either way I think Ramsey is the prospect on our board. If SD takes Ramsey, then I think we'll take Elliot or trade down a spot or two then take Elliot.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't think we need to add a RB at all. Also says in theory we could evaluate any QB outside of Goff/Wentz.

Stephen doesn't think we "have" to do anything, at any position.

Thinks they can get a real impact player at 4, sounds like they would open to dealing the pick if its for a heist.

idk. it seemed like he was dancing around that so much..... I have a feeling he was trying too hard to hide what he truly felt. not sure, maybe it is me

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Reading between the lines, Stephen talked about how certain positions cost more in free agency if you need to get a guy there. Who just signed a 50 million dollar guaranteed contract this year? Norman. CB's are notoriously expensive in free agency. And we can get supposedly a great one on the cheap. Its Ramsey. Not to mention two of our CBs will be free agents next year. I didn't want him, but the pick will be Ramsey.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Jerry says he feels this team is closer to 12-4 than 4-12.
says the return of Dez, Romo, and Scandrick has alot to do with this thinking.

Ironically enough, 8-8 is right in the middle of the two, which is what we are from 2012 onward

The Natural

Reaction score
idk. it seemed like he was dancing around that so much..... I have a feeling he was trying too hard to hide what he truly felt. not sure, maybe it is me

yea he came back to it and said we could still take a RB. there were a few questions he said one thing then came back and said something different.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think that's true. Garrett absolutely fawned all over Ramsey. Jerry basically stood on the table for Zeke. Meanwhile they barely said anythingabout Bosa other than his character concerns wouldn't affect them. That press conference seemed to be Ramsey or Zeke to me.

Yep and I'd be happy with either one. The other hint Stephan threw out was "we do look at who's is going to be a free agent next year and it DOES factor into who we pick".Carr and Claiborne are both free agents next year . As are McFadden and Dunbar . That means they're looking at RB/CB.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like it is between Ramsey and Zeke and just from my feeling, to be fair the feed kept buffering so I might have missed some...It looks like if Ramsey is there he is the one.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I would say it is between Ramsey and Bosa, guess is they would prefer Ramsey, if he is there he is the guy IMO.

Been on Ramsey for months. This would make me happy. And I want Ramsey at safety. Feel it's silly some devalue the position. Perhaps 20 years ago I agree. Heck even 10 years ago.

But in today's pass happy league? Give me a break! Safeties are critical.