Predict Dak's Next Contract

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
5 year/$270M, $200M guaranteed. Basically $50M per year, released or traded in year 5.
You think Dak will accept that?? I'd imagine that's pretty much what Jerry would be offering.
3 year/$185m, $120m guaranteed (with us)... though the guaranteed amount is irrelevant as Jerry will never cut him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3 years/$170 million/$145 million guaranteed/a trade clause included in the new extension/signed by Jerry Jones

Thinking of editing the thread title to, "Predict Dak's Next Possible Contract." Currently, it is attracting members under the presumption Dak Prescott shall definitely receive another contract--which is almost a certainty but is understandably and automatically attracting some responses not outlined in the OP. In other words:

XPl4AZF.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm predicting 4 years, 216M with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares, as long as it is not with Dallas. :lmao::popcorn:

On the other hand...

Who cares, as long as they get to the NFCCG, but will that be good enough, as some then will say, he did not get us to the SB. Even though the defense could fail again as well. :popcorn:

Basically I am to the point, I don't care. I prefer he just play out his contract and go from there.
But to answer the question. Just a wild guess.
4 years $225 million, $75 million signing bonus, $200 million guaranteed, including the signing bonus.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's also going to insist on a short term to get back to the market ASAP.
I would def favor this if we extend him. IMO, it may be the best solution......keep him around for a couple more years while grooming his replacement. Similar to what the Packers did with Love and Rogers

reddyuta

Reaction score
I dont care,it wont be the Cowboys who will give him the next contract.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I thought they would be in the running for Henry, but they did sign 3 other backs.
Dude, stop.

3 other backs? They signed a guy they drafted who is way past it, they signed a guy who is a camp body, and I dont even know the name of the other one.

Please. Just stop.

rambo2

Reaction score
Dude, stop.

3 other backs? They signed a guy they drafted who is way past it, they signed a guy who is a camp body, and I dont even know the name of the other one.

Please. Just stop.
A free agent is a free agent. Take your medication.

rambo2

Reaction score
LOL. No it isnt. Its signing someone to sign someone. Its a waste of time.

I think you need your medication. Doesnt it get tiring constantly defending this FO?
How many times are you going to do this? Do you hate the front office, the qb, the players, and the team? The guy asked for predictions and I gave mine just like everybody else. I can't help it if you hate the Cowboys.

phildadon86

Reaction score
How many times are you going to do this? Do you hate the front office, the qb, the players, and the team? The guy asked for predictions and I gave mine just like everybody else. I can't help it if you hate the Cowboys.
I love the Cowboys. But not to the point that I will ignore that this FO this offseason has been making a mockery of it.

The GM didnt even know what the salary cap was at when he decided to tell everyone he was going "all-in"

Even you cant explain that one away.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I don't really care what he is paid.. either he is the answer at QB or he's not.

I'm not really into this "team friendly deal" stuff.
Can you elaborate at least?

I know youre a shock bot and this is all about shock value...

Are all the bots on this site with this hard core approach...do they think they would be employed long as GM's in the NFL? If so...what happens when players start to not want to play for you because of your hard core approach? Do you think you would still be employed?

I dont get it. Nothing about telling players "You arent Michael Jordan, I dont want you and I am not paying you" screams players would join your team in Free Agency. Nothing about taking advantage of rookie contracts screams players would want to flock to your team.

I am not saying your idea is wrong...Im saying it doesnt work like that...assuming all this is real.

There has been like 4 real deal QB's in the past 25 years. Youre going to waste the rest of your teams stars' career searching for Michael Jordan at QB? You'll lose the locker room and word will get out around the league that your Org is mismanaging.

Its the same thing every day around here. Shock comments and then side-stepping real issues that real GM's have to deal with.

Youre purposely not stating your stance. Youre not stating whether current QB market price is an issue at all....just that you arent into team friendly deals. You arent stating what your requirements are for "the answer" regarding QB's. Are they unrealistic requirements? How many "answers" are there in any particular year in the NFL to you?

Most comments around here leave the door open for "He aint Brady, Mahomes or hasnt won a SB...so I want a rookie contract"

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I like the Raiders prediction everybody is throwing out. I could definitely see the Raiders taking a flyer on him. He is perfect for them. A QB that will win you some games while you build up your roster, but will never put the team on their back and carry you through a great post-season.

3 year/$150 million

rambo2

Reaction score
I love the Cowboys. But not to the point that I will ignore that this FO this offseason has been making a mockery of it.

The GM didnt even know what the salary cap was at when he decided to tell everyone he was going "all-in"

Even you cant explain that one away.
Why go off on this on a simple prediction thread?