CZ POLL ***** Predict the Season Record for the 2021 Cowboys ***** CLOSED! ***

How many wins and losses will the Cowboys have this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We had injuries last year. Are you expecting that to happen again?
And the year before that?
The injuries were largely on offense, which is why I said we have too much talent on offense at least not to contend for the division.
But the defense still concerns me, as does coaching - on both sides. I'm not sold on Kellen Moore. I think, personally, he's over his head. On the job training for the greatest franchise in sports.:rolleyes:
And I've been let down too many times to invest in a 12, 13 ... 17 win season.
So 9-8 it is, at least from me.
I would gladly like to be proven wrong. :)

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
8-9 would be the best scenario for the team. The OL already has bumps and bruises, and if any of the starters miss significant time, it's over Johnny.

I say this every year, and many of you agree while others criticize...the front office is just too JV. They aren't the worst in the league, but seem to run the team on whims and wild guesses. They constantly over pay for players and put way too much faith in their own guys. And no, this is not a swipe at Dak. We needed a QB and signed a good one. But the mediocrity is just frustrating.

I can only hope that I am dead wrong this year.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Other than Dak coming back, I don't see much reason why we are a winning team this year.
Don't see anything different about Zeke and the OLine. Another year older. The young ones who SHOULD be healthy, Collins and Williams, are the ones hurt now. Just a matter of time before Smith & Martin go down again. Not much depth on that oline either.
A bunch of rookies aren't going to turn around the defense overnight. They'll be better for sure, but how can you not improve on last year's disaster??
Been here before many years where we try to convince ourselves that unknown rookies, journeymen and benchwarmers will bust through, and the proven vets will regain youth.
If we go the tourney, it's because Dak plays lights out and the injuries stay tame this year. That's a tough injury to overcome and his shoulder is now a problem. So 8-9 at best.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And the year before that?
The injuries were largely on offense, which is why I said we have too much talent on offense at least not to contend for the division.
But the defense still concerns me, as does coaching - on both sides. I'm not sold on Kellen Moore. I think, personally, he's over his head. On the job training for the greatest franchise in sports.:rolleyes:
And I've been let down too many times to invest in a 12, 13 ... 17 win season.
So 9-8 it is, at least from me.
I would gladly like to be proven wrong. :)

No, the injuries were all over the defense too buddy. The year before we had Garrett.

My point is about your ability to analyze the players and the team quality. If all you are going to do is cry about it all the time, what is the point. If this team looked bad I would have no problem saying so. Maybe you cant see the talent, but this offense is completely loaded. And the defense is definitely better than last year all with better coaching.

We also have a cake schedule and play in the worst division in football. There are years to be down and years to be excited. This is a year to be excited. Now if the injuries start piling up, its over. But as of now things look really good.

But be pessimistic all you want. Its not like the Cowboys havent disappointed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Other than Dak coming back, I don't see much reason why we are a winning team this year.
Don't see anything different about Zeke and the OLine. Another year older. The young ones who SHOULD be healthy, Collins and Williams, are the ones hurt now. Just a matter of time before Smith & Martin go down again. Not much depth on that oline either.
A bunch of rookies aren't going to turn around the defense overnight. They'll be better for sure, but how can you not improve on last year's disaster??
Been here before many years where we try to convince ourselves that unknown rookies, journeymen and benchwarmers will bust through, and the proven vets will regain youth.
If we go the tourney, it's because Dak plays lights out and the injuries stay tame this year. That's a tough injury to overcome and his shoulder is now a problem. So 8-9 at best.

So basically you havent even paid attention to anything thats happened with the Cowboys over the last 18 months?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
So basically you havent even paid attention to anything thats happened with the Cowboys over the last 18 months?
More like 18 years. Same patch and paint overhaul with Jerry. Unless there's a HOF coach named Jimmy or Bill in the mix, I don't give us much of a chance.

Just to repeat though, I hope I'm wrong. But I've been feed this preseason hype for decades. I'll believe it when I see it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
More like 18 years. Same patch and paint overhaul with Jerry. Unless there's a HOF coach named Jimmy or Bill in the mix, I don't give us much of a chance.

Just to repeat though, I hope I'm wrong. But I've been feed this preseason hype for decades. I'll believe it when I see it.

I cant argue the past. But thankfully, this team has nothing to do with the past. But if you want to base your analysis off of past teams, be my guest.

This season will be determined by the health of the Oline and the defense. Not the past, and not Garrett.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Season predictions are silly. Too many variables and injuries week to week. It’s tough enough to predict one week at a time . But I’ll start there. 0-1

quickccc

Reaction score
Cowboys 11-6

at Tampa - LOSS
at LA Chargers - LOSS
Philly - WIN
Carolina - WIN
Giants - WIN
at NE Pats - LOSS
BYE

at Minnesota - WIN
Denver - WIN
ATL - WIN
at KC Chiefs LOSS
LV Raiders - WIN
at NO Saints- LOSS
at Washington LOSS
at NYG - WIN
Arizona - WIN
at Philly - WIN

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No, the injuries were all over the defense too buddy. The year before we had Garrett.

My point is about your ability to analyze the players and the team quality. If all you are going to do is cry about it all the time, what is the point. If this team looked bad I would have no problem saying so. Maybe you cant see the talent, but this offense is completely loaded. And the defense is definitely better than last year all with better coaching.

We also have a cake schedule and play in the worst division in football. There are years to be down and years to be excited. This is a year to be excited. Now if the injuries start piling up, its over. But as of now things look really good.

But be pessimistic all you want. Its not like the Cowboys havent disappointed.

Do you think I care what you think about my ability to analyze players or assess the quality of the team?:rolleyes:
I offered my opinion. You don't like it. Fine.
I have neither the will or inclination to engage in petty preening about who knows more about the state of the Cowboys.
Continue your cock crowing without me.

Cook a doodle dooooo! :laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you think I care what you think about my ability to analyze players or assess the quality of the team?:rolleyes:
I offered my opinion. You don't like it. Fine.
I have neither the will or inclination to engage in petty preening about who knows more about the state of the Cowboys.
Continue your cock crowing without me.

Cook a doodle dooooo! :laugh:
Just trying to say good news!!!!! You suck at analysis!!!! :thumbup:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Y'all want to win the Super Bowl - I WANT TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL - but your rational brain knows it's not going to happen.

Some of you will make grandiose predictions, but you know you're engaging in wishful thinking.

This team is cursed by dysfunctional leadership, has been for a couple decades, and isn't likely to change any time soon. That, as fans, is our unfortunate reality.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time is running out!

Poll closes in a little over 24 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.