Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2-2 would be disappointing
3-1 my expectations
4-0 Dak or Marinelli for mayor

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll take a wild stab at 2-2. Two wins for Dak and two losses for the defense. One is very good, while the other is just plain poor.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
That brings up a point I wonder about, will JG tell him not to run with it? Or will they ok it or encourage it??
I want him to use the run, just do it safely slide to avoid hits, or run out of bounds.
If the defense is in an all out pass rush, if Dak can find a crack and take off, there will be open field , and that could defuse that pass rush if he takes off
a few times.
I dont really care for the zone read play, I would rather he drop back and just run to daylight.

my thoughts exactly, I don't want him to focus on running BUT if the opportunity is there, get the yards and slide.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
We'll probably lose to the Giants and Commanders. Partly because our defense is complete trash. We'll have to score 30+ points to be in the game. Probably won't happen.

We'll beat the bears and the niners. If we don't we'll compete for the worst record in the nfl and top 3 pick. Those are garbage teams from everything we've seen so far.

I think 2-2 is realistic.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Going to blow out NYG. They cannot prepare for what the Cowboys are going to run since no tape exists. Loss @Skins and win the other 2 games. 3-1.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
1-3

Dak struggles adjusting as any rookie would. This allows defenses to shut down the running game and the anemic offense can't sustain drives which puts the defense on the field for the majority of games and the opposing teams are able to put the games out of reach.

There are a multitude of overreaction threads calling Dak a fraud, a failure, and a bust. Much rueing takes place over crowning Dak too early and there's a lot of sentiment of "How did this happen? I thought Dak was the real deal!??"

Sadly, this. I'm hoping for 2-2 and will be jumping for joy if we go 3-1.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
3-1 This offensive line is dominating

Overall, they are dominant. But they can struggle in short-yardage situations if defenses don't respect the pass. It's not enough to the move the ball in the NFL, you need TDs. I could see those being hard to come by for us, until Romo gets back. I love what I've seen from Dak and think he has a chance to be a good starter eventually. But late 4th round picks don't come in and win football games; especially with a subpar defense.

MarkP88

Reaction score
2-2. Though what I care more about is getting clear evidence that Prescott can be our QB once Romo is officially done.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry said tonight , that the defense is better than last year and will surprise !! :flagwave:
Son said the same thing in a radio interview about the pass rush. I hope those hoping the acorn fell far from the tree aren't too disappointed.

From last season to the changes made this season, I don't see it. The only way they could surprise me would be to drive onto the field in one of those little clown cars and the entire defense pile out. But, very fitting for Booger's Big Top.

Now if'd he'd said if the defense is not better, I'll give every ticket buyer 25% of their purchase price back after each game, I'd pay attention to him but it's all just chin boogie and he's been wrong so many times, nobody expects him to be right. The one unit are that should be better is the secondary with Lord Byron at FS and Scandrick back but I am not counting on a lot of coverage sacks. That front 7 is flat scary and I don't mean to the opposition.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Overall, they are dominant. But they can struggle in short-yardage situations if defenses don't respect the pass. It's not enough to the move the ball in the NFL, you need TDs. I could see those being hard to come by for us, until Romo gets back. I love what I've seen from Dak and think he has a chance to be a good starter eventually. But late 4th round picks don't come in and win football games; especially with a subpar defense.

With Zeke and Zak's running ability it should help this offense in short yardage situations.

Also, Zak showed he is willing to keep the ball and throw it to Dez if the defense fills up the box when a run play is called and they leave Dez 1 on 1. He did it in the Miami game for a TD to Dez.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2-2. Though what I care more about is getting clear evidence that Prescott can be our QB once Romo is officially done.
Agree, that's really the focus now for me as well. I don't see a rookie QB having a lot of success with this defense. When Romo went down, my hopes for this season went into limbo and when he can return, I'll take that up again.

What's missing isn't Romo's arm, it's his mind. Anyone expecting Dak to be able to do that as a rookie is unrealistic, took Romo several years to get that down. Remember when the DCs would sucker him into audibles with phantom sets? I really don't think we have a clue just how mentally difficult the game is for a young QB.

My other reason for a 1-3 or even 0-4, is the coaching staff. They're going to have to turn me in an 180 because I don't think much of them. I think Romo is probably a better offensive coach than anyone we have. I'd have him up in then coach's box as the voice in Dak's ear like Dennis Quaid did for Jamie Foxx in "Any Given Sunday". If Romo's not available, get Quaid, he's played coaches and players in films. But don't get the brother, he'll be calling Statue of Liberty plays and Guard around's all game long.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
NYG terrible OL rebuilt defense W
Wash Not sure about OL or QB but skill position is stacked. Defense is bolstered by Norman and are @WAS L
Bears At about where we were in 2012-13 W
SF lost all their good defensive players. W

3-1

DandyDon52

Reaction score
NYG terrible OL rebuilt defense W
Wash Not sure about OL or QB but skill position is stacked. Defense is bolstered by Norman and are @WAS L
Bears At about where we were in 2012-13 W
SF lost all their good defensive players. W

3-1
Ok here are some stats from PS game 3 for the east teams, I couldnt get it for the eagles game as they never showed it during the game.
I only wanted the first half stats because that is with all starters, and teams trying to do their best, and I know it is not same as real game,
but does give a indication of the team.
1st NYG at end of Q 1
NYG_Q_1_STATS_001_50.jpg

@ end of 1st half
NYG_1_ST_HALF_STATS_04_YPC_AVG_NOT_PAST_50_001_50.jpg

The giants were awful They only got past the 50 1 time, but play was called back due to penalty, so they never got in jet territory, much less scored.
5 rush yards for the half pretty much says they dont have a run game? lol ypc avg was 0.04 !!
The giant defense may be better but the jet offense isnt that good, and fitz was playing bad after no TC.
so we should be able to beat the giants.