Game Day ****Pre-season Cowboys vs 49ers post game thread***

Blake

Reaction score
Dak trying to throw pick 6s from the redzone on the pass that was deflected back to him. No attempt to read the defense, it was look right and throw

Nailed it. That's why you're analyzing from your couch, and Dak is actually out there playing the position.
I'm sure Romo NEVER had a deflected pass.

Sydla

Reaction score
Again, you're not going to give up your whole playbook, but the preseason is about putting guys in positions to execute your strategies. If you aren't doing that at all, what are you doing?

Hey Cooper, we didn't really like the way you ran last years offense so we're going to have to cut you. It's not us, it's you. Good luck.

And in this case, with a new OC who has never called plays before, it probably is smart to let him show a bit more and get a feel for the flow of games, etc.

Hopefully with the next two games they show more as starters will probably play more.

CWR

Reaction score
The Rams have said that they are sitting their starters the whole preseason. They don't care about winning a single preseason game. They just want everyone healthy for the regular season. The Cowboys starters should have no problems getting points against the Rams second team next week, but then I would have thought they they would have gotten a TD against the niners scrubs.

Well it was kind of our starters. We had Dak for about 5 plays, no Zeke, and no Coop. Did Witten play? I had a hard time watching it with kids and dogs and everyone else in front of the tv.

Fontaine

Reaction score
Zeke be like....
TiredVerifiableArmedcrab-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, he would of made the 3rd stringers look great....

fishspill

Reaction score
Really disappointed with our backup receivers. Johnson gets open but has inconsistent hands.
Think Noah Brown makes this team over them.

Hill had hustle, but rarely made an impact against the 2nd and 3rd team OL.

Jelks and Jackson should be kept over Charlton IMO; someone needs to tell Marinelli that bootlegs are a thing.

Really not impressed with our 2nd string LB and DTs (the Covingtons were horrible against 2nd teamers IMO), although that one lb did get a pick and was active until he got hurt, which sucks.

Pollard looked good. I think Weber had some nice plays when he had decent blocking.
I think Jackson looked especially good at DE. Like to see him get reps against 1s next game.

Fire407

Reaction score
Well it was kind of our starters. We had Dak for about 5 plays, no Zeke, and no Coop. Did Witten play? I had a hard time watching it with kids and dogs and everyone else in front of the tv.
I think Zeke would have made a difference. You would sure like to see that first drive end with a TD.

Reactions: CWR

Dre11

Reaction score
And in this case, with a new OC who has never called plays before, it probably is smart to let him show a bit more and get a feel for the flow of games, etc.

Hopefully with the next two games they show more as starters will probably play more.

He doesn't need to show anything to get in a flow, he can get enough just calling plays

lonestar2288

Reaction score
I have no problem with 2nd and 3rd string guys getting their time in. That's what preseason is for. I don't care for the coaching staffs manilla approach offensively. How can you properly evaluate the bubble guys when you show absolutely no offensive imagination. It's been a Garrett trademark for years

InTheZone

Reaction score
Nailed it. That's why you're analyzing from your couch, and Dak is actually out there playing the position.
I'm sure Romo NEVER had a deflected pass.
go watch the replay, that was a pick 6 waiting to happen if the ball went where he was throwing

Carson

Reaction score
Preseason plain vanilla. If you were expecting to see any of the new offense, you'll have to wait till the giants game.:thumbdown:

I mean, it would be nice to score another touchdown at least. The last preseason one was week 2 last season