Game Day ****Pre-season Cowboys vs 49ers post game thread***

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I also think that we will be calling for the head of the OC by game 5 or 6....I understand that this is pre-season, but did any of y'all see ANY new wrinkles???

-----All you Mike White fans. LOL. He blows.

Damn....was I wrong about that draft pick....he sucks!!!
I don't think you do understand that it's preseason.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Well, that was worth the wait. Kinda disappointed the starters couldn't hang 7 on the 49er scrubs, even minus Zeke and Cooper.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
There is never anyone open in the endzone. Garrett’s offense just cannot operate in the red zone. 200+ yards in penalties given to you and you can only muster 9 points? A lot of people are going to have to adjust their projected 53man rosters. Weber isn’t very good. There will be 10+ RBs on the street after cutdowns that are better that him. Hyatt can’t block and Johnson can’t catch. Neither should make the team. And don’t get me started on Hill. Invisible doesn’t begin to describe his game tonight.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Didn't expect to see the full offense or for the team to give away any trade secrets, BUT I wanted to see some elements of this new creative Kellen Moore offense.

For past few years, apologists excused Moore's presence as him being "Linehan's guy"

Well, that was definitely Linehan's offense out there.
You know that will be the company line.

But our offense needs work on all things RZ. If you aren't going to try to work your offense in the preseason, when will you?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Didn't expect to see the full offense or for the team to give away any trade secrets, BUT I wanted to see some elements of this new creative Kellen Moore offense.

For past few years, apologists excused Moore's presence as him being "Linehan's guy"

Well, that was definitely Linehan's offense out there.
Nobody was asking him to throw all of his cards on the table.

But you mean to tell me that a play here or there was going to create a problem for teams figuring him out?

We saw the EXACT same TE-centric give up offense last year in the preseason.

No wonder we can't develop a QB. They are told to pass it to Witten, Tony.

Dre11

Reaction score
Let this be a lesson to you all.

Never. Ever. Ever, ever ever buy into the hype about this team.

There are a myriad of cases where the overhyped just completely did not show up.

If you were expecting the hype during the preseason....lol

Bizwah

Reaction score
There is never anyone open in the endzone. Garrett’s offense just cannot operate in the red zone. 200+ yards in penalties given to you and you can only muster 9 points? A lot of people are going to have to adjust their projected 53man rosters. Weber isn’t very good. There will be 10+ RBs on the street after cutdowns that are better that him. Hyatt can’t block and Johnson can’t catch. Neither should make the team. And don’t get me started on Hill. Invisible doesn’t begin to describe his game tonight.
Agree.

We seem to be the only team that can't get anyone open when we get in close. Either that or our QBs can't find the open guy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct.

It will be business as usual on Monday.

And most objective fans and even some non-Cowboys employed media have been saying this for a while. We absolutely should have brought in a kicker to compete with Maher this off-season. The FO wanted to be right. Also, the coaching staff has been working with these two back-up QBs for 2 years. They are just now going to realize they need to do something?

I mean, they absolutely should, but where is the self-scouting and accountability on this staff? Both coaching and personnel department.

Sydla

Reaction score
The red zone offense looked the same including our usual throw away fade or back shoulder pass that never seems to work.

doomsday808

Reaction score
Zeke be like....
TiredVerifiableArmedcrab-size_restricted.gif

Eanwen

Reaction score
Really disappointed with our backup receivers. Johnson gets open but has inconsistent hands.
Think Noah Brown makes this team over them.

Hill had hustle, but rarely made an impact against the 2nd and 3rd team OL.

Jelks and Jackson should be kept over Charlton IMO; someone needs to tell Marinelli that bootlegs are a thing.

Really not impressed with our 2nd string LB and DTs (the Covingtons were horrible against 2nd teamers IMO), although that one lb did get a pick and was active until he got hurt, which sucks.

Pollard looked good. I think Weber had some nice plays when he had decent blocking.