CZ POLL ***** Predict the Season Record for the 2018 Cowboys ***** CLOSED *****

How many wins and losses will the Cowboys have this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
9-7 -- It appears to be a tough schedule for a young team in 2018.

Barring excessive injuries, the Dallas defense should help this team enough to make winning feasible, although difficult this year.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Still waiting for @GORICO 's vote. He already gave us a Platinum Guarantee for the postseason. Kinda wish it'd been Double Platinum. :huh:

TheHerd

Reaction score
We need to keep this post around to compare with the actuals.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
12-4. We'll have our running attack in full force with Zeke at the helm, setting up play action.

Defense will actually make plays that decide ball games as well, surprising most of the fan base. With our ability to get to the QB, more mistakes will happen and our secondary will be right there for the taking.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
7-9, too many positions are being neglected. You know you've needed a top WR for years and you ignored it. You know you've needed to bring in some big potential at the DT position and you ignored it. You know your team hasn't had 'plus' safeties in over a decade and you ignored it. What are you even trying to do at the TE position? What is the overall plan? Warm bodies?

Your team is only as good as its weakest link.

Yeah yeah, I'm just a hater, and maybe you win 11 games. But hiding shortcomings isn't the goal of real contenders.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
13-3, even with Garrett. I am usually a realist, but this is an optimistic prediction. This D has the potential to dominate if our D tackles can control the run, Lee stays healthy, Jaylon plays up to his College potential, our D ends wreak havoc and our young DB’s play up to their potential. Our O can score 24-26 points a game if Linehan’s passing scheme helps our receivers get open( see NE receivers every year), our LG is solid, Looney plays good until Frederick gets back( he will), and most importantly Garret improves on game day. Better in game adjustments and clock management. Of all this optimism, from a realist, Garrett worries me the most. Also, Dak will play well if the coaches do their part( scheme receivers open on occasion, design plays to put our players in position to make plays. I think they will make a concerted effort to do that, this year). Go Cowboys!!!!!

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
6 and 10 and time to face some cold harsh truths

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Alright @LocimusPrime I have hashed this and rehashed this. First let me start by saying I am not a "Dak Hater", a fair weather fan, or troll. Passionate lifelong Cowboys fan since 1976. I can't recall if I have even missed a game since then cause I really don't think I have. One of the proudest moments I have had as a fan was taking my boy (who made the decision on his own to be a boys fan) to the draft this year and getting a picture with the 93 Trophy as he wore his Dak jersey and I broke out some authentic Emmitt. Onto the season; I'm worn out tired and wondering if or when this franchise will ever turn the corner to prosperity again. We've obviously had many signs pointing up since 95 but nothing has ever materialized. This year as the team continues to get "younger" and roster churn and process away I see this team and staff taking a step back yet again. Now I do think the DEF will be a bright spot and is on the verge of being a perennial top five unit and this season I see them sitting anywhere between 7-11 before it is all said and done. The OFF is going to be the area this team has some major growing to do and I felt this way before Fred. It's going to take time for Gallup to figure this out and Hurns is well he is at best a number three WR, Beaz while serviceable is not going to replace a HOF TE, then you throw in the rest of the cast led by TWill; who has been a martyr on this board for the better part of his cowboys career. Then the TE mess...goodness...Rico has the tools but not the brains and the others are nothing more than TE3/4 at best. Dak is not the GOAT, ARodgers, or even Matt Ryan at this point. Yeah he is good but he isn't going to make this cast stick out like MVPs and future HOFers do day in and day out. The DEF is going to keep teams from scoring but the OFF is going to struggle to punch it into the end zone even with Zeke. There isn't anyone other than Zeke an opposing defense has to game plan for at this point and most likely won't have to until November. At this point is when we will start to witness Gallup separating from this receiving group as the leader. I'm not saying Dak or any of these receivers aren't going to have good games or carry this team to a win I'm talking about someone this team and opposing teams know they have to game plan for. I'm not as high on Zeke this year for the reasons I just outlined. I think he has a great year with 1375 rushing yards 410 receiving yards and 12 total touchdowns. Dak I see having around 3600 passing yards 13 TDs and 12 INTs and another 3 TDs on the ground. I think TWil leads the team in rec at 860 yards and 4 TDs with Gallup right behind at 740 yards and 4 TDs. On the DEF side I see Chido, Smith, DLaw, and Gregory all landing in the top ten at their respective positions. I think Smith and Chido finish out in the top five and DLaw in the top three. I really believe this team on this side of the ball is at the doorstep for some real consistent recognition as a DEF force in this league. Just sit there for a minute and think we still haven't witness what LVE is oging to bring to the table. They just need to get the offensive side figured out before yet another window closes. So with that I am excited, pumped, and ready to go with another great season of football and cheering on our boys.

@Panthers W The Defense jumps out of the gate and provides a glimpse of things to come. 17-14
vs Giants L This regime has had a hard time beating the gnats at home. 13-27
@Seahawks W The hawks are going to be bad this year. 24-13
vs Lions W The Defense pulls another one out with something special. 24-21
@Texans L The texans are back and have a strengths on both sides of the ball 10-27
vs Jags L Not against this defense force 3-17
@Commanders L The slide continues..the skins manned up on the DLine and Smith will excel under Gruden 17-28
vs Titans W Titans are very similar to our team still trying to find their identity on the offensive side with a good defense 17-16
@Eagles L The champs will be back to full strength and rolling at this point 10-27
@Falcons L Yet another team with strengths on both sides of the ball 17-31
vs Commanders W A feel good game all around 27-10
vs Saints L The saints are my SB favorite this year for the NFC 24-34
vs Eagles L Still rolling and beating the teams they should beat 17-21
@Colts W This team under this regime has struggled vs elite QBs and yes Luck is elite when healthy but a great offensive fun game 38-31
vs Bucs W The bucs defense may be the worst in the NFL this year 30-17
@Giants L The gnats and Eli sweep the season and secure a playoff berth 21-28

7-9 no playoffs and this organization goes into the offseason with making a decision if Dak continues to lead this team for the next 10 years or someone else is brought in to get the offense over the hump. Ups and downs and yes I hope I am wrong and this team goes 12-4 and deep into the playoffs...just calling it like I see it. Either way Let's go Cowboys!!

Reaction score
9-7. But I hope I’m wrong. The lack of a true #1 WR worries me, as do the injuries on the OL. But no Chaz Green is a huge positive.

Why does the lack of a true number one worry you? We had a "true number one" with Dez for years and it didn't win a SB or get us very far in the playoffs?

StarWiz2

Reaction score
SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!

COWBOYS 24 STEELERS 21

And first to seven.

Cheer up, Cowboy fans, the same kind of gloom and doom predictions existed prior to the 2018 Hockey season for the Washington Caps. And now,

LORD STANLEY SAYS HELLO FROM WASHINGTON D.C!!

For a three year tour.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
10-6 & hopefully a Wild Card spot.
Defense should be much better than last year.
I think the pass rush and corners will be strong. Weaknesses at Safety will hold the defense back from being a top five unit.
I'd say they crack the top ten though.
Offensively they'll run the ball well.
With the unknowns at TE & WR & missing Fred on the OL, I could see the offense having a very up-and-down season.
Somewhere between good and bad.
So-so offensively?
Or they could come out like gangbusters.
I'm taking a wait and see approach.
STs? Who knows.
Hopefully Maher is legit,
C. Jones is a great punter.
Who is the KR & PR?

Status
Not open for further replies.