PREDICTIONS: Predict the Cowboys 2005 Season Record

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
dallas goes 11-5 in the regular season.

the defense is struggling to find an identity. the offense opens with a flourish, but they lose the season opener in a highscoring squeaker @ SD. then they pound WASH, (@)SF, (@)OAK <shut down moss>, and then lose a tough homegame to PHI. they split the next two - pounding NYG and losing to (@)SEA. they beat a resurgent ARZ at home and hit the bye.

second half the Defense starts to come together, the running game really kicks in, and dallas begins to play serious "powerball". they open with a close road loss @PHI <McNabb knocked out in 2nd half - but Eagles D saves them>. and then go on a 5-game win streak obliterating DET, DEN, (@)NYG, and (@)WASH. they drop a blowout road game to CAR. then take it out on STL at Texas Stadium to finish 11-5 and qualify for the wildcard round of the playoffs.

they draw a roadgame in SEA (who won a very weak NFC West) in the wildcard round - and beat them soundly in the rematch.

then they edge PHI on the road in the divisional round (beating a resurgent Cowboys team 3 times in the same season - proves too tall an order for the once-dominant Eagles).

finally, Dallas loses a tough battle to CAR in the NFC championship game. but all are encouraged about 2006 season (when we get to, and win, the superbowl).

now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Soory man as much as i love your prediction, i just cant stomach us losing to gilles twice again, even ifwe beat them in the playoffs, i'd rather beat phily adn lose ARZthen two lose twice to them.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
Sorry but i had to go 8-8 for the season until they prove to me that they can get by the Giants and Eagles.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
I think 2005 will be a season of very pleasant surprises for Cowboy fans, however, I think the transition to a 3-4 will be difficult, and the infusion of so many rookies into the lineup, along with Ferguson and Henry, is going to take some time to come together. The first 4 or 5 games will be disappointing to the fans.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'll be very happy with 9-7...10-6 would be a dream...anyone who expects better is dreaming, but then I remember I was blasted last year for trying to be the voice of reason when everyone thought we'd go 10-6 or 12-4.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
7-9, 8-8 at best. Bledsoe is going to dissapoint some people, imo. Our defense won't be fixed over night.....it'll take awhile. We're going to be better, just not overnight.

booboo

Benched
Reaction score
39% think that we're goin 11-5 :rolleyes:

Dallas forum fans are starting to look alot like

homer-simpson-santa-claus-christmas-inflatable.jpg

Our rookies won't do anything for about 2 years.

For 2003 and 2004 the seasoned rookies/vets just aren't there, it's a void.

I see the cowboys stagnating until 2007.

8-8

followthestar

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
10-6 would be a dream...I was blasted last year for trying to be the voice of reason when everyone thought we'd go 10-6 or 12-4.

what about the year before that? were you blasted for saying we'd go 5-11 again, only to have us reach 10-6 and a playoff berth? i hope so! this team is AT LEAST as good as that team was, and anyone saying otherwise is deluded...

kartr

Reaction score
I'd say about 6-10 or 7-9 at the best. I too don't believe the rookies will be able get over the hump in just one season. I have no faith in any of our QB's, don't believe we have a decent right tackle, so our RB's won't be as effective as they could be and depth at WR is very thin and our schedule is chock full of playoff teams from last year or the year before who had very good off-seasons.I'm just being pragmatic, Bledsoe hasn't qb'ed a team into playoffs in 8 years and our backup QB position is the worst in the NFL(1/2 game starting experience).You can't name a team with less experience at the most important position in the game. Henson,despite his potential, is still more baseball player than football player at this point.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
kartr said:
I'd say about 6-10 or 7-9 at the best. I too don't believe the rookies will be able get over the hump in just one season. I have no faith in any of our QB's, don't believe we have a decent right tackle, so our RB's won't be as effective as they could be and depth at WR is very thin and our schedule is chock full of playoff teams from last year or the year before who had very good off-seasons.I'm just being pragmatic, Bledsoe hasn't qb'ed a team into playoffs in 8 years and our backup QB position is the worst in the NFL(1/2 game starting experience).You can't name a team with less experience at the most important position in the game. Henson,despite his potential, is still more baseball player than football player at this point.

What would be your predicition in Q. Kartr was still here?

Hoov

Reaction score
looks like the majority is settling in at 9-11 wins. those who think fewer wins are mostly doing so in light of the fact that the rookies will take some time to develop. aside from the injury, when he played it didnt look like jones needed a few years to become a contributor. dont forget the FA's will improve the team on both sides of the ball and as for the defensive rookies, i think there is going to be a lot of rotation so its not like were going to field 4 or 5 rookies on starting defense at the same time while sitting players like ellis, glover, ferguson. ware and spears will probably see a lot of playing time right off the bat but parcells will know how to mix them in with the veterans.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
10-6 :skins: :jints: :banghead:

Interesting lineup of helmet bashing ...Commanders, Giants, then the Eagles. Is that How you see the level of difficulty (easiest first ...) for the upcoming season going?

Here's my sense of the NFC lineup this year ...

Commanders - basically the same team - maybe worse (didn't do well in the draft; but made a good FA signing)

Giants/Cowboys - not trying to be funny, but the Giants picked up some good players in the offseason. While your Cowboys did well in the draft. This is a question of gel and rookies against veterans on different sides of the ball.

Eagles - will be the most complicated team in the NFC East if we retain Westbrook, and T.O.

But I know anything can happen (injuries, upsets, holdouts, trades)

Good hunting.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I chose 11-5. I think this team is going to make some waves this season.

Incidentally, I'm just back from Vegas where the odds on a Cowboys' Superbowl were at 20-1. I took a flyer on them for $50 with a $1000 payout.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I am going to go with 10-6 because I think we are going to have some growing pains early in teh season with all the new pieces we have. But I think they will gel by the 5th or 6th game and we will go on a run. Hopefully even though we have some cohesiveness problems early on we will surprise some of our opponents with the new talent and get some wins anyway.