PREDICTIONS: Predict the Cowboys 2005 Season Record

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
12-4 We havea breakout season, surprising everyone, but this time we are for real, unlike 2003.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality said:
Here is your chance to go on record and predict the win-loss record for the Dallas Cowboys for the 2005 season.
10-6, but I'm hoping 11-5. Even tho the D will definitely be improved, it's the offense which will tell the tale. Gotta score some points.

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
11-5 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This extreme example of homerism was brought to you by Grandma's Country Style Hemeroid cream, 'when your @$$ hurts, grandma will make it better'

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Honestly believe the Cowboltz have Improved on their 2004 team. Whether or not all of the rookies will gel with the veterans at the same time is unlikely; but it actually could go in the other direction.

The benefit of the doubt is probably a safe guess ...8-8;)

Good hunting gents!

Hoov

Reaction score
11-5. agree with fletch regarding the division games. Some tough AFC games, i think we go 2-2 aginst AFC. and 2 more losses against NFC teams outside our division.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
so all the filthy eagles think we're only gonna go 8-8 how sad, ya'll cant even admit when another team is ready to take your crown. bah we shall see

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
so all the filthy eagles think we're only gonna go 8-8 how sad, ya'll cant even admit when another team is ready to take your crown. bah we shall see

what crown?

they're pissed that they've never had a crown so they can't accept the fact that we're gonna kick they're arses all over the field next year.

the iggles may be able to say they have won the division a couple of times recently, but my response to that would be: how many SBs have you won?

:iggles:

AJM1613

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
who was it that was relying on rookie corners?

I don't know...New England had one who happened to be their biggest liability on defense.

Sheppard and Brown were in their third year.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I don't know...New England had one who happened to be their biggest liability on defense.

Sheppard and Brown were in their third year.
i think he meant last year when vincent and taylor were hurt, but it still aplieas.

I predicted 10-6 myself, but, we have as much talent as almost anyone in the league.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Tio said:
i think he meant last year when vincent and taylor were hurt, but it still aplieas.

Even then they were in their second season.

I predicted 10-6 myself, but, we have as much talent as almost anyone in the league.

:banghead:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Even then they were in their second season.

:banghead:

i sont know what your banging your head about that last time i checked, everytime you went to a championship battle you choked, its time to move over and let a team who knows how to win the big games, take back whats ours, cause your team (judgin by perfomances) cant get it done

AJM1613

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
take back whats there, cause your team (judgin by perfomances) cant get it done

You've beaten us once in five seasons.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
and we're not sorry anymore

Wooooaaa! Who ever said your team was "sorry" in the first place? Don't pull things out of the sky on me like that. I've always said you play us well, ...and you have. I've also said your team has improved on paper -- still need to wait to see if the rookies gel. Still that's a Long way from being sorry. That's your word, unless you were referring to osmeone else??

Good Hunting.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Wooooaaa! Who ever said your team was "sorry" in the first place? Don't pull things out of the sky on me like that. I've always said you play us well, ...and you have. I've also said your team has improved on paper -- still need to wait to see if the rookies gel. Still that's a Long way from being sorry. That's your word, unless you were referring to osmeone else??

Good Hunting.

First i didnt say anybody said that we were sorry. Secondour rookies gel in TC, in preseason, it isnt like this is a egotistcal team(sounds like your team who loves to hold out) so it ownt take time for everybody to feel good around each other.

Second your implication of us being 8-8 implies that we arent as good.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
I really wanted to say 11-5.. but had to go with 9-7.. I just think there are a few variables that could happen any year that cannot really be predicted.. I am cautiously optimistic that we will be better than 9-7 though

I agree with this prediction. We have not improved enough on offense and the defense will go through a season of growing pains.

9-7

followthestar

Reaction score
the first question i asked myself is how can a team only win 6 games one year after going 10-6 the year before? first, go all season with the backup QB starting. then take your best RB out for at least half the season. then lose your most experienced and best blocking TE, and go without your best deep threat WR. add a few injuries along the OL, play a rotation of underwhelming CBs, have one or two FAs turn out to be total busts, and you have an excellent recipe for disaster.
however... if you can manage to correct a good majority of those faults, then of course you become a good team. i think we have better depth all around, and the quality of our starters should be much improved. i think our mindset will be to attack, both on offense and defense, and i hope to see some of that "frenzy" Parcells mentioned.
on paper i might even agree 9-7 is more likely, but this will be an overacheiving group of hungry young players stoked by veterans who have been to the mountaintop - and want to go back again.
laddies, one poster was reminded of the 1991 Cowboys. i think we have that much potential also. we have the pieces there in front of us. i trust Parcells to put them together the right way, and by the end of the season nobody will want to play against us... we won't be losers anymore.