Predict 2018-19 Cowboy win-loss record?

OldJarhead

Reaction score
I'm looking at the teams that the 'Boys are scheduled to play in 2018 and I suppose they MAY be able to beat the 'Skins, 'Bucs, Colts, Lions and Titans, but other than that? Find it funny so many are predicting 10+ wins. I realize #21 will be back for a full season, but with #4 under center, I have ZERO confidence in this offense. Just remember what teams did to this offense the second time they saw them in 2016. #4 looked pathetic against opponents that had played them previously that year. As far as a won/loss record for 2018. I'm going with wins against the 'Skins (1-1), the Colts and the 'Bucs. They lose the rest of their games and finish 3-13 with the second pick in the following draft.

cowboysdude

Reaction score
I used to say I needed to see the preseason first but then that doesn't matter anymore. With the puppet at the helm it really doesn't matter. I know it's not been popular but getting rid of Romo was HUGE mistake. I know the man couldn't stay on the field but he is intelligent and he had Dak's ear... He's a FAR better coach then the puppet and despite being handicapped with him when we had Romo we won games we never should have won... so even if not on the field he could have helped Dak. To me Dak believed the hype about him....and he certainly didn't look ready for last season.

I'm thinking 8-8/9-7

jsb357

Reaction score
10-6 barring major suspension or injury.

just enough to extend Garret another decade or so.

jay94

Reaction score
With our free agency so far I now have moved down to two games with in 7-9 from 8-8 big move I know, just closer to where we belong I guess, mediocrity.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I hate 8-8 or 9-7...if its not 11-5 or better than i like 2-14....i have had my hopes dashed so many times....its caused PTSD

I agree. I don't like records such as 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 (unless 9-7 gets us in the playoffs :)). If we can't get at least a 10-6 record or better, I'd rather we tank and build more talent with high draft picks.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree. I don't like records such as 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 (unless 9-7 gets us in the playoffs :)). If we can't get at least a 10-6 record or better, I'd rather we tank and build more talent with high draft picks.
mr Fboy---- yes i realize it sounds negative to want you team to tank if the team is not very successful...but i would rather have a coach like Philly...goes all in wins a super bowl and now in couple years contracts might decimate team...i am ok with that...own and manage and coach and play peddle to the metal i say...but Jerry has turned a 180 million dollar investment into a 4 billion dollar empire..but dont think he could have made that much without those 3 super bowls in 90's?....and Jerry always says we are close..right around the corner...to keep fans jacked up..but there recent over - conservative mindset in free-agency does not seem like..that ol Jimmy Johnson all in winners mentality?...more like playing not to lose..which to me is mediocre mindset not winners mindset..but hey i am only a fan and they are the pros

jay94

Reaction score
I'm looking at the teams that the 'Boys are scheduled to play in 2018 and I suppose they MAY be able to beat the 'Skins, 'Bucs, Colts, Lions and Titans, but other than that? Find it funny so many are predicting 10+ wins. I realize #21 will be back for a full season, but with #4 under center, I have ZERO confidence in this offense. Just remember what teams did to this offense the second time they saw them in 2016. #4 looked pathetic against opponents that had played them previously that year. As far as a won/loss record for 2018. I'm going with wins against the 'Skins (1-1), the Colts and the 'Bucs. They lose the rest of their games and finish 3-13 with the second pick in the following draft.

Fan sites of teams typically are homer flavored, just comes with the package.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
mr Fboy---- yes i realize it sounds negative to want you team to tank if the team is not very successful...but i would rather have a coach like Philly...goes all in wins a super bowl and now in couple years contracts might decimate team...i am ok with that...own and manage and coach and play peddle to the metal i say...but Jerry has turned a 180 million dollar investment into a 4 billion dollar empire..but dont think he could have made that much without those 3 super bowls in 90's?....and Jerry always says we are close..right around the corner...to keep fans jacked up..but there recent over - conservative mindset in free-agency does not seem like..that ol Jimmy Johnson all in winners mentality?...more like playing not to lose..which to me is mediocre mindset not winners mindset..but hey i am only a fan and they are the pros

Well, I am not someone who typically advocates for tanking. With that being said, I do not like the notion of being stuck near .500. What good does that do? Those sorts of records rarely get you to the playoffs (unless you get lucky with a wild card), and yet they prevent you from getting good draft picks. Therefore, in the words of Mercedez Benz, go for the best or nothing.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
dear fellow Cowboy hard core fans--- I know its early and we dont have all the pieces yet..amongst other

things...but if you had to make an accurate prediction of Dallas Cowboys final record in 2018-19 season

what would it be?....and why?

thanks gents
GORICO
10-6 . 2nd in NFC east. Loss in NFC Championship game to the Falcons. :(

DFWJC

Reaction score
shouldn't we least wait until after the draft and OTAs?

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
you know if we made it to championship game and did not get blown out...i would call it a good successful year....so you like Falcons?
No, I hate the falcons, but my luck is that we will lose to them.......;)

Dracula

Reaction score
Super Bowl win or Garrett's gone. Jerry is not getting any younger and Tom Herman is just down the road.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just for the record and future reference the NFL doesn’t label their season with split years like the NBA does.

This year will be the 2018 season and next year the 2019 season.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm looking at the teams that the 'Boys are scheduled to play in 2018 and I suppose they MAY be able to beat the 'Skins, 'Bucs, Colts, Lions and Titans, but other than that? Find it funny so many are predicting 10+ wins

The strength of schedule is based on the records of the teams you are going the play last year.

Which may or may not mean anything. Think teams that had the 2015 or 2017 Cowboys on their schedule had that as an easy win? No, based on 2014 and 2016 the Cowboys were going to be difficult to beat. But that's not how it turned out. 2014 Panthers were 7-8-1, the 2015 Panthers were probably thought of as an average game, but they went 15-1 and made the SB.

So predicting the Cowboys 2018 season should be done on what moves the team made, retirements, etc. not what other teams did or might do. Of course with the Cowboys you don't know if Dez will be there, how will Dak improve/not improve, will Gregory be back, etc. So it's still unsettled, and you'll have to make assumptions.

So here it is per my view:

Dak will get some better, won't be another Staubach or Aikman in their 3rd year, but he will improve.
Zeke will play all 16 games.
The offensive line will get settled in pre-season.
T. Smith will stay more healthy that last year.
The interior defensive line play will be better, resulting in better run defense.

10-6 is what I'm seeing. But if everything gels, then another 12-4 season is very doable. If there are lots of injuries, or T. Smith and/or Lee miss a lot of games, it could go 7-9.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Hoping they are some where around 11-5 but gut says they will end up 7-9 or 6-10. Schedule is brutal and Garrett's track record against good teams is poor. But if Garrett steps it up and gets better himself there is hope.