PREDICTION: Cowboys will draft Ahmad Brooks

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
PoetTree said:
---

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that Dallas is going to drop its 2nd-rounder for Brooks in the supplemental draft. Not only because of the Groh connection, his enormous talent and the fact that he would've been considered the biggest steal in draft history in the 2nd-round of the "official" draft. But also because I get the feeling that this kid really wants to play football, is committed to cleaning up his life... and Parcells.... well..... would LOVE to add a talent like that to an already burgeoning defense.

I could be wrong, and we'll see Thursday. But we won't get him in the 3rd.

If we drop a 2nd, though... he's ours.

Watch for it....

:eek:

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This got to be the joke of the day right?

Do Cowboyszone.com do jokes of the day?

This goes right to the top.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Well, he did have a decent day against the Terps once.

Never overlook that.

fear the turtle.
Going by the Cowboys roster, I always thought Henson was taller than Romo, you sig pic kills that thought.:p:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Going by the Cowboys roster, I always thought Henson was taller than Romo, you sig pic kills that thought.:p:

Romo is 10 feet tall and can crush a man's skull with his bare hands

yes, and if he were here now, he'd defeat the English shooting fireballs from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

yes, and if he were here now, he'd defeat the English shooting fireballs from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse

I'm not sure, but I think that's a 15 yard penalty and loss of down...

MONT17

Reaction score
If Parcells likes the LB position the way he likes his TEs... they will try to get Brooks!!!

Make your strenghts stronger!!!

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
MONT17 said:
If Parcells likes the LB position the way he likes his TEs... they will try to get Brooks!!!

Blowing a 2nd Round pick on a rookie with questionable character issues?? I'll pass.

superpunk

Reaction score
MONT17 said:

What are you talking about?

Link.

Reaction score
Not only does Parcells have all of that talent in the starting positions, but also guys who played well last year like Shanle & Fowler. Plus, Kai Parham was in the top 3-4 of ILB in most pre-draft publications. Hoyte was highly thought of as well. Those two have a bad Combine, & all of a sudden, they're duds? What about all of the great plays they made in college? I think one or both will surprise & make the team.

We don't need to spend another high pick on a LB!! The first 4 picks next year should be OLs & WRs--two each. We are very average at OL, & our WRs are not getting any younger.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

I thought this was Shanle not Romo.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I thought this was Shanle not Romo.

no, Shanle will strike down upon thee with great, and FURRRRIOUS anger, those, who attempt, to corrupt, and POISON my brother, so that then they will KNOW, that I am the LAWD!!

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
Cogan said:
Not only does Parcells have all of that talent in the starting positions, but also guys who played well last year like Shanle & Fowler. Plus, Kai Parham was in the top 3-4 of ILB in most pre-draft publications. Hoyte was highly thought of as well. Those two have a bad Combine, & all of a sudden, they're duds? What about all of the great plays they made in college? I think one or both will surprise & make the team.

We don't need to spend another high pick on a LB!! The first 4 picks next year should be OLs & WRs--two each. We are very average at OL, & our WRs are not getting any younger.

Last year we were hurting for quality depth as we transitioned to the 3-4, even though Shanle and Fowler were pretty solid when they saw playing time.

This year we added Ayodele, who might be the biggest 'under the radar' FA acquisition in the NFL, and also we drafted what hopes to be a starter for many years to come in Bobby Carpenter.

Factor in some of these younger prospects like Hoyte and Parham and you wonder if we have room for all of these guys. Might be some very good players cut this summer.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
StarAmongStars said:
Last year we were hurting for quality depth as we transitioned to the 3-4, even though Shanle and Fowler were pretty solid when they saw playing time.

This year we added Ayodele, who might be the biggest 'under the radar' FA acquisition in the NFL, and also we drafted what hopes to be a starter for many years to come in Bobby Carpenter.

Factor in some of these younger prospects like Hoyte and Parham and you wonder if we have room for all of these guys. Might be some very good players cut this summer.

