Predict Dallas W-L record 1st 4 games

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
1-3 but 0-4 is a distinct probability with a rookie QB that DC's will force games into his hands with 8 man fronts and our defense. If it's one thing I will take seriously about the pretend season was our tackling. To overcome this defense, the offense needs it's more experienced QB and to score 30+ a game.

This team, with a decent run game, won 1 game without QB1.

I hope all of the over the top Dakmania doesn't cause some to come undone when he shows how tough it is for rookie QBs in the NFL. It is true he's walking into a better offense than most experience but he's still a rookie and he still has to overcome that defense. Our own defense will put as much pressure on him as the opposition's.

I love this. Hey preseason doesn't matter. Except for the parts I didn't like.

RS12

Reaction score
I dont like their chances in Wash. 3-1 could happen but 2-2 is likely. They usually find ways to lose games they should win.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1-3 but 0-4 is a distinct probability with a rookie QB that DC's will force games into his hands with 8 man fronts and our defense. If it's one thing I will take seriously about the pretend season was our tackling. To overcome this defense, the offense needs it's more experienced QB and to score 30+ a game.

This team, with a decent run game, won 1 game without QB1.

I hope all of the over the top Dakmania doesn't cause some to come undone when he shows how tough it is for rookie QBs in the NFL. It is true he's walking into a better offense than most experience but he's still a rookie and he still has to overcome that defense. Our own defense will put as much pressure on him as the opposition's.
I think that as close as some of those games last year were, the difference between Dak and the guys we had at QB then would have been enough to win at least a few of them.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Ok it seems Dak will get at least 4 games, so I will be bold
and say 4-0 with Dak in 1st 4 games.
If they do lose one I would think it would be the first game.
4-0 and Romo continues to sit and mentor.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that as close as some of those games last year were, the difference between Dak and the guys we had at QB then would have been enough to win at least a few of them.
I don't think Dak is enough to overcome the defense and they will stack the box and force the game into his hands on the dink and dunk game. These DC's know what exactly what they have to do, stop the run.

The other issue is a lack of confidence in this offensive coaching staff to overcome the other DCs. Those guys that Booger & Son blamed last season, they're still here and at least for these first 4 games, the defense is worse until proven differently.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think Dak is enough to overcome the defense and they will stack the box and force the game into his hands on the dink and dunk game. These DC's know what exactly what they have to do, stop the run.

The other issue is a lack of confidence in this offensive coaching staff to overcome the other DCs. Those guys that Booger & Son blamed last season, they're still here and at least for these first 4 games, the defense is worse until proven differently.
You may be right about that. I'm just saying that I think he would have won a few of last year's games. Hopefully he can win some this year. Who knows, maybe the D will shock us all.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
3-1.
The problem with the whole "he's a rookie" mantra is he doesn't know he's one.I hope nobody reminds him. Other teams will bring the house against him, but he'll stand there and make the throw. They'll lose to Wash.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok it seems Dak will get at least 4 games, so I will be bold
and say 4-0 with Dak in 1st 4 games.
If they do lose one I would think it would be the first game.

Have you seen our Defense LOL (I won't address the Dak thing)

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
3-1.
The problem with the whole "he's a rookie" mantra is he doesn't know he's one.I hope nobody reminds him. Other teams will bring the house against him, but he'll stand there and make the throw. They'll lose to Wash.

Washington DBs scare me, they are pretty good. This would be a good game for Dak to use his legs.

aikemirv

Reaction score
No expectations after last year without Romo. I don't care how Dak has looked in preseason, albeit it is much better than the alternative, he is going to have to prove it for me to get my hopes up.

So for me the first 4 games will determine my prognosis for the rest of the season.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the positivity in this thread. It's good because the team hasn't given us much to be excited about over the past 20 years.

If I had told you a month ago, at this point in the season, Romo would be looking at short-term IR and the defense would still be milquetoast, a thread like this would've been filled with doom and gloom.

It just goes to show the kind of excitement Dak's play has engendered. I won't crap on that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You may be right about that. I'm just saying that I think he would have won a few of last year's games. Hopefully he can win some this year. Who knows, maybe the D will shock us all.
He couldn't have done worse because there were almost open receivers that neither backup was willing to take a chance on.

Reaction score
Ya'll are an optimistic bunch, I'll give you guys that.
You never know though, maybe they'll surprise everyone. Your team this year parallels the 2012 Commanders, precocious rookie qb, good running rookie rb, horribad defense
through the first 4 games with Griffin the Commanders averaged almost 31 points a game.. (30.75 to be exact.. however the defense also gave up the exact same amount, 30.75 per game) so it's not outside the realm of possibility that it could happen again. Griffin was 2-2 those first 4 games, before falling to 3-6.

Personally, I would say 1-3 with an outside shot at 2-2, your sole win coming against the 49ers. You guys should struggle to win without Romo, like last year.
I know the sole win without him came against us, but we had essentially 4 1st year players on the Oline.. regardless the dallas defensive game plan was a good one, had those guys all crossed up with all the stunts and blitzes. I would think we will be better prepared for that this year, It'll be tough sledding throwing against our secondary this year.. much deeper than last year when wide receivers were starting at cb due to injuries.

But the NFL is hard to predict these days, so you never know.