Game Day ****Pre-season Cowboys vs 49ers post game thread***

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If you were expecting the hype during the preseason....lol
Oh do please put a sock in it.

You know damn good and well if one of the hyped darlings had shown out, you would be all over it.

Now they all did, well basically zero, you are into "well, it is preseason" mode.

I will give you credit though. Your smug homer game is ready for the regular season.

Dre11

Reaction score
Didn't expect to see the full offense or for the team to give away any trade secrets, BUT I wanted to see some elements of this new creative Kellen Moore offense.

For past few years, apologists excused Moore's presence as him being "Linehan's guy"

Well, that was definitely Linehan's offense out there.

Why would they show anything especially with backups who don't get many reps.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
White has pocket awareness issues which looked even worse by bad backup offensive play. Not sure if that is fixable.

Blake

Reaction score
Garret is basically Captain Sobel without all the douchiness

Eanwen

Reaction score
I also think that we will be calling for the head of the OC by game 5 or 6....I understand that this is pre-season, but did any of y'all see ANY new wrinkles???

-----All you Mike White fans. LOL. He blows.

Damn....was I wrong about that draft pick....he sucks!!!

Cowboys showed hardly any pre snap motion in the first half, so maybe that's by design? Still you'd hope for better results than this. Other teams play vanilla in pre season as well, but still score.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they are not nearly as deep as they would lead u to believe they don't have much

I don't think you can judge the depth of any team as 2nd team against 3rd team, or 2nd team against 1st team, or 2nd again 2nd or whatever combo.

The depth is more when a starter or 2 is out. then a 2nd team player steps in, they can still play good because of the other starters around them.

But 2 to field a team of all 2nd or 3rd team players with no gamer plan, you can only judge the individual players on doing what they are supposed to do. in their assignments.

Reactions: CWR

Fire407

Reaction score
The Rams have said that they are sitting their starters the whole preseason. They don't care about winning a single preseason game. They just want everyone healthy for the regular season. The Cowboys starters should have no problems getting points against the Rams second team next week, but then I would have thought they they would have gotten a TD against the niners scrubs.

Dre11

Reaction score
Oh do please put a sock in it.

You know damn good and well if one of the hyped darlings had shown out, you would be all over it.

Now they all did, well basically zero, you are into "well, it is preseason mode".

I will give you credit though. Your smug homer game is ready for the regular season.

No only fools like you get hyped or whine about back ups in preseason, what's funny about you haters is you run and hide when the team win like cowards.

endersdragon

Reaction score
We were ahead when the 1st team left the game, we were ahead when the 2nd team left the game, I don't give a damn how our 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. team did, especially considering it was against CJ Beathard has game day experience (and wasn't entirely bad last year).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah Hyatt was supposedly a great UDFA signing.

He can't play.

I said from right after they signed him as some pumped him up and had him on the team. I will wait to see him play, but feel he is practice squad at best for now.

HungryLion

Reaction score
White has pocket awareness issues which looked even worse by bad backup offensive play. Not sure if that is fixable.

If given the time. I think it may be. I think the bigger concern is, when he did have time. He still
Missed throws that he should have made and he lacks athleticism.

He was supposed to have a powerful arm that could throw ropes. I didn’t see that even when he had the chance to do it.

Blake

Reaction score
No only fools like you get hyped or whine about back ups in preseason, what's funny about you haters is you run and hide when the team win like cowards.

Where were you in the game threads?
Hmmm....?

Dre11

Reaction score
The Rams have said that they are sitting their starters the whole preseason. They don't care about winning a single preseason game. They just want everyone healthy for the regular season. The Cowboys starters should have no problems getting points against the Rams second team next week, but then I would have thought they they would have gotten a TD against the niners scrubs.

If you've been a cowboy fan, you know the cowboys don't care about winning in preseason either

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Why would they show anything especially with backups who don't get many reps.
Again, you're not going to give up your whole playbook, but the preseason is about putting guys in positions to execute your strategies. If you aren't doing that at all, what are you doing?

Hey Cooper, we didn't really like the way you ran last years offense so we're going to have to cut you. It's not us, it's you. Good luck.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak trying to throw pick 6s from the redzone on the pass that was deflected back to him. No attempt to read the defense, it was look right and throw

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
If given the time. I think it may be. I think the bigger concern is, when he did have time. He still
Missed throws that he should have made and he lacks athleticism.

He was supposed to have a powerful arm that could throw ropes. I didn’t see that even when he had the chance to do it.
I think he was already spooked after the pressure and hurried up all his throw. His time clock was messed up by the pressure, be it real or not.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Preseason plain vanilla. If you were expecting to see any of the new offense, you'll have to wait till the giants game.:thumbdown:

Dre11

Reaction score
Again, you're not going to give up your whole playbook, but the preseason is about putting guys in positions to execute your strategies. If you aren't doing that at all, what are you doing?

Hey Cooper, we didn't really like the way you ran last years offense so we're going to have to cut you. It's not us, it's you. Good luck.

There is no strategy in preseason...lol