Game Day ***Pre-season Cowboys vs Bengals post game thread***

Them

Reaction score
...For those of you who watched the both pre-season games of the Cowboys recently... especially the 3rd and 4th qrtrs; This if for you!
L4pJ3iO.gif

HungryLion

Reaction score
I disagree except I think the passing game wins supported by an efficient running game. It's a matter of degree only.

I think the passing game will be solid too.

I just don’t understand why so many people are in freak out mode when the cowboys have one of the best OL and an MVP level RB. No matter what they think about the QB and the receivers. An OL and RB combo that good is going To keep you in games.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Green I was expecting to be let-down, but Fleming? He's been decent in the past.

I don't expect Ward to make the team.
Ward and Ealy have been a disappointment even though they were reclamation projects.

Yes, Fleming has the ability but has not lived up to it thus far.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Looks like most picked cowboys to win, but our bkups or lower level guys just are not very good.
dallas got beat 21-3 in 2nd half.
40 passes, 23 runs, hope that isnt a trend in reg season.
10 runs 25 passes with rush and white in.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think the passing game will be solid too.

I just don’t understand why so many people are in freak out mode when the cowboys have one of the best OL and an MVP level RB. No matter what they think about the QB and the receivers. An OL and RB combo that good is going To keep you in games.
People like to freak out lol.
about our run game, 2 things,
1.if other team has a good run defense, they can shut down our run game enough so we have to
pass good to win.
2. depends on how many times we run per game and how many times we pass.
are we balanced or run more or pass more?

I would like to see us run more than pass, but I have a feeling they will wind up trying to pass more than run.
They have new wr's and tavon, so they will want to use them to the detriment of the run game.
They said more passes to elliot as well .
No way to know what they will do ,but I think they will quickly go to passing especially if other team shuts down
elliot early.

These PS games dont reveal much, we just have to wait and see what happens the first few real games.
I have no idea what they will do or whether they will win games early in season, they could be anything from real bad
to real good.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
To me the two big negatives to the game was the play of the OT's (Fleming & Green) which made evaluating the QB's very difficult because they were under constant duress.

And the tackling in the secondary after half-time... The tacking went from sure in the first half to abysmal. It was just awful.
well the coaches had to see that , yet did nothing to help block the edge rushers, just like atlanta game !
All they had to do was have a te and or rb stay in to help block those edge rushers not just a chip but stay to block..
That would give qb time to throw, the way it was it was pointless.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well the coaches had to see that , yet did nothing to help block the edge rushers, just like atlanta game !
All they had to do was have a te and or rb stay in to help block those edge rushers not just a chip but stay to block..
That would give qb time to throw, the way it was it was pointless.

That's a valid point, BUT Fleming and Green have been in the NFL for a few years now... Fleming started in the SB, you would think they could handle 3rd & 4th stringers without help.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's a valid point, BUT Fleming and Green have been in the NFL for a few years now... Fleming started in the SB, you would think they could handle 3rd & 4th stringers without help.
Yes but at some point our coaches should know they cant, they risked white and rush getting hurt by just letting it go.
I think marcus said he saw in tc that green had lost his confidence and wasnt playing good.
and he saw early on he was just going to keep getting beat.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes but at some point our coaches should know they cant, they risked white and rush getting hurt by just letting it go.
I think marcus said he saw in tc that green had lost his confidence and wasnt playing good.
and he saw early on he was just going to keep getting beat.

Both tackles required help, if you need to help both, well you might as well not run any pass plays because your pass options are going to be greatly curtailed because everyone is staying in to pass block.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Both tackles required help, if you need to help both, well you might as well not run any pass plays because your pass options are going to be greatly curtailed because everyone is staying in to pass block.
well 1 te isnt going to change much or a rb, and better to have a chance to throw, and being sacked or hit quickly.