CZ POLL ***** Predict the Season Record for the 2021 Cowboys ***** CLOSED! ***

How many wins and losses will the Cowboys have this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I went with 11-6 but I could see 10-7 as well. This team is an enigma. I really have no idea what to expect. I wish I shared the optimism of some of the folks here.

And for the record I absolutely hate the 17 game season.

Skaven---- i think now you have to play like 2 seasons in 1.....like some starters rest and dont play some games?....17 games and then playoffs for 14 of the 32 teams...20-21 games....that is almost 2 seasons worth of games in 1960 when they played 12 games....you know it has to go that way....bodies just dont last 21 games a year very long ..add preseason and scrimmages.....26 games a year....it will be "i play less and you pay more"

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Dak will prove he’s a middle of the ground QB. We will lose to contenders and best teams we should. 9-8 record.

Verdict

Reaction score
12 and 5. Based on the voting looks like less than 3 percent of posters are more optimistic than I am. Lol.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Next poll.....

How long does it take us to get used to the 17th game?

I still can't figure out if 10-7 feels more like 10-6 or 9-7 lol.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know how people are saying this team will barely beat its win mark from last year. We had the worst defense in football, an offensive line decimated by injury, and lost our starting QB for most of the season. I am not saying they're going to be the '85 Bears but come on now. Just having our QB for the whole season last year would have probably won us the division (not a huge accomplishment given how bad it was last year, but still).

The defense WILL be improved and finish somewhere in the top-14 to top-20 range. We added too many decent pieces (and most importantly a competent D Coordinator) not to get a little better. I really do think that Parsons will be a difference maker for this defense, D-law and Gregory will be the best pairing at DE that we have had in a long time, and the secondary will be serviceable. The one massive question mark in my opinion is DT. On paper we are very weak there and we could have trouble stopping the run. All in all though, we will be better on D. I believe that is +2 or +3 wins to our total from last year. We also get back our entire Oline and starting QB. Add that to the equation and I think you can safely add +2 or +3 more wins to our total. All of that being said I think that 10-7 is probably the most likely scenario, but I could see 11-6 or even 12-5 if things break our way (we are due for some good luck BTW). If the Oline falls apart again there is a good chance we crash back down to like 8-9 or 9-8, but I really don't think we will be ravaged by injuries like last year. I think that 10 or 11 wins will probably be enough to take the division crown and at the very least sneak in to a wildcard spot.

I'm excited for this season. I think that we have reasons to be optimistic to an extent. All in all last year was tough to watch with our replacement level QB, practice squad Oline, and horrendous defensive play. As long as the squad is competitive in most games I will be happy. I truly do think we're only a few pieces away from becoming a great team, but have what we need to be good now.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Skaven---- i think now you have to play like 2 seasons in 1.....like some starters rest and dont play some games?....17 games and then playoffs for 14 of the 32 teams...20-21 games....that is almost 2 seasons worth of games in 1960 when they played 12 games....you know it has to go that way....bodies just dont last 21 games a year very long ..add preseason and scrimmages.....26 games a year....it will be "i play less and you pay more"
17 games is my fear for the rookies, because they will hit a wall....hopefully they can fight through that.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Miss Cleo advises 11 and 6, NFC East Champs. The crystal ball is cloudy after this.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That goes beyond football btw. A person shouldn’t be commenting on a subject if they only know about 1 thing (cowboys) and have no knowledge on other parts of the subject (the other 31 teams). Otherwise they are just talking out of their necks with ignorance (lack of knowledge)

And I question the knowledge about the Cowboys he has.
As he just spits off hate time and time again.
If one knew of his or her own team. They would be talking about the good stuff as well.

This goes for quite a few on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.