I like that sig homie. :bow:

fortdick

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I would give up a 2 in a heart beat. I want this monster to play along with Ayodele/Carpenter/Ware/James. Let James come out on passing downs and bring in Brooks. Brooks/Carpenter/Ware have got to be 3 of the biggest 3 LBrs ever!! Brooks can run, and can you imagine bringing all 3 of those guys including hatcher and Canty, and possibly even RW?

You bring this guy in period. 2nd rounder.... Who cares? If this guys head was on straight from the beginning, and he didn't get injured, he would most likely be a top ten player.. And for those who think we have plenty of linebackers... We have a really good starting group and a bunch of scrubs.

BILL PARCELLS!!!!!!! GET ER DONE BUDDY!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!

Then, we can trade next year's first for Ricky Williams! Yeah, he has some issues, but he seems to want to play now and is working hard to clean up his act. RW is a game changer! Can you imagine T.O. and Glenn wide, with Ricky running the ball? WOOHOO! No one stops us!
:rolleyes:

playit12

Reaction score
ILB is still a position of need for this team. Shanle is a decent backup and nickle LB but is not a real talent. You would like to have your most talented players at LB in a 3-4.

I don't think Fowler makes the team. He tries hard, but he doesn't have the physical tools (Lateral Speed and reaction speed) or the instincts to play at this level. He was a liability when he played last year. Parham dropped because he was very slow. He can't play coverage and might only be able to be on the field on run downs at this point.

That really only leaves 2 starters and one backup at ILB. Even then, you are counting on one player to make the shift to the inside and he wasn't really all that great at his last team.

As for Brooks, he has the physical tools and mindset to play the position. He doesn't need as much training in Mini-camp or TC as another player would. Like Canty, he played in this same deffense in College. He was also enough of a physical talent that UVA would use him as a goal line back.

Don't get me wrong... He's a risk because of his off the field troubles and injuries. But he certainly is more physically talented than anyone else we have in the middle.

Also, regarding the pick. Teams value pics in the following years draft to be one round behind the current year's draft (except 1rst rounders). Thus a second next year would be the equivalent to a 3rd this year.

I think a second or third in next year's draft would be appropriate considering the drug and injury risk. Guess it all depends on how he interviews and what Groh says...

I read elsewhere (I don't remember where now... PFT perhaps?) that the Cowboys were one of four teams that set up workouts for Brooks at thier home facilities.

ConcreteBoy

Benched
Reaction score
playit12 said:
ILB is still a position of need for this team. Shanle is a decent backup and nickle LB but is not a real talent. You would like to have your most talented players at LB in a 3-4.

I don't think Fowler makes the team. He tries hard, but he doesn't have the physical tools (Lateral Speed and reaction speed) or the instincts to play at this level. He was a liability when he played last year. Parham dropped because he was very slow. He can't play coverage and might only be able to be on the field on run downs at this point.

That really only leaves 2 starters and one backup at ILB. Even then, you are counting on one player to make the shift to the inside and he wasn't really all that great at his last team.

As for Brooks, he has the physical tools and mindset to play the position. He doesn't need as much training in Mini-camp or TC as another player would. Like Canty, he played in this same deffense in College. He was also enough of a physical talent that UVA would use him as a goal line back.

Don't get me wrong... He's a risk because of his off the field troubles and injuries. But he certainly is more physically talented than anyone else we have in the middle.

Also, regarding the pick. Teams value pics in the following years draft to be one round behind the current year's draft (except 1rst rounders). Thus a second next year would be the equivalent to a 3rd this year.

I think a second or third in next year's draft would be appropriate considering the drug and injury risk. Guess it all depends on how he interviews and what Groh says...

I read elsewhere (I don't remember where now... PFT perhaps?) that the Cowboys were one of four teams that set up workouts for Brooks at thier home facilities.

Lets note that when we are on the clock next year in 2nd and 3rd round. No way are we trading that value away for this red flag risk. Its a Clarett sized risk......